Yo Veeky Forums, you're the creatives around here

Yo Veeky Forums, you're the creatives around here.

If you were to take an interview for someone who's into hiking (mountains, deserts, islands, everything), and you had to come up with 4 questions that lend themselves to an interesting interview... what would you go for?

>how do you think Auschwitz ovens managed to burn human bodies two orders of magnitude faster than modern cremation ovens?

have there been any border crossing incidents

what's the highest you've been

what was your scariest experience

do you travel alone or with others

have you hiked the AT or el camino de santiago

have you ever been eaten by a mountain lion

what do you pack with you (breakdown by %: food, water, gear, clothing, camp eq)

>have you ever been eaten by a mountain lion
This

>can jet fuel melt steel beams?

Have you ever masturbated to a voluptuous tree?

These fucking 12 year old, probably filthyfrank, pewdiepie fans.

How has these activities changed how you view the world?

What compels you to go out and do these activities?

What do you have to say to people who have never done any outdoor activities in their lives?

Have you ever been eaten by a mountain lion?

>how do you think Auschwitz ovens managed to burn
holy shit, the ovens were sapient?!?! that explains so much.

I'd advise you not to talk back to your elders.

>How has these activities changed how you view the world?
Definitely gonna use this one

Thanks all for the help !!

That question presupposes that the activity itself has actually changed the world view of the interviewee.

It would be better to ask IF the activity has changed the world view and IF SO how.

Other wise you are answering the question for the person being interviewed. It is possible that thier world view changed before the activity and that change of world view led them into the activity and thier world view hasn't really changed much since then.

Dont assume so much. As an interviewer its better to let the other person tell you why they do something and how it has affected them, rather than insist to them that thier world view must have changed because you said so.

t. Worthless journalism minor.

Sounds reasonable. I'm sure it must've changed his worldview in some ways because he's been hiking for like 10 years and he loves it, but you're right that maybe it sounds off to a listener, so I should be more tactful

What do you prefer more, being out there or being back in civilization?

Do you ever wonder what would happen if you were to die out there?

How is your relationship with your parents?

Have you ever had an extra terrestrial experience out there?

What do you feel you lose when coming out of the wilderness?

Where is the proper balance of accessibility and preservation?

When has nature made you feel most fragile?

What sight provoked the most emotion in your outings?

>Do you ever wonder what would happen if you were to die out there?
That may be a bit too morbid but thanks user!!

Dayum how did you even come up with these? R u a genius

Obviously not because I can't even pierce how many layers of irony you're on right now.

Good start to the thread

No, I was serious. I find all of them really good and I was wondering how you came up with them. Do they just come to you naturally or did you brainstorm somehow?

DO you get horny on multiple day hikes and IF SO, how do you relieve yourself and do you clean it up?

For example.

I think you can guess the age of someone by what they repudiate others with

my best frend got a nearly new yellow BMW 6 Series Convertible by working part time
online... see this page.... www.smart-job5.com

Still skeptical but I'll take it as though you're being serious. I spend a good portion of my time /out/ (3 months each year or so). These are questions I've found people offer very personal and diverse answers to. Sometimes people go out for something that they can't bring back with them or find that what they most wanted from their time in nature quickly fades when coming back into society. Outdoor enthusiasts span a broad spectrum in their activities and you'll find that often their preferred activity will preclude them to a certain set of values for the accesability/preservation argument. I'm in Utah so a central figure in that debate that serves as "the line" is Edward Abbey and where you stand in relation to his views.

>Still skeptical
Pls. If I saw an interview with these questions, the answers would have to be beyond exceptional such that at the end of the interview I wouldn't think back just "wow these were some damn good questions, lemme check who's the reporter." Maybe I don't know how to convey sincere compliments on Veeky Forums though

Many thanks for your explanation. Respect user

Veeky Forums culture loves to bait people by acting "astounded" at the quality of any writing to smash someone as soon as they express any ownership of their work.