The genetics of intelligence

nature.com/articles/nrg.2017.104
Scientists are finally figuring out which specific genes code for intelligence. What are the implications of this? Will we be able to genetically determine the intelligence of different populations/individuals? Will we be able to use this to engineer smarter people?

Other urls found in this thread:

ufile.io/c3h12
theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/04/black-students-teachers-implicit-racial-bias-preschool-study
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24032721
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/a2d7/85edd7aa61b7ba51355053cc61d8b924fe35.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16867211
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Will we be able to use this to engineer smarter people?
>be able to
we can do that now with selective breeding
>Will we
probably not, for the same reason we don't do it now by selective breeding

>statistics
not a science

Same thing as when they said they had a way to stimulate your brain to learn better. It never was herd from again. Intelligence isn't born its earned

Yes, because choosing to raise someone else's son (not to mention being denied the opportunity to procreate) and simply taking the best of your own genes for your own son/daughter is the same...

>Will we be able to genetically determine the intelligence of different populations/individuals?
yes
>Will we be able to use this to engineer smarter people?
yes

>What are the implications of this?
A lot of butthurt /pol/tards. After scientists determine that the intelligence are more present in Asian and African people /pol/ is going to go fucking ballistic. The levels of science-denying that they will achieve will break world records. The Olympic sport of science-denying and will be founded and hundreds of gold medals will be won in north america and europe. The new industry of white people salt-mining will boom, with stock values sky-rocketing immediately.

Is this bait?

This is objectively false. If it was true then you could teach a monkey to build an engine.

No, it isn't.
Read this and never open or type your retarded thoughts ever again:
>ufile.io/c3h12

>Looks at objective progress thus far, finds none in Sub-Saharan Africa that hasn't been built or gifted by East Asia, or Europeans.
Mhm, interesting.

Guns, Germs, and Steel. Europeans had an environmental advantage that allowed their tech tree to evolve much faster. They did not win wars with wit, they won by using guns against spears.

Now because of globalization technology has reached the entire world. When tech-trees have been equalized, the incompetence of whites will shine.

>never type
He is literally the same as those who keep pushing for the iq meme though.

Literraly one of the hardest areas of mathematics.

you get out

Ackchually Euros won most of their wars because they took advanttage of fractured nations. Kind of like if Aliens showed up and played off the Iranians against the USA. There wasn't much difference in tech between the British and the Mughals, the British just happened to turn up right when they had their worst ever emperor (Aurangzeb). This is why they had to wait a little longer to defeat China, the Qing Empire was powerful well into the 1800s.

In Africa believe it or not the Europeans were incapable of defeating the African kingdoms until the 1800s. Yes partly because of germs but the main reason was that armoured cavalry was still a force to be reckoned with until the 1700s and Africa had that. They also did have some guns. For example Kongo beat the Portuguese a few times, So did whatever kingdom was in Zimbabwe, forgot it's name. That's basically why Zimbabwe doesnt speak Portuguese despite being sandwiched between Mozambique and Angola. Rozwi Empire I think it was, they defeated Portuguese invasions in the 1600s.

Even the Aztecs and Incas the Spanish basically won because they turned up at the right time. Aztecs were hated by basically everyone else in Mesoamerica who quickly allied with the Spanish and there was a civil war going on in the Inca empire.

The reality is that until 1500 Europe basically had no edge over most of the world, 1500 - 1800 it was a moderate edge, if they went all out in a mass invasion of Africa or China they would have won but they didn't have the reason or resources for this, after 1800 it became totally one sided and that's when Europeans started to get an inflated head with their theories of "racial supremacy"

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics

>Guns, Germs, and Steel.
literal memebook

>inca
You got it wrong.

The civil war started due to disease spread. The inca king had died due to smallpox and his sons and hier prince too.

Most native population was wiped out due to disease.

Just as a way to measure disease consequences, europe lost 40% of its population thanks to the bubonic plague.

Meanwhile America received more than 20+ non-immunized diseases (bubonic plague too). There is a completely relevant component that changes the narrative of colonization.

Most battles against the "spanish" side (even though spanish didn't fight) were won by the incas. The ammount of confirmed lies the chronicles from the conquistadors have is overwhelming. It shouldn't be taken as a historical fact these writings if they have been demonstrated to be erroneous on purpose, until there is solid evidence to back them up.

