He wasnt even a very good Gatsby, never mind The Great Gatsby

>He wasnt even a very good Gatsby, never mind The Great Gatsby

>O Hamlet!

>"And you really could say that, indeed, this had been the story of The Brief and Wonderful Life of Oscar Wao."

Absolute shit, unbelievable.

>And with that, dear reader, I must bring my Infinite[1] Jest to an end.

[1]: Ironically not infinite

>In the end God created the Holy Bible.

Holy...

>Ishmael sat at his desk with pen and paper. "Moby Dick or the Whale" he thought. Decisions were always an issue for him. "Why not both!" he exclaimed and began writing the story you will now read.

>The name's Rascal Nick of... what was it again? Oh yeah! FUCK YOU READER BWAHAHA! This book is my crime and your punishment. Crime and punishment, heh, that's all I've known. *puffs cigarette* Shall we begin?

Why is this praised?

>"the rocket path," Slothrop sez in awe while fucking a pig, "is following an arc, one could say a rainbow, formed of gravity ... gravity's rainbow, indeed."

In that moment I really was the catcher in the rye, so to speak.

>Why do they call you Ulysses?
>Ever read the Odyssey?
>Oh I get it

>It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was a tale of two cities.

Jeez Dickens.

>But he wasn't just your standard, run-o-the-mill, mom and pop, old psycho... he was a real American Psycho.

Goddamnit.

>And but so, as good old Bimmy lay there on the beach staring up at the low, drizzly sky, he couldn't help but wonder if life was just one Infinite Jest.
DAMMIT DAVE

>I knew it was gonna be Lunch, but that it was gonna be Naked? Now that... that I wasn't expecting.

What was he thinking?

>It's my karma to become Shogun.

Jeez

>Now that's what I'm talking about, baby! In Search of Lost Time, here I come!

What a blunder.

>"there's a lot of treasure here on Monte Cristo, Edmond, but how much?"
>"guess we better find out"
>and thus began The Count of Monte Cristo

Seriously, Dumas?

This is the best one I've seen

>The kid stared in wonder as crimson fluid drained from his cut arm and slowly took the form of half of a great circle on the Earth's surface. A great circle terminated by the North Pole and the South Pole, connecting points of equal longitude.
>"Truly, I have become a Blood Meridian."
>The kid spat.

>Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
>That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
>And then is heard no more: it is a tale
>Told by an idiot, full of The Sound and The Fury,
>signifying nothing

Faulkner a shit.

>seen yourmissusin the hall. Like thequeenoveire.Arrahherself that's fine, too, don't be talking!Shirksends? You storyanHarry chaplongame Harry chap storyangrass womanplelthygood trout. Shakeshands.Dibbleahayfork'swrong with her only in finnegans wake.

Jeez, what a hack.

>O Hamlet Hamlet Hamlet Hamlet Hamlet! The vampire army has taken the city!

>"I have to run bombing missions but I don't want to run bombing missions?"
>"What a Catch-22", thought Yossarian.

American """literature"""

This is good

>Only one city remained; two if you counted Paris.
Dickens was pleb-tier.

>As I heard the bell tolling for those who had been killed, I finally understood for whom the bell tolls.

dude

holy CRASH...

>So after the sharks finished eating his fish all that was left was the old man and the sea.