What are you currently writing, user?

What are you currently writing, user?

i had an idea for a book about the oj simpson trial from the perspective of marcia clark, rips off the tunnel where that book slowly reveals the main character to be a nazi sympathizer, this one slowly reveals marcia to be crazy fucking racist

>rips off the tunnel where that book slowly reveals the main character to be a nazi sympathizer
bastard you spoiled it!

Just some political-philosophy stuff.

*shurg*

This post

Unnecessarily mean comments on Veeky Forums.

Nice reading comprehension, faggot. I asked what you're writing, not what you're thinking of writing.

>>>/reddit/

A comedy piece about everyone waking up with Down Syndrome

a short story about a total loser whose life sucks, trying to capture the essence of the incel, genetic failure experience.

Yuck

Three lesbians get trapped inside a hot dog and slowly become heterosexual.

I'm writing a story about an alien tasked with learning about the culture of human teenagers suffers a concussion, forgets he's an alien and buys into his undercover backstory while his partner must convince him he is an alien.

Trying to salvage something from my notes to turn in for a competition/price thing, I could use the money
it's not in english, otherwise i would post it here

An entity arises composed of the body-parts an unrelated group of people have had removed or amputated

There's a young girl from my church that I've fallen for and I've been writing her love letters and throwing them in the trash.

I would read this.

A book where all the penguins in it are alive but there is one who can think in English. It is written from his perspective but only once.

A Pokemon fanfiction, with Zinnia as heroine.

>Zinnia as the heroine

zinnia is the worst character in pokemon bar none.

I'm writing a coming of age story in post-apocalyptic america.

Well, they don't actually "come of age". The main character is twitchy tweaker, traveling with two psychopaths and a prostitute stereotype (she isn't actually a prostitute) that just sort of appeared and wouldn't leave.

I love all of them. They're my children and I want them to be happy.

What? Not only is the OP right and you have bad reading comprehension for saying what you THOUGHT of writing about, but you also have bad reading comprehension because that's not what happens in the book. He's just so darkly comical and bitter he enjoys being offensive by imagining he sympathizes with Nazis or making jokes suggesting he's like a Nazi.

Well, I can spoil it further by saying that's not completely what happens.

God yeah. She was fuckin' obnoxious.

here is the little description i wrote up for myself

A reclusive man finds more and more of his food/possessions are going missing in the castle-like mansion in which he lives.

He eventually discovers a giant mouse living in his basement, which has been stealing from him

The mouse gives a lengthy monologue about how it is a demon and “steered by satan” and how it has been sent to punish him for his indolence and bring him torment

What the demon says starts to make sense to him, so he leaves the house and goes to live in the woods around it for the rest of his life, going blind and dying after not having seen the house for over a decade

rate

I would read this. Care to post a bit? Animal books are comfy af, senpai. I love Call of the Wild and Watership Down.

A Novel

A young man in his late twenties suffers with several problems that show up in his life at the same time, ranging from loosing his job, getting in massive debt with banks, going almost bankrupt, having a relapse on his alcoholism and witnessing his girlfriend leave him for her high school sweetheart. He ponders killing himself, but realizes that now he has nothing to loose and death is the only thing ahead in his life, he has the perfect opportunity to do whatever he wants with no fear of consequence.
After getting a loan of 300K dollars with a loan-shark, the protagonist kills said loan shark and leaves the country with only the necessary, fleeing to Mexico where he assumes a false identity and starts a new life. In this stampede of new opportunities, he decides to use a professional poker player to bet with his money and acquire even more, and when he as a few millions of his own he decides to help the career of a jazz trio that used to play in one of the bars in Mexico when he first moved there, eventually making them all rich enough to come back to the USA kicking down the door, and living way more comfortably, in luxury and wealth.

The novel is kind of set in the 1950's in America, so the style and atmosphere is all based on the styles and political climate of the era.

I like it, sounds like a solid short story to me, but anything longer than a novella with this story could go awry because I sense this is a very dialogue-centric piece and monologue is obviously a huge part of it, so it could turn somewhat stale, maybe boring. But if you desire to do a "Passion According to GH" thing, go for it. The ending is somewhat "meh" in my opinion. It seems the story just displays the rat's opinions on the protagonist who doesn't show any resistance and just obliges to what he says. Kind of an anti-climatic way to end it.

Either way, 7/10 story.

I'm making good headway on my novel but I feel really inspired by this idea for a short story I've had. Would be very short and sweet.

I'm making threads on Veeky Forums out of short stories I make up. I want to see how many replies I can get. I have done just 2 so far. One got just 60 replies, the other one 15 on a slow board.

Absolutely pointless, still pretty fun.

A longish poem in alliterative verse about a one armed boy trying to prove himself to a noble girl. Basically some romance with a ton of mythological imagery. [SPOILER]It's utter shite desu. ;_;[/SPOILER]

Poetry that everyone says is prose

If this book's more funny than it is serious, it might be pretty good.