>What are the implications of this?

For the large majority, very little. By the time genetic engineering for intelligence hits the mass market A.I. and quantum will pretty curb stomp any benefits gained from it.

It will become a novel meme for k-12 institutions and PISA dick measurements. But the moment you hit institutions of higher learning Professors will straight up tell you to drop that crap and let the A.I. and quantum computers do 90% of the work for you since you can't genetically engineer your brain to work 24/7 and run billion of calculations at the same time.

If you want a taste of the future look no furthur then the bitcoin/cryptocurrency scene. Where it's effectively noting but a dog and pony show with computer parts and social media.

>After scientists determine that the intelligence are more present in
Intelligence are more not present with you.

rtehe

>After scientists determine that the intelligence are more present in Asian and African people
>african people
>african """people"""
Holy shit imagine being this delusional.

>african culture literally overwhelming others'
>african individual's presence nowadays seem "better" than white people
Call me when you deal with reality.ñ

Funny, have you read it? It doesn't say anything about brain development, only the mechanisms of intelligence in a given brain.

You're supposed to sympathize with the apes in that movie.

>After scientists determine that the intelligence are more present in Asian and African people /pol/ is going to go fucking ballistic.
>and african people

but that's not going to happen outside of you day dreams and fantasies.

in terms of natural average IQ
ashkenazi jews > east asians > europeans > subsaharan africans > aboriginals.

those not mentioned are somewhere between europeans and subsaharan africans.

can you deal with the reality that the mean IQ of people of subsaharan african ancestry in America is 10 IQ points below white people and blacks are on the bottom of the socio-economic ladder of any country they move to?

You're poor, stupid, unsuccessful and even the few blacks smart enough to meet the lower standards set for them by college entrance officers disproportionately study soft subjects and avoid studying mathematics or engineering or physics or computer science or chemistry or biology in college.

>iq pseudoscience
Hmm?
>bottom
I see lots of African people completely dominating in every kind of cultural field. Millions replacing whites from other countries.

The results are evident. African people "seem" better than whites. It's not just me, though. You literally see the implications in every kind of topic and population and African man has touched. The consequences of the African influence is overwhelming.

too intelligent for intelligence here.
wisdom is far better than intelligence, family and community bonds are vectors for wisdom. This is why ecological aliens in "devolpd communities are complete fuckiing retards despite higher rates of verbal literacy and better reasoning ability. It doesnt matter how intelligent you are if you dont understand the world around you. This is why "indigenous" communities are so much better than alienated humans living in consumer cultures with no semblance of community structure. Community in the social sense but more thoroughly encompassed in the full ecological sense of community.

>Iq pseudoscience

Ok. take two groups of 1000 people, one group of people which scored 80 on a stanford-binet Iq test, one group which scored 130 on a stanford-binet IQ test.

which group which do you expect will make better doctors, engineers, lawyers, professors, scientists, actuaries, bankers, CEOs, etc. ?

Obviously the group whose IQs were 130.
So no, obviously IQ is not meaningless, it is a decent predictor of potential.
And black people's IQs are 10 points below white people's on average.

>I see
then why is it that black household income is so much lower than white household income? You guys are doing so successfully right? You guys are dominating right? surely it couldn't be that infact in most lucrative and prestigious fields of employment you people are under-represented and typically unable to compete and succeed and rise to the top of industry, hence why you people are so poor on average? Nah that couldn't be.

you need to study history my friend, if you are talking about the US you need to go back to life on the plantation, and continue up through the generations of missing fathers and destroyed communities, up into the Clinton era and today all a product of heavy legal oppression and products of the slave trade now ingrained in tradition. here is a good talk, i vouch for its scholarly quality and i hope you dont let your pet dogma keep you from watching with an open mind. Remember to research before you dismiss a claim that is politically charged for you.
i have no interest in debating intelligence with you, juat know Charles murray is a hack

Well, this could get shaky depending on how we handle it. But, I guess that's always the story with scientific progress.

Although genes are a strong indicator for some traits, it's not always the full story. If we use this information to judge individuals before hearing their qualifications, or fail to consider how they might have specific gene expression patterns that actually make them smarter (on average) than regular people with the same genes, we risk doing ourselves harm by keeping effective workers out of some fields. A bad employment setup revolving around what genetics you have could lead to oppression.

