This is Ceres

This is Ceres.
Daily reminder that it has a subsurface ocean, and is spattered with organic materiald across its surface.

Europa, Enceledas, Titan, and Mars are memes. Ceres is the best candidate for life.

Second best.

We have one candidate that we know harbors life.

what if we find some alien bacteria, so what? wait 3 billion years until they spawn a civilization?

What else is ethically acceptable? Kill it to make room for factories?

You think the Chinese will care?

>Daily reminder that it has a subsurface ocean
Has that been verified?

Create bioweapon from them.

Not if we pay them enough

As of this past October, one Dawn project scientist was saying
>"More and more, we are learning that Ceres is a complex, dynamic world that may have hosted a lot of liquid water in the past, and may still have some underground,"
So it's still a hypothesis.

Why won't they?

>what if we find some alien bacteria,

Could be interesting.

study it and get a better understanding of the universe, specifically life and ourselves. dumb cunt, reality isn't sci-fi retardation.

but its an advanced bacteria that will absorb human and other biomass and open the wormholes, didnt you read the books or watched the tv show, ffs

One of the most corrupt countries in the entire world will not care much about international agreements, especially when they can earn trillions by breaking the rules.

Believing otherwise is just naive.

how the fuck would ceres have subsurface oceans
it's too small to have heat from pressure, as well as lacking any body near it for tidal heating

It could have had a radioactive core, providing heat by decay.

yeah but Europa has cool lines on it

Even if that was true, Enceledas would still be the best candidate because its heated inside allowing for complex chemistry.

""""""""""""life""""""""""""""

Creationists btfo

(realistically they'd just claim God made the bacteria and nothing would change)

Ceres is cute

This.

I can't wait for the day humanity is finally free of religion.

I'm doing my part everyday in combating this menace by educating friends and family and I believe the time is near.

>Free from religion
Unfortunately will never happen. It's easy to put your problems and the world's problems on the shoulders of something more, greater, superior, etc.

as long as any people still have the capability of thinking abstractly there will be belief in god

>this shit again
Religion is the reason humanity has reached the heights it did, because of the unity and purpose it gave the people that embraced it
were it not for that bonding force, we'd still be chimping about in the bronze age, doing fuck all
t. full atheist

take your fedora bullshit somewhere else you filthy fucking redditor

Earth isn't a "candidate" because we know it has life for certain.

Ironically, this Jordan Peterson drivel is the new fedora bullshit.

It's not fully differentiated, so it's probably all water-ice stuck in the gaps and pores of whatever rock that makes up the planet. Hell, if Ceres is even remotely differentiated, it would still all be water-ice. The place doesn't generate significant amounts of heat from any of the data we've collected on it.

No. The all "i hate relijen i really want it to die fkig stupid ppl" is much worse and extremely immature

Without religion the industrial revolution would have started at least 2000 yeast ago.

I think you've mistaken the location, this isn't your local church.

>he supports the industrial revolution
Jesus fuck it's like you haven't read Ted Kaczynski's manifesto. Read it and then tell me how great the revolution was for humanity.

>It's not fully differentiated
OK but does that really matter in terms of emitted heat?

Peterson is literally a presuppositionalist you moron.
>hurr its retarded and autistic so its fedora durr

ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS HERE

That's Europa you tard, OP's pic is Ceres.

>Just memes
Yeah I'm sure Ceres gets a lot of tidal heating out in the kuiper belt by itself.

Atheist reporting in. Religion isn't bad, who cares if people believe alien bacteria came from God. Hell, that'd be a beautiful thing to believe imo

Ceres is in the asteroid belt you cretin.

See, the aliens cannot navigate even if their lives depended on it. That is why they crashed in Roswell. They were looking for the wrong Europa.

>Ceres
>kuiper belt

I'm going to assume that you tried to be sarcastic instead of trying to be smug and showed your stupidity.

by spinning the planet real fast you could make those 3 billion years turn into a mere 45 minutes, thanks to relativity ;)

Are you sure?

Go away Lucifer

The amount of energy required to accomplish such a feat is incomprehensible!

This is my favorite brainlet wojak. He looks so silly lol, like Sid the sloth!

No, I'm actually just retarded.

7/10

That isn't true at all without the Catholic church the knowledge of Rome would have been lost as the brainlet German barbarians burned everything in their site to the ground.

The industrial revolution happened when it did for reasons that had little to do with religion and everything to do with economics.

>inb4 muh chinese industrialization