Jesse Eisenberg for the protag in the movie

It surely is.

A book about wizards and witches.

There are not that many books about wizards and witches... right?

I have (I think) excellent ideas but poor execution in terms of length.

I'm so eager to get to the end, to hammer the message home, that I neglect to lay the necessary groundwork.

Any tips on squeezing more words out of an idea? Currently reading Dickens for inspiration.

A play where a dead guy is on trial for having sexy time with his mother in law while he was alive.

faggot

hire a ghost writer to write some chapters for ya

A book about the human race far into the future where Earth no longer exists and everyone looks the same (same race, hair colour, height etc) . Despite it being millions of years in the future, mankind has yet to find any signs of life other than itself, despite traveling millions of light years for millions of years.
Since everyone looks the same, feels the same and is part of the same nation, there has been no need for any conflict for as long as anyone can remember, and so humans have basically forgotten how to fight. They've convinced themselves that no other life exists, and no there is no need to continue an army or learn how to fight. Almost everyone is religious as they believe that God created life on Earth and no where else, which has also further pacified them.
As you might predict, the humans do end up finding intelligent life and all kinds of shit goes down. I've only worked on settings, premise and lore shit atm, I've not figured out who the main characters will be or what will happen in the end

currently writing the shitpost you are reading just now

Bits and Pieces. I mostly just look back at stuff I forgot I wrote and find the little jokes I put in, like:

Cpt. Rasselrod is a father of three children, and a husband to a pile of interstellar ash.

Make sure to have some mechanism that stopped DNA evolution because as humans spread across the universe, unless colonization of other planets is illegal, settlers in different planets will evolve differently everywhere they go, even slight variations of gravity and radiation over centuries will likely lead to some evolution assumedly. So yeah, I like the premise generally and that's a book I would like to read and have thought about writing. Just the zero evolution/everyone looks the same sounds hard to pull off. Maintaining cultural and genetic control of trillions of people spaced light years apart so that there was no conflict and uniform religion ECT sounds hard to pull off no? But best of luck.

Two screenplays, one avant garde and the other blue velvet on steroids, and a shitty generic first novel that is roughly based on my experiences living in baltimore and a recent trip to cuba

I'm writing an acoustic powerviolence EP. I wish I wasn't but that's what I'm doing.

When I said everyone looks the same I should've been more specific. Imagine looking at a modern classroom of children who are all of the same race (White British for example). While the kids all have different faces, hair styles and colours, scars etc they all undoubtedly belong to the same race.
In my scenario, the idea of different races no longer exists anymore among common people as everyone has been mixed into a generic culmination from every race put together. If you were to look at a classroom of these children, you would see less differences than in the previous example. Everyone's hair and eyes are a shade of brown, everyone's skin pigmentation is the same (haven't decided on what kind yet), everyone is more or less the same height (6 ft 2ish for men, 5ft 7ish for women) etc While there are differences (especially if you meet people who live under drastically different conditions) people don't see others as being any different than themselves. They don't have a concept of it anymore because they're just that 'colour blind'.
The reason why that's important is because I want there to be a sense that people don't have any feelings of nationalism or a loyalty to anything bigger than them. Their race is untraceable (far too mixed and Earth is gone) there is only one 'nation' (which common people show no loyalty too because it hardly does anything for them, there isn't even an army), there is no common culture other than a universal yet dulled belief that a God exists (it isn't what defines them, religious practice isn't common) etc. Once a threat is established in the form of an Alien race, humans must scramble together for a common cause and basically re-discover things like loyalty for the sate, patriotism and how to fight.

>Jesse Eisenberg
Why?

wow, like every one else on this board.

Few projects, tell me if they have any merit. Almost threw one of them away entirely:

Play rendition of Beowulf
Post modern novel about a group of famous musicians going on tour
Avante grand work
3 or so short stories

>Play rendition of Beowulf
decent but "eh", not the most original idea of the world
>Post modern novel about a group of famous musicians going on tour
what?
>Avante grand work
very specific
>3 or so short stories
who cares

*tour
my bad.

this nonsense:

his eyes paused and he missed the step for a second. underneath the gravel did nothing. for a moment he was motionless and then he shuddered, once and horrily, like a chill passing through his soul.
—maybe we should let that world fall? you know, and he stumbled again, the one up there sometimes hiding behind the clouds oh but you know that the stars are behind it, because he couldn’t reach us because the digits stopped early, he grinned at the indulgence to follow, he had to send his prophet no profits! Always a middle man don’t you know! And he winked like a man playing coy playing mad playing broken; pointing up,
—I have suddenly thought of a joke, why did the chicken cross the road?
—..
—Well fuck the sky was falling! Who (whom?) did you think had it worse, Atlas or Sisyphus? Both had balls I’ll give you that. Do you suppose the uphill plus downhill averages out to just sitting there with that on your back what that whole bloody time?