I think the better side of this is 1) we can consider ways of treating people with disorders that lead to stunted intelligence, by identifying where and why low-performers end up the way we do, and 2) we can potentially engineer smarter people, like you say. But, I think we'll way sooner do number 1, because I think 2 will take a lot of research to fully understand, which will be necessary when you're making decisions about another person's life like that.

>keeps pushing for iq pseudoscience
>income
I literally see how the white population percentage of USA is decreasing while non-white population is increasing. The same situation is happening in europe.

This is so evident, african people are seen as higher "beings" of people. You really have to go out of your basement. You have to witness reality with your own eyes.

>the "black people were treated unfairly generations ago so are still catching up " argument
there are other examples in recent history of groups being explicitly denied and prevented from having equal educational and employment opportunities, for example women and jews in the late 18th and early 20th century.

However what we see is that when a group has an actual barrier explicitly forbidding them from becoming educated or joining a profession , then when that barrier is lifted they quickly reach equilibrium with their aptitude. Jews very quickly found greater-than-equal representation in academia and prestigious fields of employment. Women quickly found equal representation in fields like medicine, biology and law.

On the other hand blacks have had the barriers forbidding them from becoming educated removed for just as long as women yet have not found equal representation in any academic field or intellectually demanding field of employment.

which is what we would expect when we realise that unlike women or jews, their average IQ is 90.

If Iq is pseudoscience then why don't you debunk the thought experiment I provided?
>Ok. take two groups of 1000 people, one group of people which scored 80 on a stanford-binet Iq test, one group which scored 130 on a stanford-binet IQ test.

>which group which do you expect will make better doctors, engineers, lawyers, professors, scientists, actuaries, bankers, CEOs, etc. ?

>Obviously the group whose IQs were 130.
>So no, obviously IQ is not meaningless, it is a decent predictor of potential.
>And black people's IQs are 10 points below white people's on average.

They're treated unfairly til this day buddy. Check some statistics sometime. With some controlled confounders. Very accurate and reliable.

show me how they are provided with a worse education or restricted from accessing education compared with other races in the USA.

Now explain why native africans created shitholes from once first world african colonies.

One article I recall of the top of my head below. I'll have to do some Googling for data on how minority schools get shafted in both funding and teacher quality though.

theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/04/black-students-teachers-implicit-racial-bias-preschool-study

The article is just straight up reporting from the study. You can find the study yourself, but the article is a good summary.

Funding doesnt matter, the existence of smart kids from african shitholes prove this. I cant believe this you are a board that emphasizes how intellect is genetic and you pull this nonsense that africans dont so bad in school because they arent stupid. They are fucking stupid end of story, half the US black population would never pass the sevenths grade were it for affirmative action that allows negros that fail class to still get into higher grades.

For you

Perfect brainlet mantra

>you pull this nonsense that africans dont so bad in school because they arent stupid. They are fucking stupid end of story
Ackchually Africans are one of the highest performers in British schools after Asians. On average white kids perform the worst here shortly followed by Caribbeans.

ALL BLACK PEOPLE AREN'T AFRICAN-AMERICANS

Oppression. Same as all differences between men and women, and all other differences between all races. IQ differences between individuals of the same race are also caused by oppression.

There is one cause for everything.

Did... did you just... No, can't be...

Did you just correlate the fact that blacks spew out kids like they've never heard the words condom/contraceptive or financial planning to racial superiority?

I highly suspected you were baiting from your very first post but this sealed the deal.

The Chinese are doing it right now because they aren't hamstrung by luddites.

>still missing 50-80% of heritability for intelligence
we've found the biggest effect genes and we're barley scratched the surface. intelligence is so polygenic that it would take a herculean effort to intentionally start modifying genes for practical results

Would you like to place a large monetary bet on that?

>they are dominating because of x
More excuses, I see...Every side has its own problems. The result is that African people are overwhelming every single culture. That's why nowadays they "seem" better than white people.

Sorry, friend. The fun is over. Bait established and discussion closed. Buh bye now.

>I see lots of African people completely dominating in every kind of cultural field

You see a media that feeds you lies and you're incapable of realizing you're deep into a world predicted by Orwell.

Uni town dwellers don't realize the bubble they live in.

>Oh sure i met lots of black people! The top 1% of a whole continent send all their kids to this institution! Now let me tell you about stereotypes...

Much bayesian. Very frequency.

