Why did it never explain how he turned into a bug? Does it just not matter?

Why did it never explain how he turned into a bug? Does it just not matter?

he explained it in the dvd commentary

Because it's irrelevant. Also, it adds to the horror.
Seriously, if you don't understand that it doesn't matter, read some commentary on it to get a grasp. Google "kafkaesque"

The book only makes sense when you realize that his bug transformation is a descent into depression caused by modernity and industrialism

It's a metaphor for becoming a hikikomori NEET after being fed up with being a wagie for everyone else.

Kafka personally told Brod that he wouldn't ever allow a portrayal of Gregor as an actual bug

Obviously. I always start to scale the walls when I'm depressed.

I had a feeling this was the case. The apple that gets embedded into Gregor's carapace is clearly redolent of Apple's vitiating of the consumer electronic market.

But seriously, you should rethink your interpretation

Because it is absurd

i am literally gregor. even my family calls me a bug

>Kafka personally told Brod that he wouldn't ever allow a portrayal of Gregor as an actual bug

That's weird, since Kafka's portrayal of Gregor is that of an actual bug.

How come nobody ever asks this dumb question about The Trial?

>What was he even accused of????
Virtually no threads like this

holy shit this made my brain lurch

>its all a metaphor bro
lol fuck off pseud

Its cause The Metamorphosis is babby's first Kafka so all the newbies will read it and be like "wtf explain????" but by the time they read The Trial they know that Kafka stories are just supposed to be like that

The answer is in your question m8...

Please post more Kafka memes.

I ran past the first watchman. Then I was horrified, ran back again and said to the watchman: 'I ran through here while you were looking the other way.' The watchman gazed ahead of him and said nothing. 'I suppose I really oughtn't to have done it,' I said. The watchman still said nothing. 'Does your silence indicate permission to pass?'

I never read any Kafka, but from what I've gathered through osmosis I assume him turning into a bug is some sort of metaphor for him losing any semblance of individual human worth and free will through becoming an apparatchik.

no one likes bugs, no one likes Gregor, and people think kafka had bad relation with family members.
its just the feels of the writer idk

xD Kafka is soooo absurd !!!! If you think lit has symbols you are a nerd

>proposes infantile interpretation
>gets told to shut up
>"But lit has symbols"

That is of course true, but you can't use it to justify any arbitrary (and in this case retarded) interpretation.

With Kafka it's simply like that. Shit happens for no reason and you should basically just enjoy it for what it is.

In the early drafts he had some shit about a mad scientists experiment gone wrong. But that only raised more questions.

This is bait.

It doesn't matter how.

this

Endlessly working to make others happy and not you can make you feel like an insect.

It's an absurdist novel, the whole point is that you don't think about all the weird fuckin details too hard, all you do is sit back and say "ha ha nigga what the fuck" at all the weird shit and carry on

It's just a metaphor, it didn't literally happen. Basically, It was all in his supraoesophageal ganglion (the fused neural ganglia of the first cephalic segment).

kek

It's obviously metaphor, that's why it's called "The Metaphormosis".

haha

Only correct answer

kek

>everything is a metaphor for depression

babby's first book report

more like kafka is babby's first literature so obviously it would have simple symbolism

thanks for the giggle friendo

>It's a metaphor, see: You act like a bug, but it doesnt really matter.

My German class asked that question too many times.

plottwist: he always was vermin, he just didn't realize it before.

>Does it just not matter?

No, it doesn't. The whole point of the story is how he copes with being transformed. He doesn't seem to care of his transformation, only of its ramifications. It's rather brilliant, honestly.

I've seen them
>I'm halfway into the book, when are they going to explain what he's accused of??
>Did I miss some part of the book because I never found out what he was actually accused of???
>wtf Kafka never tells what K is accused of, major plothole????

stop making threads about books i haven't finished

Is it, dare I say it, Magical Realism?

>young body

Finish it then ya wanker. It only takes a few hours.

More simply, he transformed into someone who was unwilling/unable to work. There's no need to look into any deeper meaning than that.

But he was still willing to work.

Anyone have the goodreads rebiew where the kid gave it a low rating because he didn't understand why he still tried to go to work

do you think a caterpillar knows it will become a butterfly? or that a maggot knows it will be come a fly, or why?

it just happens one day, the actual awareness isn't there, how can the caterpillar know of its purpose to essentially be liquefied and reborn as a completely new creature? I'm sure if the caterpillar did have reason it may think that it is already its final form and achieving its purpose.

I thought the bug transformation was to represent sickness and the eventual wearing of the human body. How those close will abandon you when you are a burden but need them most.

It's not totally new though, butterflies exhibit learned behaviours of the caterpillars.

to say the metamorphosis is one thing or another is silly imo.

>is it a parable of the jewish question in post ww1 europe?
>is it symbolic of the dehumanizing nature of modernity and capitalism?
>is it a story about the effects of physical ugliness/deformation/wretchedness a la elephant man?
>is it just the natural effects of alienation?
>is it an exploration of the discord between physical and nonphysical traits? and how physical is absolutely more significant in society? is stephen hawking a gregor?

i think it's a story about a man who turned into a bug or something similarly awful. it's a very funny, tragic story, really a lot like the elephant man now that i think about it.