So... Love is touching little boys?

So... Love is touching little boys?

sage but just in case anyone is clicking this thread:

Please read Symposium.

No it's being a sphere person you illiterate mong

Socrates displays his virtue by not actually fucking his beloved Alcibiades, much to the horny consternation of the latter. It's right there near the end of the dialogue. Read the Symposium, though, it's lovely.

This is the most beautiful book of the past, the present and the future.

Love is being a philosopher

Its a circlejerk self-congratulatory piece of crap

Socrates there is the beloved and Alcibiades the lover (there's role inversion). He does not love him back, which is the reason why Alcibiades' drunken speech is heart breaking

>by some abstract law socrates is virtuous because he didnt fuck somebody

Who determines he is virtuous? Himself? What a load of shit

Shut the fuck up and read the actual book you uneducated fedora-tipping waste of sperm in a woman's vagina

Not an argument.

well yeah in that specific aspect there's an ironic inversion but in the more general practice of Athenian pederasty Socrates plays the role of the lover (which is the precondition of the ironic inversion)

Wow, I didn't know the new season of Sherlock was coming out this soon

Not an argument.

mods need to do sperg control on this board, these motherfuckers are everywhere sage

Not an argument.

I don't understand this new wave of unfunny shitposting
Do you just do it for the (You)s?

>tfw no 10/10 trap to deprive of attention in bed

Symposium is honestly one of the funniest books I've ever read. The ending where I imagine Socrates talking about poetry to a washed out, drunk af Agathon and Aristodemus the morning after the party always gets me.

>asks a question
>is told what he needs to read to find said answer
>posts the equivalent of a baby screaming "no" over and over

I don't know what containment board you're supposed to be on, but go back there.

this. Laugh out loud funny too, unlike most books. For some reason when Socrates bursts out with a "Good God!" after Alcibiades shows up, I can't control myself.

bump

Why is Socrates portrayed as superhuman?

It's just your average poltardian teenager.