Does Veeky Forums seem to generally despise deconstructivism because it under-girds intersectionality...

Does Veeky Forums seem to generally despise deconstructivism because it under-girds intersectionality, which threatens to unseat the
already declining cultural domination by white men, which this board is clearly almost exclusively populated by?

I see people here responding all the time to the accusation that they should read women (of color), that white men made all the best cultural artifacts, but can't you see that that impression is obviously because of either 1) lackluster education or 2) outright hatred of people not like you?

It's funny how this board has reproduced the various problems of mid-century modernism, as if they haven't already been solved over and over again.

Yes, without racial and gendered superiority "meaning" is perhaps lost in the nations that once depended on those concepts, but that doesn't mean we can't find meaning again.

White man here btw.

Other urls found in this thread:

theanarchistlibrary.org/library/max-stirner-the-ego-and-his-own
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You are on a website for social outcasts filled to the brim with impotent ressentiment.
These people need to constitute their idealized self-image by incessantly having circlejerks against the supposedly inferior evil Other where they validate and pat each other on the back for not being 'normies', 'SJW', women, non-white, liberals etc., so that they get a momentary reprieve from the absolute squalor that is their lives.
You can't change this. Accept it, it's what fuels this site. It's a place where people go to feel a false sense of superiority instead of loneliness and alienation for a few minutes

And yes, it's not lost on me that it applies to me as well.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm a devout Catholic, and my religion heavily informs my approach to all things in my life, especially art. I see deconstruction as diametrically opposed to the truth of the organization of the created world. So my disavowal of it is pretty fundamental.

Posting in this thread so my raging heavy flow period will sync up with these two ladies and we can form a period posse.

Let's unite our menses!

NNGGHHHHHHH I HATE ALL MEN! EVERYONE WHO POSTS HERE IS A VIRGIN!

That's not true, I come here to cryptically troll idiots who come here to try to cryptically troll me.

You couldn't have been further off.

>Ressentiment is a sense of hostility directed at that which one identifies as the cause of one's frustration, that is, an assignment of blame for one's frustration. The sense of weakness or inferiority and perhaps jealousy in the face of the "cause" generates a rejecting/justifying value system, or morality, which attacks or denies the perceived source of one's frustration. This value system is then used as a means of justifying one's own weaknesses by identifying the source of envy as objectively inferior, serving as a defense mechanism that prevents the resentful individual from addressing and overcoming their insecurities and flaws. The ego creates an enemy in order to insulate itself from culpability.

farking kikes and women, m9

deconstructivism sucks because
a) it's arbitrary and subjective (no failure state of deconstruction is possible)
b) it's juvenile. only children take things apart with no intention of putting them back together

There are plenty of us interested in post-modernism.

I'm just about to start a reread of Baudrillard's Perfect Crime.

I just pretend to hate deconstruction when I shitpost as a right-winger. Otherwise I could care less about it. It is irrelevant outside of literary circles, and people who think it is destroying civilization are retarded.

isn't the whole spiel of your "side" that patriarchy and cisheterokyriarchy run the world and enslave your soul or something

how am i ressentimenting if i agree with that and think it's for the best

>White man here btw.

jewish doesn't count

I don't understand how you could be nonchalant towards what goes on in the Academy. It generates ideas, and then intellectuals absorb those ideas, then they transmit those ideas to people, and those ideas are passed along from person to person, and eventually they do huge things.

Hegel and Marx and Nietzsche all started in the Academy, but their ideas have shaped the last 150 years.

That's not my side. Your brain is eroding from browsing the 'redpill' boards if this is what you think anyone who calls you out on your sophomoric and improverished Weltanschauung is.

History is filled with unagreeable intellectual movements. This passes and the most you really ought to be is a little bit frustrated.

No one cares about the humanities academy except people in the humanities academy anymore. I'm not sure if this was true in the past, but the general population mostly views humanities academics as people who were too stupid for science or engineering.

you're trying too hard, and it looks embarrassing to people who know more than you (like me)

It doesn't matter if they don't care. It's still true. Those that don't care are simply those who will find themselves swept up in the riptide of big ideas without knowing what's happening to them.

this has always been true. Maybe back then intellectuals might've had more influence sine so many of them were aristocrats or in touch with the upper circles of society, but nothing was that serious anyway.

I don't have to accept anyone on this board. I've been on here for years now and while there's lots of nice discussion people seem to have an inability to deeply discuss the board itself. Kant improved and critiqued logic by using logic itself, so, lets try that.

Catholic

You're right, but you still never see discussion of post-modern women, i.e. Judith Butler, Rebecca Solnit, Warsan Shire, or even fucking Virginia Woolf, who is objectively a genius, and trashed as a femenist when she barely even is, and anyone deriding her for that posistion hasn't even bothered to read her anyway, even as she is integral to the novelist progress necessary for all the early post-modernist shit that everyone here claims to love.

Lastly, DFW said the best living author is Cynthia Ozick, a jew. What did he mean by this?

