Diogenes | Get the fuck out of my sunlight

I literally never see discussion on philosophers like Diogenes, aka philosophers that are born without a fuck to give out. and are passionately against giving a fuck. Diogenes invented Cynic Philosophy and is a much better philosopher than you can ever be

I bet you've never read any of Diogenes' work

I bet no one who wasn't alive 2200 years has either.

mmm-mmm, love me some of the Dog

Is there a difference between "Diogenes of Sinope: The Man in the Tub" and "Diogenes the Cynic: The War Against the World"? Or just a retitle?

Behold, a man!

Top right, top left, center and bottom left aren't Zizek. That's all I know.

Friendly reminder that Diogenes is soon going to be found out by pseud trumpeteers from /pol/ and reddit and is subsequently going to be used in their "free speech-protests. Lauren Southern will larp barrel living outside of Berkeley before the year is over if this happens.

"The most beautiful thing in the world is freedom of speech." - Diogenes

You know that face blindness is a symptom of autism?

What's so great about him? He just seems like a contrarian antisocial NEET whose greatest achievement was debunking some of Plato's immature papers.

because diogenes isn't a philosopher, he's a funny historical footnote who didn't leave writings or a tradition behind

fuck off and go read a book

>whose greatest achievement was debunking some of Plato's immature papers
I'd say that is an achievement that a most modern NEET cannot boast of.

>implying that isn't great enough as it is

>adds fucking flat nails to the definition

What he preaches could lead to the end of civilization.

Nonetheless, he's fucking hilarious.

He lived like civilisation was already over. His precepts reflected his lifestyle and the surviving anecdotes are party jokes at best.

Civilization is meme that needs to die

Actually, he did write books they just didn't survive. I'm also pretty sure he wrote several tragedies as well. All of this was part of his contribution to cynicism.

This guy gets it.