mfw when some company feeds AI math textbooks

> mfw when some company feeds AI math textbooks
> it starts producing formulas and proofs
> everything not very clear as it read
> and everyone is accepting them out of fear of opposing an authority or out of mere laziness and lack of interest

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That book is outdated horseshit. Stop posting it.

The literal fuck. How is it outdated?

> some company feeds AI math textbooks
> it starts producing formulas and proofs
> everything not very clear as it read
> only reasonable things it wrote are "proof left as an exercise" and "proof: trivial"

Thanks Anonymous, I'll have a read

he thinks machine learning and AI are the same thing
this book doesn't have that much on ML so it must be outdated horseshit

I liked this book, I was lazy in my AI class and didn't read it fully but I might again.

>> mfw when

>my face when when

It doesn't have all the latest buzzwords and that's all I care about. I don't want to understand AI but speculate on the coming singularity sexbots that are going to take all our jobs with data mining!

Is there a follow up book for this? I read it, and it helped me implement AI in my game, but is there a book with more advance techniques/broader scope?

Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering#AI.2C_Machine_Learning.2C_and_Computer_Vision
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering#Artificial_Intelligence

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

that's not even me, obviously there was someone else before

But that list is shit, it doesn't even have elements of statistical learning, which is the standard ML textbook.

what company are you talking about?

>which is the standard ML textbook
For brainlets.

Bishop is better.

Well, the book is about GOFAI

bishop is essential machine learning reading

Other than just shitting on Kurzweil why are people saying the singularity can't happen?
I understand that the so-called "exponential curve" of tech advancement isn't really a thing (it's misapplying Moore's law to all tech) but AI IS getting better, what's to say in a few decades we wont have built a super-intelligence?

None. OP is role-playing.

if everyone would understand what he says he wouldn't be a genius, would he?

The joke here being, which escapes most of the plebs on these boards, is that one of the authors of that textbook (Stuart Russell) is one of those who are saying stuff like that.

Yeah but the point to pull the curtain and show how the magician does his trick and bring AI from "greater than life" wonder to "down to earth" practice. Then you'll have a significantly large enough grain of salt to contextualize discussion of future AI.