>You're right, but you still never see discussion of post-modern women, i.e. Judith Butler,

Been meaning to read Butler. Haven't gotten a hold of any of her books, and my backlog of purchases is getting embarrassingly large.

>threatens to unseat the already declining cultural domination by white men

Where? Can somebody please show me examples of where we are loosing anything? Wealth is still concentrating upwards into mostly white mans hands. Education, whatever poor levels of it they get, among other races is still not getting them anywhere substantial. Women still don't run many fortune 500s. Where are we loosing? We even have the presidency again. White men are more in charge of and benefiting from the lower classes than ever before? Were we not shrinking the middle class and forcing everyone not already in the upper echelon down into a homogenized cultural morass and economic immobility. You think the cultural changes you see right now are not orchestrated by us to our benefit? You think gender and racial identity politics and cultural power are not simple ploys to keep you from focusing on real economic and political power. That's good.

>undergird
Uck
Construct your OP so I don't feel the urge to psycho-vomit.

Oh look, it's the "I don't know what deconstruction is, but I'm going to attack it anyways" thread again.

>Education, whatever poor levels of it they get, among other races is still not getting them anywhere substantial.
Asian Americans have greater average wealth than white Americans lel

economic immobility is mostly due to a huge percentage of the population simply being too stupid to be usefully employable.

Why don't you deconstruct this post. Tell me where the fundamental gender and racial oppositions lie and I'll tell you whether I think your genderqueer reading is a solution to the problems of modernism. Meanwhile I'm gonna go read comfy lit

Does Veeky Forums seem to generally despise the Western canon because it promotes virtue and suffering, which threaten to undermine the oppressor/oppressed narratives that provide a Hofferian escape from personal responsibility for insecure intellectual infants, which most of them are?

>Woolf
What should I read? Pls rec, no irony.

I think this whole argument is retarded
>old white dudes established as having some great ideas
>no fuck their ideas! Women and POCs' ideas!
>no fuck you white men are best!

Why not read both? Jfc, how can this be such a big deal?

As someone who loves the intricacies of nature, as paved by God's will in my personal opinion, deconstructivism shows the beauty in asymmetry. What you have is a bad case of up your own ass, not "Catholicism"

I believe in the existence of absolute truth, Truth with a capital T. God reveals it and the Church safeguards it. I don't see how deconstruction supports a belief in Truth.

Why should I support anyone trying to deconstruct me? Seems like something any sensible person would oppose.

deconstruct this! *unzips dick*

Marx and nietzsche were not academia you uneducaded poser idiot. They were exactly the opposite.

I despise deconstructivism because it's an easy shield for cretins to use when they want to pretend they have any clue what they're talking about. It's complete babble, basic concepts turned into ten-syllable words that comlpete idiots use to feel like they're real literary critics.
This semester I had a professor whose class I had to drop because he was incapable of genuine analysis. At a certain point, any time I brought up a real point about something we were reading, he would go "well yes but can you approach it from a deconstructive point of view? I think the psychosocial anthropolitical supersection of interfallation theory is really important here."

Anything which morons memorize like a dictionary of make-me-look-smarts gets my skepticism from the start and none of the content of deconstructive arguments has proved this approach wrong.

But their ideas were first read by the Academy. That was the point I was making. The Academy is the first level of consideration for ideas, or is most of the time. At least that's how it's come to be. Typically ideas are disseminated into the wider culture in a process that starts in the Academy.

Nietzsche did start there even if he didn't last very long.

deconstruction is a spook

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on this guy?

He's the unique one, born of the creative nothing.

theanarchistlibrary.org/library/max-stirner-the-ego-and-his-own

""""Veeky Forums""""" despises deconstruction because, as themselves being products of post-modernity, their idea of deconstruction is informed by the ephemeral and limited media they consume, rather than any actual engagement with the basic philosophy itself. Deconstruction, to them, is some other symptom of the underlying problems of society; some political product that requires a binary opposite position to contend. A war over products! But products do not mediate truth, as their position -- the capitalist one, the one of the spectacle -- takes without question as true simply because it is. The consumption of a limited product yields a limited understanding. A limited understanding yields a limited view. Limits are impositions, and impositions collapse under scrutiny.

One may adopt the pretense that this is a war against whites in order to oppose deconstruction, but the truth is they don't want the truth. It's easier to consume, to default, rather than to question, to inquire, to know.

That being said there are some smart 'deconstructionists' (painted as such by the opposition) on here who are far more intellectually secure and consistent than anything I've seen from those who think deconstruction is ideological.

Deconstruction supports a Protestant Truth but since the Catholic church relies so much on fallible postlapsarian human culture to produce (or as a basis of) Truth, yes, it can't be reconciled.

Do you support the state and media because they construct you? Deconstruction is freedom. If you don't value freedom then that's fine too.

What if I actually do support the culture that constructs me, though? Also, what do you mean by "freedom"?

Yes. I don't think human existence is worth much without the state. The media at the moment is trying it's hardest to participate in this deconstruction.

This site isn't for social outcasts anymore.

shut up faggot