tutorial.math.lamar.edu/Classes/CalcII/CalcII.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>graduates in woman's studies

nothing personnel, patriarchy

here, equip this:
tutorial.math.lamar.edu/Classes/CalcII/CalcII.aspx

Cal II?
Are you even trying?

Why are you trying to learn calculus? Numerical differentiation made that obsolete a long time ago, you just need to implement the difference quotient (f(x+h) - f(x)) / h with h defined as some small number and then you don't have to bother with all the calculus bullshit, you can just point your program to an input of a function and get the corresponding answer for that input in the derivative function. And for backwards you just treat the distance between the xs and the distance between the f(x)s like the base and height of an upside down trapezoid and find the area (x * (f(0) + f(x))) / 2 (you can make it better by replacing 0 and x with different sub-sections of that total x length and then sum the answers together).

you sound like someone who just started numerical analysis. you will use calculus sometime in the future, guaranteed. even if you're in cs, you will use it.

the difference quotient isnt enough. there are higher accuracy numerical methods. also, a theoretical derivative is crucial in developing more complicated numerical tools.

besides, an analytical approach can bring you a long way. a good general approach to numerical problems is to go as far as possible with pen and paper, then apply a numerical algorithm.

>"Why learn calculus?"
>proceeds to write down the fundamental theorem of calculus in his own words as a substitution for calculus

You're trying too hard to be different m8

If that's all calculus is why do people take year long courses about it?
>higher accuracy
What are you working on, spaceships?

>>>reddit

Are you in high school or something? Here I assumed you had taken at least a year of calculus, but apparently you have no idea what it is aside from the most basic of rules. Understanding the most simplest of electric fields requires calculus, and by understanding, I don't mean how an electrician "understands" how to put two wires together. Go impress your algebra teacher with your basic understanding of infinitesimals and don't come back here.

>people keep memeing about calculus 2
>turns out it is high school stuff
Are Americans retarded?

yes

Start Calc II on Tuesday lads
Told myself I was gonna get a jump on it over break
Didn't lamo

same problem, i need to get myself motivated before i study during break.

Look up Michel Van Biezen and Professor Leonard on YouTube if you get stuck on anything. They have good calc 2 vids.

calculus isn't even hard.

then again nothing is hard if you apply yourself. muh iq etc are all excused for people who don't have the willpower or attention span to apply themselves (something that can be trained and conditioned like anything else).

don't be afraid of math op, it really makes sense if you actually study it

*unsheathes BC exam scores*
*teleports behind u*
heh...you never even stood a chance

i passed an algebra exam without knowing the quadratic formula.
you don't need to know math to pass a math class in burgerland

It's ez bro

I think the difficulty of calc 2 depends heavily on the professor.

I had to withdraw from calc 2 and take it again. Had a D+ or so when I withdrew. Got an A+ when I retook it with a different professor.

The hard professor, had a quiz on the previous material every class meeting. So if you had class Monday Wednesday, you basically had to have a good understanding of the material by the Wednesday quiz. The quiz problems always had a ‘trick’ in them, some clever substitution or algebraic manipulation.

The professor also assigned a shit to of homework. From Stewart’s 7th edition. Every section we had 1-77, odd, 101,103,105 or some variation of that. Even using the solution manual and straight copying took 45+ minutes(not that I did that).

Test problems were like the end problems from the book. Hard and tricky.

It was a depressing time. Most of the class dropped.

When I retook the class, no quizzes every day, quiz problems were easy, homework was fair, like 1-27 odd and such. Tests were like easy-medium problems from the book. A+. And no, not because I had the hard teacher first so I understood the material better. It was just easier.

did you go to school in california? I happen to have the same book.

Yes, but we moved to the 8th edition when I took it again. This was in 2015 though.

That post isn't even his fault, it's legitimately 100% the database manager's fault for not keeping up to date backups, and for not enabling proper permissions controls.

i would say it's 60/40. He couldn't follow basic instructions and the firm should've kept backups as a back up.

Man I took a calc2 class in community college like a year ago since I'm a brainlet, series tests were fucking cancer. Only Taylor seemed to have any actual use, but I guess we just never really got too in-depth with them.

