> fag
> Why the homophobia?

The comment featuring -1/12 is twaddle.

1+0+0+0...

shut up queer

infinite sum
sum of infinite
the fuck's the difference?

in literally either case you still only have an 'indexed' portion of infinity. You can 'summarize' something without it being a 'summation'.

Fucking mathlets. Learn better talky-talky.

> i jerk off to cartoons
> believe me

>real numbers
>more than half are immeasurable

Just pick up a book on real analysis or general topology and everything will become clear again

0.3+0.03+0.003+...=-1/12

The concept of infinite summation by itself is stupid.
1. You cannot do infinite work to validate it.
2. This requires summarizing the work through goofy concatenation
3. The infinite property in the implemented concatenation still implies whatever "result" would and should only come at a future point in time that is never "now" or the moment you require an answer, invalidating it's usefulness
4. Numbers afflicted with infinite repetition actuall have null values, as there are many different ways to infinitely sum repeating decimal results, yet at different rates where partial sums always compare greater than or less than, yet paradoxically converge to the same value
5. Because of the concepts of work rate or time attributed to infinity being completely excluded from infinite sums, no valid or easier answer can ever be resolved from applied infinite summation.

Throw it all out.

Anyone who says [math]\sum_{n=1}^{\infty}\frac{1}{2^n} = \sum_{n=1}^{\infty}\frac{9}{10^n} = \sum_{n=1}^{\infty}\frac{x}{(x+1)^n} = 0.\overline{9} = 1[/math] without any irony, without any intelligence to figure better is utterly, unsalvageably retarded. We could have had anti-gravity by now if senseless infinite summation was never adopted as defacto. It is nothing but a crippling handicap.

it's just short hand for the limit of the kth partial sum as k increases without bound

(you)

>arguing from "muh feels" instead of attacking the actual proofs
BRAINLET ALERT

No. You're thinking of finite, limited summation. Infinite sums do not return a specific number limit where convergence occurs.
This is why applied infinite summation of x/(x+1)^n always returns 0.999... and only 0.999... ~ 1 without any indication of where or when it is supposed to convergence. For every test of n, for any partial sum, 1/2^n < 9/10^n. This is a fact. Yet when n=infinity, somehow, for some reason, 1/2^n = 9/10^n. This is beyond fucking useless. It is an obviously flawed result acquired from obviously flawed math.

Throw
It
Out

Infinity is not a number.

disgusting waste of triple 420 dubs

In an infinite sum of [math]A=\sum_{n=1}^{n\rightarrow\infty} \frac{9}{10^n}[/math], there are INFINITE PARTIAL SUMS that define it less than 1. Compared to [math]B=\sum_{n=1}^{\infty}\frac{10}{11^n}[/math], there are INFINITE TESTS OF ANY EQUAL N that define A

you're such an idiot lmao

*and
Ftfy

>infinity is a number

shitlatexman is back again it seems
and the math is the same shit

>[math]\frac{5}{9} > \frac{5}{10}[/math]

>[math]\sum_{n=1}^{\infty} \frac{5}{9^n} < \sum_{n=1}^{\infty} \frac{5}{10^n}[/math]

Oh wow lmao. Infinite sums get broken by unreduced fractions. 5/10^n = 0.5555... but 1/2^n = 0.9999...

Wowee what a surprise. A retard function produces retard results.

Howdy fuckin doo and a yoohoo to you too.

>1/2^n = 5/10^n
ignore the bait

I think the second is < as well...

5/9 > 1/2
5/9^n < 1/2^n

>infinite sums are invalid
>sigma sums are invalid
>exponents are invalid
>math majors are invalid
>can do nothing but teach math or do homework for money
>tfw its actually just pmdas
>tfw higher math is invalidated by introductory math
>tfw wasted my life crunching useless numbers for asinine questions that never produced a realworld result
>tfw still a virgin

>0.625 < 0.555...
brainlet

Math extends beyond this universe, get your brainlet heads out of your asses. This universe is not the be all end all, logic supersedes empiricism and Plato was right. Dumb fucking empiricists.

Math is confined to boolean(addition, subtraction, division) and increment(multiplication) operations. These are 2 dimensions. You havent even figured out 3 dimensional math yet, let alone 4 dimensional math that describes this world.

If there exists any math to prove your theory true, it paradoxically does not yet exist.

You have nobody to blame but yourself.

>what is triple integral

Reliant on pemdas, which are (1)boolean and (2)increment.

>uses Mad Libs to make arguments

You need more standard operators to do universal math beyond boolean and increment.

t. soboy

logic is flawed. it makes assumptions like the law of excluded middle, which does not hold in intuitionistic logic because de morgans law was proven to fail in it.

[eqn]\sum_{n=1}^{\infty} {n} = \infty[/eqn]

if 0.999...

delet

this thread

Infinity isn't a real number. There are other systems like the hyperreals where infinities can be added together and exponentiated in intuitive ways.

Is there a proof showing infinity isn't in the reals? Or that the reals exclude infinity?

wtf this doesn't make any sense

It's either a finite sum or infinite cum. Do mathematicians just want to count ALL of their sperm individually?

You guys are fucking weird.

Reals exclude infinity by definition

>-1/12
Anybody else thinking numberpedo?

Huge difference. An infinite sum of finite positive integers can be rewritten as an infinite sum of finite positive integers, plus a finite constant. A sum (finite or not) of infinite terms cannot. Moreover, it cannot be said that a sum of infinite terms of arbitrary signness converges, but for infinite sums of finite terms of arbitrary signness, analysis is always possible.

>infinite sun

t. wildberger
t. wildberger

I stopped caring about math when I was introduced to the concept of infinite sums. What a crock of shit. If your equation can only be solved by inventing sums that can't exist, like some kind of math deity , then you are fucking wrong and the math is flawed. Same for algebra solutions that basically say "the correct answer is whatever the correct answer is". Thats what the math said transcribed to words but god forbid if i wrote in down in english instead of the ancient math runes the teacher word mark me wrong.

Math is logical and numbers never lie my ass. Math is just as flawed as any other human construct.

>An infinite sum of finite positive integers can be rewritten as an infinite sum

Okay, so you just get off on rewriting the same symbols over and over on a sheet of paper. K.

Who tells you what new symbols mean what?

Here's an infinite sum: +1