The Affirmative Action is pure racial oppression at this point in the United Cuckdom.

>I literally see how the white population percentage of USA is decreasing while non-white population is increasing.
>This is so evident, african people are seen as higher "beings" of people

Africans aren't increasing as a % of US population.

Your head is so far up your own ass you mistake your stomach acid dissolving your brain for thought.

I'm not the guy you replied to but I'd say we're living in more of a combined version of 1984 and Brave New World. Just enough of both to keep the world placated and scared enough to stay passive.

I was actually going to include Huxley, but since my point was more about the media promoting outright lies as reality which is much more the focus of 1984 than it is in BNW I decided just to focus on Orwell.

So you don't have anything to say?

It's fun watching you pseudoscience lovers chimp out at any hint of african people.

I was talking about secondary school, what you call "high school". These are local blacks. Here we don't just have a singular "black" category we have "African" and "Caribbean" categories.
There is no affirmative action in the UK, at least not on the level of the USA. Even if there was then the Caribbean kids would also be doing good but they're not. One group of blacks doing better than the other kind of kills the the theory that performance is all based on race because they are...well... both black.

I also fucking love science!!!

>One group of blacks doing better than the other kind of kills the the theory that performance is all based on race because they are...well... both black.

Your critical thinking skills are minimum.

>Blacks have had barriers preventing them removed
Mostly legal ones, which are not the ground of most problems the struggle continues and evolves. Like I said I have no interest in having a debate with someone incapable of engaging in an informed dialogue about the subject. Which is why I politely informed you of my unwillingness. Like I said l, I recommend you to study, I've even went so far as to give you a TLDR video as a jumping off point if you are lazy.
I have no intellectual empathy for someone who doesn't even realize they are too ignorant to form an argument well reasoned from facts. You are someone like that. As evidenced by your arguments formed by grasping at vague ideas of race, completely lacking a concrete grounding. That is nothing to reason with.
Notice how this post is not an argument, neither was my first. do not reply to this post with another one of your childish arguments. My intent is to disparage you, to say, "fuck off kid" with rigor. Any further solicitation from you will be met with an image of someone with a very small brain.

I've done some hobby scholarship and have studied the (social) ecology and geopolitical history of much of Africa. Mostly the effects of international trade, military and economic intervention. I've done much studying of traditional life of indeginous communities and can say the communities that emerged in Africa do a great job and are far from shitholes, at least when their land and livelihoods aren't stolen or they aren't being shot.
Tell me about wtf you are talking about and I will tell you all about the coups, economic hit jobs, astroturfed civil wars, corporate bandits, and self severing bureaucracies.
Just give me a concrete example of what you view as native Africans creating a shithole, that's all I need. Your current claim is nonsensical.
Where? Liberia? Nigeria? The DRC? Zimbabwe? What about it?
Also let me inform you that Africa is dominated by the international empire now more than ever. ffs the Congo civil war was funded by these electronics we are using to communicate, the vast majority of foreign aid goes into the pockets of kleptocrats like Robert mogave(remember that racist /pol/ image of that guy? LOL) guns, oil platforms, ect

nice non argument.

Lewontin's fallacy is eternal it seems. Variation *within* an aggregate group in now way precludes aggregate variations *between* groups.

Rate, ratio; these are your watch words my mementically infected friend.

>Mostly legal ones, which are not the ground of most problems the struggle continues and evolves.

Once women and jews both had the legal barriers removed they still faced the "soft barriers" you are alluding to yet they still found equal representation in presitigious fields within a matter of decades because it was a simple fact that they were as capable as the white men already in those fields

However blacks have not. This is not because low expectations or assumed mental inferiority are something blacks alone have faced , a unique challenge presented to them by history that no one else has faced. It's because unlike jews or women they actually are far less. mentally capable on average.
>I've even went so far as to give you a TLDR video as a jumping off point if you are lazy.
You never posted a video. You just said "Here is a video" and never posted any url.
>I can't be bothered to debate u
yes of course you can't , because you're an intellectual weakling who can't justify any of your stances and has to rely on them being accepted as social dogma through repetition. That's why your best strategy isn't to try and demonstrate that you're correct and that there is good evidence of black people being the intellectual equals of white people on average and that the evidence of black people having lower average IQ is bogus, which you're incapable of doing, but instead try to lazily create a tone of authority and just repeat your stances even when they've been refuted.