*reads it all*

This

for some reason our uni brings down all the arrogant grad professors who feel the need to make calc2 as difficult as possible. every few semesters there will be a scheduling conflict so an easy professor teaches it

>trusting a junior software developer with something that could damage the whole company on his first day

Entirely their fault. Play stupid games get stupid prizes.

It was 99.99% not the developer's fault.
They:
A) Put credentials to the fucking production database in a help document for new hires (wtf?).
B) Didn't back any of their shit up.
C) Not only put credentials in that help document, but put credentials with greater permissions than read only, and again, for the production database somehow.
D) They also use Slack and apparently discuss sensitive information over it and also don't discontinue termed employee accounts as part of their termination process.
E) And why are they even doing new hire developer training through a help document in the first place? They can't possibly have that big of an IT department if their CTO is getting personally involved in shit like that and their DBAs are too retarded to back up their data or to keep elevated production credentials from showing up in a help document. I'm at a pretty big company with actual basic practices in place like backing up data and not working directly in production and we actually talk to our new developers and show them how things work. I can't imagine just throwing them a help document like they're some call center agent or something, that's retarded.

why would you bother with all that crap when you have such strict requirements for a function to be differentiable and the chain rule makes things so nice.

incredible.

>Professor assigned quizes to test our understanding
>Professor assigned homework to test our understanding
>Professor composed exams based on homework and quizzes to test understanding

Sounds like your professor did literally everything to help you succeed and you were just a lazy cunt.

45+ minute oh noooooooooo not a whole hour of homework EVERY SECTION

many engineering applications, including spaceships, require high accuracy numerical models. other examples include electrical system simulation experimental physical modeling.

Is it true that British A level (taken in our high schools) is equivalent to the first year of university in America? Is that why I seem to know more than most people here

How should I know I'm Finnish

someone didn't read carefully

I skipped calc II, get on my level brainlets

if you know a concept and you can apply it, then you've learned what you needed to

calc I teaches you the concepts and the applications, calc II (at least up until sequences and series) just gives you more tools to use when applying
it does not take 45+ minutes per class to understand the material, and a ton of homework from each section isn't going to do any wonders for you
there's nothing to be gained by being constantly on guard for some clever technique for these problems, the goal is to learn the basic techniques, not to be aware of every single integration technique
you simply do not need to know how to integrate horrible functions like sqrt(tan(x)) for you to be able to succeed in any field

i'm not saying that homework is unnecessary, i'm saying that the professor took unnecessary measures which did nothing but give him more to grade and waste the students time

Calc 2 was ez, enjoyable and cool - who doesnt like learning about infinite series n shit?

Calc 3 was pure fucking suffering as I suck at spatial/3D thinking

>he had difficulty with a calculus course at any point in time

people who say they have problems with calculus, don't really have problems with calculus. they have problems with algebra and trig. guarantee that if you are struggling in calc2 you are that guy who blew through your algebra and trig course and did the bare minimum required to pass with (what you consider to be) a decent grade instead of actually mastering the material. calc professors expect you to know all that old shit like the back of your hand but you show up asking "where'd that go?"

>just gimme the bare minimum pls
wrong board, fuck off

yeah because that's what i said
get fucked mate

it is. you don't know jack shit about what the homework was like, and your imagination of what a tougher class might be like is "let's teach the same techniques for clever clusterfuck problems xd". this is probably because you don't give a fuck about math, and didn't go beyond trivial shit. there's a lot of potential in calculus to introduce some serious notions of interest

I liked the idea of series, but having to memorize the tests was annoying. Hopefully they come back in later courses so I don't feel like I wanted my time on something I could just keep as a reference sheet.

analytic functions are important in complex analysis, they are functions defined by power series

our calc exams (3 of them) consisted of

1st exam: techniques of integration, volumes of revolution (Fucked many people)

2nd exam: conic sections and their integrals/derivatives (tough one, very easy to fuckup due to how long the cos sin expansion becomes..)

3rd exam: one I did best on, series and methods of finding power series and convergence etc, I made sure I memorized EVERY Technique to find if it diverges or converges (many sweaty nights)

final 90%