Itt: post a woman's review of a book you like and other anons guess what it is

itt: post a woman's review of a book you like and other anons guess what it is

Camus?

I almost thought it was The Stranger as well, but I don't remember Mersault calling people bitches all the time. I don't even think that word is said in the book.

Nausea?

Something Houellebecq?

I feel really bad for women.

I think it's the Stranger and the misogyny mostly refers to Raymond. He probably uses some rude words as well, not sure if it was 'bitch' though.

>I feel really bad for women.
I'm sure they're devastated

Raymond gets all of like, two scenes. Is this person actually writing a scathing review of The Stranger based on a minor character?

The blurb on the back mentions The Stranger, so you guys get half a point
You're warm
>I feel really bad for women.
Me too :(

They don't have the capacity for self-reflection, so they can't be. That's why I feel bad for them.

I couldn't get through this book. P------ writes a detailed and interesting setting, and a meandering narrator/main character.

But really, I think the same way about this as I do books like Emma-- As in, why do I care if rich idiots are sad about their affluent lifestyle that is free of any socio-economic or actual danger?

Oh, poor rich white middle-aged depressed man, who makes a lot of money, is breathlessly racist and sexist, and spends all his time manuvering to get his secretaries into bed.

Get a life.

This. We're simply better off without them.

Men post just as much anti-intellectual shit on goodreads. Or reddit, for that matter

I was thinking maybe women have a decent opinion on sexism in literature. I saw this thing on /gif/ of a black guy raping this white boi and it was awkward and uncomfortable.

Well yes she considers all male characters as one, or as the author's voice. The only difference Marie really has imo is that Meursault wants to fuck her and misses her in prison.

No, you're wrong, sweetheart.

Now let the men talk and scoot back to the kitchen, okay honey?

Finally someone says what we're all thinking.

Nobody is arguing with you. Most people, of both genders, post the most pseudo-intellectual shit on goodreads. Females are usually just a little more overt with their awful, pretentious opinions, and it's amusing.

Wow, can you not? This is honestly so sexist I'm sick of it.

This. This board has a sexism epidemic.

More like the world has a mouthy bitch epidemic

We're all still waiting on dessert, dear. If you want to discuss this some more, we can later after the guys have left.

Triggered, femshit? You're on Veeky Forums now, a place where rationality and logic reigns supreme and you're feelings won't make a difference to the redpilled views on women here.
So go cry to your fellow bluehaired fat inferior roastwhores who are controlled by emotions

Veeky Forums is more pseud desu
At least the woman in the OP isn't pretending to have understood

This-- it's lowering the board quality as a whole

Celine?

Oh, my god, you are literally spewing misogyny. I honestly cannot even begin to describe how many things are problematic about this situation right now. You do realize that women are literally being killed on the streets for holding the radical opinion that they're somehow equal to men? I don't know if your primitive caveman mind can understand this, but I'm actually more intelligent and more clever than you, and I probably get laid more than you do, too.
Btw you've been reported ;)

The only thing lowering the board quality is lefty/lit/ with their inability to handle jokes and different opinions. You guys always freak out when somebody says something that you don't agree with.

Women objectively stink worse out of their assholes than men's. Who built white civilization? Women only spreaded their disgusting legs with their mackarel reeking cunts

All great literature has been written by men

Are we supposed to ignore that for you, sweetie?

samefag

This is basic and you should know it, but there's a difference between differing opinions and a hostile climate that deliberately intimidates a certain demographic. I've been coming to lit for a few years and it's gotten noticeably worse lately, even in the past couple months

Literature - excuse me, "literature" - written by white men
LITERALLY
DOES
NOT
MATTER.
White men have some of the least valuable voices to add to any situation. "Ablublublu I'm depressed and my life is hard!" No it fucking isn't, you're literally living life on easy mode. Just shut the fuck up and maybe leave some space for someone with actual experiences to speak.

Most of the thread is the same guy.

Any time you see a phoneposter on Veeky Forums with broken English either posting misogyny or getting mad at misogyny, it's this guy.

Oh boy. Making fun of women's simplemindedness is just not sportsman like. They cant help it. Its like making fun of the special education kids who are just innocent and enthusiastic and understand nothing. Being superior means you should never need to mention it. Just being is victory enough.

That's not true because sometimes it's me

Please be a samefag

I don't THINK this is trolling, could be wrong, but this speech style is so antithetical to the idea of a "literature board" that its proliferation is destroying the board's purpose.Do you get it yet? There are already boards on Veeky Forums for men to circlejerk about how they invented everything and are superior. The OP becomes ironic when compared to the really anti-intellectual comments from presumably male anons on this thread

no, just shitposting in an already ruined thread

>
Is this Look Homeward Angel?

That is a problematic position. I am a white man and was raped by several men as a child and that experience has had lasting and detrimental effects on my life. My experience of victimization and violence does not count because I am a white male? Your opinion denies my voice or experience has any meaning because of my gender and my skin color. You are as bad as the people you think you are fighting for marginalizing me. Your generalizations have made you indistinguishable from your enemies. Not only do I have personal experience as the victim of sexual violence, I also have experience being marginalized and ignored for my gender and sex. All of this is impossible by your position. Thank you for confirming that I don't matter, and my rape is not as important as a women's or a person of colors experience. I almost got through a whole day without being told that I am not important because of my skin and gender.

I'm pretty sure this is Ulysses or some Joyce. I remember seeing this review somewhere

It's sad that you don't speak out against male sexual violence against children and male tendency toward pedophilia, which is what happened to you. Instead you're treading water afraid to condemn the white men who hurt u because you are one

[x] baited
[x] outsmarted

Wow, way to miss the point. First of all, no, you weren't raped. Rape is sexual advance + power. Maybe you were confused, or unsure of what was going on, but it is actually impossible for a white man, as the most privileged demographic on Earth, to be raped. Second of all, you just did the most stereotypically privileged thing EVER, which is inserting your voice into every single conversation about abuse. Did you not hear me? Your life is infinitely easier than literally anyone else's. Once again, shut the fuck up and make room for marginalized voices. This conversation really isn't about you, and I can't understand why you feel the need to constantly bring up your own little worries as if they're somehow comparable to the oppression that women and minorities suffer literally every day.

I get that you're trolling but child rape is fucked and childhood is a position of inherent subjectivity

bait

It's not, but I can see why you would think that. I actually thought that someone would guess Ulysses or portrait when I posted this. It's inspired by portrait anyways, so you'e not far off.

Yeah it's Look Homeward, Angel. I thought it was a little obvious due to the quotes at the end, but I figured that very few people on this board have even read the book.

ITT: feminists trolling feminists

First of all, no, you weren't raped. Rape is sexual advance + power.

We get it, you got fucked in the asshole