What I Expected thread

What I Expected thread.

Template comin' up.

my favourite

kek

I felt the same way. Expected high school english class-core, got unrelenting despair with false glimmers of hope.

should've known better, its aristophanes mane

jej

accurate

Harty kek

Needs more poop jokes

> fart the movie
> thunderpants
> criterion collection

le kek meme

I noticed this had a lot of replies in an earlier thread but I don't get it. Do I just need to re-read 2001 then? What's the giggle, lads?

Has anyone here read The Lusiadas or Don Quixote? If so, would you recommend it?

How many replies did I get?

I read Don Quixote last year and it's possibly now one of my favourite books. It's full of memorable moments, detailed backstories for bit-part characters, charm, humour and tragic misadventures. It's such a joy to read and I genuinely never wanted it to end. Not read The Lusiadas though.

I don't remember specifically but it had quite a few

They're massively different from one another, it's impossible to compare.
Don Quixote is almost objectively one of the best novels in history, besides being a truly amazing read.
The Lusiadas is one of the most beautiful and badass epic poems of the Renaissance, up there with Inferno. There's some very good English translations, as well.

So yeah, definitely get on them.

This is my all time favourite

Rate OC

kys

:(

7/10

It's alright

Needs a huge wheel of cheese

dude read Don Quixote that book is one of the greatest novels i have ever read. The humor hasn't aged a day and the characters are some of the most lovable ever written. The only thing is Cervantes probably coulda used an editor because he does get wordy but it is still a classic.

>Lusiads
>Up there with Inferno
I'm not sure if it's more important to chide you for thinking Inferno was the best part or for comparing it to the Lusiads.

kek

Holy moly.

Good post

Is it good?

same haha

underrated

Thanks, sorry for the late reply. I feel validated.

I never see Fowles talked about on lit. I only own The Magus of his books. I'm interested in it. It seems that not a lot of people really remember him.

Somewhat accurate. It was a strange feeling being thoroughly disgusted by Humbert and also feeling bad for him upon realizing he's actually really, really sick and flawed. And feeling bad for Dolores while Humbert is abusing her. The whole thing made sick, more sick than any other book I've read.
Strange, but good.

Any brit/lit/s here?
Is Hay-on-Wye overrated?

> for MINERAFT
> MINERAFT
> tfw this gets published but not my best ever encyclopedic post-modernist fantasy guide to drawing manga epic

> bookshelves outside
> book on the floor

Disgusting, would not buy from there.