ITT books that deserve to be burned and WHY

Ulysses

My diary desu

why is this meme pic so popular
the only good part was that i found his descriptions of some of the characters evocative
its LITERALLY the pinnacle of everything wrong with the dystopian genre
>character gives multiple page monologue directly expressing the author's views and motivations for writing the novel
>everyone gets nuked at the end for their sins and the enlightened protagonist and the outcast "book-lovers" optimistically discuss how they will rebuild society wink wink hint hint

From a design standpoint, that book is fucking fantastic.

It had some nice symbolism though. Still better and more enjoyable read than BNW

IDK if there is any book of at least some level of higher literature that deserves burning. Most YA adult and shit like 50 shades of grey on the other hand is worthless garbage

My diary and me with it.

Hey, that's my book! Copyright claim!

None. Fuck off.

atlas shrugged......it gives middle class, white, american males false ideas of grandeur .... and the prose is bad

>ITT books that deserve to be burned
Anything by Joyce for being so overrated.

Anything by Marx, he's just a demystified Hegel for retards too stupid to read Hegel but seriously Marx.

The premise could have been interesting, but I agree, the prose was terribly executed. Parts of Atlas Shrugged read like those terrible romance novels with cowboys on the cover.

I honestly felt Bioshock: Rapture by John Shirley was a much better written book exploring the same ideas, of course.

Literally none. Fuck you.

You can also throw anybody who thinks it has any merit on the pile as well.

> and WHY

Can't even finish a single sentence. I can see why you wouldn't like long books.

>/pol/ thinks communism is a broken philosophy can't work
>thinks capitalism is an expression of human nature
>still gets super triggered over something that's "obviously wrong"

Really revs up my fryers

E D G Y
D
G
Y

More like they get mad at people pushing it at them.

>triggered

>/pol/ thinks communism is a broken philosophy can't work

Not quite. Everyone knows that communism has the capacity to work, however everyone prefers capitalism because it more closely reflects the values of western, liberal society.

Neither is bad in theory, but one works a whole lot better than the other in practice.

Finnegans Wake, Gravity's Rainbow, and Infinite Jest because they represent the apex of Literary formalism.

>disliking greasy fedoramaster books is edgy

Ya know just putting some words on a picture doesn't make something true.

I went to a communist meeting once when I was in college for the hell of it, and it was all chubby faggots with Gramsci bulging from their cargo shorts

Any work of 20th century philosophy from non English speaking country and those from the US.

>mad
>at the greatest country in history