Does anyone's world-building compare to his?

Does anyone's world-building compare to his?

God's

The Holy Spirit who writes all books

Yes

>Couldn't write a decent tax policy if his life depended on it

Dune comes close

/thread/

I don't like Tolkien, he's not for me.

No

Unironically GURM

no. what kind of dumb question is that?

Martin vs Tolkien is really a matter of whether you prefer atheist worldbuilding or theist worldbuilding.

Also throw in a speckle of autist to martin's

I feel like the work that Tolkien put into the languages alone put him above GURM in terms of the depth of his world building. There's an entire section of the appendices devoted to phoneme pronunciation ffs. George just has a lot of politics stuff

Only the first book.

forgot pic

GRRM's world is more interesting though.

Agreed

you could throw in a speckle of autist to tolkien as well. you need a bit of autist to get good worldbuilding user.

>tfw been pronouncing "C" as "s" all along
where was this page? was it in the appendices or the beginning? cause it should have been the very first page.

Back of the Silmarillion

Tolkien also pushes hard for a decentralized society based on a distributist economy, whereas Martin advocates a centralized executive in a world where no one religious tradition has the serious claim to sole bearer of morality. Essentially their worlds shows the classical arguments both for and against the enlightenment.

If you enjoy ASOIAF, you're essentially a white, middle class fedora who believes that reading Gore Vidal and Christopher Hitchens makes one an "intellectual". Whereas if you enjoy LOTR, you're a Buckley-tier reactionary in terms of social policy, a Chomskyite in terms of economics, and a full-time shill for the Catholic Church.

>Tolkien also pushes hard for a decentralized society based on a distributist economy
One of the main plots of his seminal work is literally about returning the rightful king to the throne, ushering in an era of prosperity.

The bad guy is literally trying to unite the world under one throne, whereas the most Aragorn does is reforge Arnor while the other races wither off and die

>Never even had a plan for the orc refugees

It's simple: you kill them all

Pithy reductionism worthy of Nappy himself

Frank Herbert

and all it takes the first book because it is perfect I wish I could kill his jew son.

Tolkien is the autismo supreme of world building. Can't touch him.

>Tolkien is the autismo supreme
I almost want to give this to his son who has devoted his life to collecting his works