First day of Physics class in Uni

>first day of Physics class in Uni
>professor asks us to write down our hobbies on a piece of paper that is circulating around the room
>i write down "drinking beer"
>paper is passed back to professor after everyone's written something on it
>professor begins reading over it, a puzzled expression appears on her face
>"Which one of you wrote 'drinking beer'?"
>i fess up
>"Please leave my class"

Why are STEM professors so anal about this shit. And why the hell are we doing high school tier shit like writing down our hobbies, I'm honestly considering dropping the class.

Do it then drink beer.

Don't tell me you actually left the class.

What kind of monster drinks beer at college age?

SURELY THIS HAPPENED

This. It was a stupid thing to do, but not bad enough you should have to leave

>her
Found the problem.

>Making up stories so you can hate STEM professors, even though the real reason you left that class was that it was too hard for you
lad

>the absolute state of amerishart education

College is garbage. You pay a stupid price just to attend the courses and the stupid price doesnt include the cost of materials required to complete the course, which are usually also stupidly priced. I remember having to drop a class my 2nd year because they didn't have enough books in the bookstore and ordering it by mail would have taken just as long as the bookstore to get more in. By the time there were books available, I was 3 weeks behind on course work.

Fuck for-profit higher education. It's nothing but a scheme. No college or university is safe.

this never happened.

>college
>not drinking beer
story never happened

It's painfully obvious you are some stupid High Schooler.

/thread

This. I just teach myself stuff and even if you must attend for the certificate why the fuck must you attend lectures and buy books?

My statics & dynamics prof hands out cans of beer to any student who corrects him if he makes a mistake on his notes, he says "It's a good way to encourage students to pay attention and enjoy themselves"

>for profit education
America was a mistake

That is illegal.

>Posting American reaction image

>Professor
>Not liking, or at the very least, tolerating collage beer culture
How do I know you are either underage, or are so autistic you didn't notice anything at collage except what was on the test?

My thermodynamics professor even showed up drunk half the time (he happened to have been the best professor I ever had as well, I don't remember him even making a typo once)

>her
there was a keyword there you missed
of course, this only applies if the events actually fucking happened

If I had witnessed my professor show up to class drunk, I would immediately report it to the department head and try to get them fired. That is extremely unprofessional behavior, and a poor example to set for students.

How? In my final year 3 of our professors held a party for the class and gave out beer as well (On campus, at the professors barbecue and drinking hut)

in graduate school, 90% of our events have free beer provided by the university. Usually good shit too. We have a once a month lab meeting to put pipette tips in boxes, make buffers, do housekeeping ect, and our PI always buys us at least 2-3 beers each. Hell there is even a guy in my lab who is a known alcoholic (that guy gets a six pack)

and the department head and I would laugh together at some idiot who thinks he can upset the status quo because his parents are paying the uni money. Guess what, it's one of the few ways to actual endure all your stupid ass questions

>Autism

Because the professor may be unknowingly distributed alcohol to a minor (assuming this occurred in the U.S. where the drinking age is 21)

This degeneracy will not go unpunished. Mark my words.

You stay out of this.

Isn't age verified by the university and listed in the students details? Then the professor will know who can't drink in his class.

I, and I'm sure other students, have withheld that information from the professor.

This guy gets it. A place for education has no business promoting alcoholism (or degenerate party culture for that matter). It makes for a fucking shit atmosphere for the people who are actually there to y'know, learn stuff.

t. Chico State student

Jesus christ I just looked it up, you guys have some shitty and overly strictly drinking laws in some states.

Or maybe, gee I dunno, my government actually cares about the well being of the youth. If it were up to me I would completely ban all alcohol.

>Learn stuff
Kel, youre there to get your piece of paper saying you payed the money and you are probably not retarded, not to learn.

Because banning things work so well for other things.

You still learn things regardless. And you wouldn't be able to receive that "piece of paper" without at least somewhat learning the required material.

>Or maybe, gee I dunno, my government actually cares about the well being of the youth.
holy shit you cant make this shit up
>If it were up to me I would completely ban all alcohol.
ahahahaha

My main motivation for education is to learn shit. The overpriced piece of paper is secondary to me. If I didn't want to learn about the subject I'm majoring in, I would have picked up a trade instead. A university education was never intended to be job training, that is entirely a modern development.

You know you can learn all that for much less on your own right?

you're hilariously naive. also clearly a virgin since you place so much importance on women's approval

>Can I go $50k into debt at 19 years, govenment? Yeah, fine
>Can I (or anyone else) buy a gun to shoot up my school, government? Sure, why not
>Can I buy cigarettes to slowly kill myself and people who surround me? You're over 18, go ahead

>As a sign of how much we care about our youth, we banned alcohol below the age of 21!

My dynamics professor would beat our little asses with a belt if we were caught in our phones.

Can I also get paid to do it in lieu of the full-time job I can't work because of how many hours I'm putting into my education?

>also clearly a virgin
But I'm not. I guess it's not that clear to you?

t. virgin

>drinking beer is alcoholism
Apply yourself to your shitposting, you can do better than this

You already said that.

>government cares
>prohibition is a good idea
Dude I agree with you about alcohol having no place in a school setting but could you provide a less retarded strawman to everyone else?

>t. alcoholics

Can you show me where I said or even implied that in my post? There is no reason for a professor, or anyone with a real job, to show up intoxicated to their workplace other than alcoholism. Please learn to read.

did u cuck out and leave the class?