There are no implications. Things will remain the same. Genetic does not biological determinism.

It's impossible for genetics to be a huge factor in differences between populations because of how low human genetic diversity is, how related we all are to each other, and how highly polygenic intelligence is.

"lewontins fallacy" is not a real thing. The person that made the paper tried to say race was real in spite of lewontin's findings, not that lewontin's findings were wrong. That person was also wrong and provided no genetic definition of race himself. Now it's just a buzzword you morons use because you refuse to learn genetics and can't handle the reality of human genetics.

It's smarter to be lucky than it's lucky to be smart

Variation within groups does not preclude variation between groups.

Exercise your atrophied and vestigial critical thinking skills.

Sure, but 85% of variation is found within groups and only 15% between them. That means the large majority of genetic is shared by all populations.

Forget it user, it's already evident that this thread was nothing more than /pol/ bait and had no room for serious discussion.

Alex Jones must be paying these guys to raid our board!

You're pulling figures out of your ass.

Further more, any arguments based on thinkums like 'x and y share zz% genes in common or are Q% different' are inherently questionable, because even the *slightest* changes in the right places can have dramatic effects.

You know various species of humans and chimpanzee species are only '1%' different after all. Heck, you're 50% banana user.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24032721

this argument is largely pointless

Yes, there are dumb bias people who refuse to believe it. It's pretty much settled though and genetic engineering / eugenics is inevitable.

>genetic variation

As expected; small changes, big effects.

It doesn't work that way.

The point of saying we're only 1% different from a chimp is to show that we have similar paths of evolution.

It's the flaw of using individual units instead of genetic pools. The genetic pool for a population is different than the individual result of a combination selected from said pool of genes.

It expressly works that way. Even the slightest changes in the right places of a code can have dramatic effects.

If you care so much about genetics, why don't you educate yourself on that subject?

genetic code is redundant so there's not many places like that
if you alter or stop the expression or requlatory genes yes
insertions really mess things up

>85% of variation is found within groups and only 15% between them.

what reason is there to assume that this is true for all traits?

particular phenotypic trait like hooded eyes , negroid nose vs caucasoid nose, eye colour are clearly concentrated very much to different races , so are certain genetic diseases. why wouldn't other genes be concentrated to certain races, possibly ones involved in intelligence?

Any proof at all on the African people being more intelligent claim? Because there are many studies that conclude the exact opposite.

>it doesn't work that way.

yes it does. what part of
>small changes, big effects
is wrong?

he clearly is more educated than you since you seem to think that a single SNPs can't have much impact on the protein's function or expression.

Nope, theres just a bunch of anons on here who are so obsessed with shitting on blacks that they have inadvertently allowed blacks to cuck their mental agency and day to day discussions on general topics.

It is akin to that web comic with the KKK member pointing out how try-hard/ autistic another member is for just only talking about how he hate blacks all the time with no room for anything else.

Im curious about a lot of things, and enjoy learning how they work, and how they might work better.

What i find curious (in a bad way) though is why some people spend so much mental effort concocting ingenious sophisms to convince themselves that their eyes are lying too them. Inventing the most farcial, overwrought, nigh fairy-tail-like theoretical edifices possible in questionable and misguided attempts to explain away the evident differences in peoples achievements and ability to achieve; in stead of much more elegant, economical, efficient thoughts that maybe the evidential fact of differences appearing everywhere forever for all history wherever different people go indicates that maybe there is somethings slightly more essential, *personal*, that would explicate the context-invariance.

The majority of mutations are silent,

It's painfully obviously you hoard of morons don't even have the information to pass intro genetics.

So you're saying all textbook knowledge on human genetics is a big lie and only you, on Veeky Forums, is smart enough to know "the truth"

Remind me the last time women and Jews fell victim to mass incarceration for petty crimes and ghettoization in America.
>Soft barriers
This is what I mean when I say your arguments are based on vague ideas. Your entire line of "reasoning" is based on circumstantial evidence abstracted from vague bullshit. Women and Jews were never legally beasts of burden, tens of thousands of people have never Marched to maintain racial hegemony over Jews, there were never riots were men beat women to death in the streets for being women, Lynch mobs and the drug wars never terrorized Jewish communities, ffs American and British white Christians have always been the most extreme zionists and even bomb a bunch of brown people so the Jews can have their motherland.
Your argument is fucking retarded and so are you, now fuck off.
The rest of your post is tldr, I already broke my promise

Im saying your appeals to authority will not avail you here. Further more, the point in fact is that varying levels of ignorance concerning a phenomena does not communicate the unreality of phenomena, and more pertinently, is not responsive to the needs of *pragmatic, empirical* accounting for phenomena; an car mechanic might well be *improved* if he is the sort of man who gets a degree in quantum thermo-dynamics, but he doesn't *need* to know it to make your engine run right; just like a business owner doesn't need to know every bit of folded tyrosine that contributes to character traits to know *empirically* that he is ceteris paribus more likely to get a conscientious worker by hiring a dane over a dalit.

Beware the dangers of warmed over 17th century modernist/enlightenment era epistemology (whos standards of proof and evidence basically formed the theoretical precursing to mid 20th century post modernism [that is to say, their impossibility; which, were one to have accepted the priors as valid, would imply that 'knowledge' itself is impossible]).

The fact that most mutations are silent doesn't contradict what he said you retard.
> Even the slightest changes in the right places of a code can have dramatic effects.

This is true.
Your education has been a total waste of your and your parents' time if you think that this is not true, you complete idiot.

Do you deny the fact that the change of a single nucleotide can dramatically change a protein's function or expression? a change of a single nucleotide can change the amino acid in that codon. changing a single amino acid can totally change how the protein will fold and therefore its function.
Please, go ahead and make yourself look like more of a retard.

I see... now you're claiming you're right because the people that made those textbooks on human genetics have no idea what they're talking about and aren't educated enough? And only your superior "pragmatic, empirical accounting for phenomena" is right?

For things like differences in intelligence to be segregated based on intelligence would require a very high number of SNPs, given how highly polygenic intelligence is. Considering two individuals will, on average, only differ by about 3,000 SNPs, most of that would have to be on intelligence genes for your fantasy to be true.

never because women and jews are not as pathologically aggressive and criminal as blacks.
Women and jews don't kill each other over pairs of sneakers.
>Your entire line of "reasoning" is based on circumstantial evidence abstracted from vague bullshit.
>proceeds to trot out circumstantial bullshit without ever formulating an argument into how these historical observations specifically restricted education for blacks and or otherwise account for their terrible performance in schools and industry compared to jews or women.
Jews actually did face pogroms and persecution in russia and eastern europe in the 19th century.

It's clear your style of argumentation is just to name drop injustices as though this constitutes in itself an argument and is self-evidently restricting blacks to this day. It does none of these things.
The strict barriers have been removed like they have been for women and jews. Women and jews have both faced low expectations and stereotypes. European jews have also faced widespread persecution and oppression. Both non-black women and jews achieve far better academically and career-wise than blacks and quickly achieved equal representation in many intellectually demanding fields.

Blacks are responsible for their own criminal culture and lack of achievement in the last 40 years.

Nobody is holding black people down and forcing them to get IQ scores 10 points lower on average than white people.

There's mountains of evidence that Iq is heritable and has a big impact on academic and career success. Blacks have less intelligence on average. This is a big part of the reason why they are collectively such fuck ups.

The sooner you face reality the sooner you can start trying to fix the problem instead of just ignoring it and telling everyone else to ignore it by repeating dogma and non-arguments.

what would be really sad would be if you genuinely thought that you were in the right and that black failure was all white people's fault, even[cont]

[cont] when the evidence totally contradicts your world view.
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/a2d7/85edd7aa61b7ba51355053cc61d8b924fe35.pdf

there are these things called selection pressures which makes it more likely for certain alleles to become more numerous than others.

It's really amazing. Wow.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16867211

Here's an example of this "fantasy" as you call it.
european jews are far more likely to have alleles of genes which cause neurological diseases when homozygotic but confer a bonus to intelligence when heterozygotic. And all these alleles which cause these diseases are for proteins located on the same metabolic pathway.
the authors estimate through simulations the probability of these mutations occurring on the same pathway and becoming as concentrated as they are in the european jewish population compared with the non-jewish european population simply through genetic drift and find it to be extremely unlikely, providing good evidence that these mutations were selected for for their heterozygotic advantage.

Isn't it nice when you learn something?

>linking user to +40 year old psychology research

Not him but you must be trolling. Try to at least link to something within the last decade.