So in your mind, someone who is suffering from alcoholism should be discriminated against? We have laws in place to prevent people from discriminating against medical conditions.

Not usually one to use this argument, but I this case 100% this. So many women just can't take a joke.

If someone makes a decision to become an alcoholic and not to recover, to the point where they cannot get through the workday without getting trashed, yes they should be dismissed until they can get their act together.

t. recovering alcoholic

Define trashed

The government doesn't give a shit about you, retard.

I'm in Ontario so the drinking age is 19, also we're not nearly as strict about underage drinking here so I think it would be fine, I have some drunk selfies with one of my profs.

Then why are there regulatory laws in place to prevent shady business practices, why would harm society. Why are there laws in place against theft and murder? Why did the government rule against Anti Flag Burning laws to protect free speech?

wow that's bullshit what a cunt

My professor allowed us to have a pint or two to help us learn

murrica
lolno

i like how this thread has pretty much immediately turned into a fuckfest between MUH BEER and MUH ABSTINENCE idiots.

1. OP wrote a dumb, college style thing. that's what happened, nothing more. stop blowing it out of fucking proportion.
2. there's nothing wrong with having a beer or two or even a few more at parties. not a single fucking thing.
3. being drunk in class is pointless, teachers shouldn't be drunk in class (and this should be a fireable offense), that much goes without saying. a beer or two, however, hardly qualifies as "drunk" and if it's the last lecture of the day, my god, get your ass out of your head.

now i don't drink alcohol myself anymore and even when i did kept it separate from working/studying, but to each his own, why would i even fucking care. and that, my friends, is what is currently wrong with America: nobody is minding their own goddamn business anymore, everything is a "movement" or a "trend" or some shit, and every little fucking thing is of significance. get your shit together, America. when did you become the nation of crybabies anyway.

>separate from working/studying
this

You're completely correct, although your rant at that end has little relevance to anyone ITT save for the "ban alcohol" guy and makes you sound like a self-important ass

**the end

if you were blasted in class, well that would have been the appropriate response

Of course I left, I mean what was I supposed to do? It was an extremely awkward situation, complete silence in the classroom, and I wasn't going to make it worse by arguing with her. I'm pretty sure that if the professor wants to expel someone from their class, they are within their rights to do so, despite me paying for it. She never said that I couldn't return though, so next week I will be in there. Gonna be awkward because I'm "that kid" now.

>go to uni
>they ask you about your hobbies
OMG THOSE 50K MUST PAY OF SO FAST

you fool, all higher education is a meme and the ONLY thing you're paying for is a piece of paper in hopes of it paying for itself in 20 years
everything they teach you, you can teach yourself in 1/2 the time if all you cared about was education and science instead of money

I am SOOOOO MUCH SMARTER when I've had a few drinks. It sort of encourages almost an aesthetic to my thinking. It's like my brain starts playing classical music and my ability to sort out what I'm thinking into fluid composition. But I also "learn" from drugs well enough that any time I drink I retain some of that enlightenment

My parents were both drunkass retards which put me off alcohol strongly but even I see its benefit.

>not taking NSM classes, in which a majority of professors assign textbooks that they personally tested and verified that they can be be easily pirated
what kind of pleb are you?

Yea, sometimes when I've done enough LSD I can recreate proofs to famous theorems. It's like my mind is a hive of bees, all calculating, probing, questioning independently, but (paradoxically) in perfect unison.

Sometimes, if intuition isn't enough, I'll do what I call a monte carlo proof. I'll just have the bees construct proofs randomly until I can find, just by brute force, the correct one.

Man, drugs sure are great. This is the method I used to pass college algebra.

>ywn get spanked my your pchem prof for not doing the homework
feels bad man

>my government actually cares
HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHA

>my government actually cares about the well being of the youth
>being this deluded

I refuse to believe you are this fucking dumb.

DUDE

Not an argument. The government has an incentive to preserve social order.

You should not have been kicked but tbqh what a trash tier hobby you have. Drinking beer? Fuck. The only reason beer is drunk is to inhibit your insecurities and make women more vulnerable, both in favor of getting laid. You are not even supposed to enjoy it, which is why alcohol companies don't even bother with making it taste non-shit. It is basically "Hey good man, can I get my socially acceptable date-rape? Great m8."

The government has an incentive to preserve social order, not to care for you beyond what it takes to prevent a revolution

>her
Tell me you actually left the class.

Ah, so that is why we are allowed to burn flags then, because the gov't doesn't care about our freedom of speech?

Soyboy

Fuck man, you got me. 99% of men are soyboys because most men only drink socially at parties or bars. Very few (like literally 0.01%) actually enjoy doing beer tastings.

No, craft beer and beer tasting is incredibly popular with young urban professional geek types (soyboys)

>I'm a little fag that doesn't like the taste of beer, therefore 99% of people that drink beer don't like the taste either.
Soyboy

Yeah, I agree that beer tastings are for snobs, usually soyboys. Which is why I find baffling what the other retard is saying.

Beer tastes neutral. Not like water, but similar to water in the sense that is just tastes like a chemical your tongue gets used to. You are not supposed to drink beer for the same reasons you drink a coke. It is for socializing with friends and getting women, soyboy.

my jacked russian friend who will get blackout drunk for any reason whatsoever tells me constantly that beer tastes like piss. im not sure if liking beer taste has anything to do with being "soy" although some "soy" types do enjoy craft beers and ipas.

Beer tastes neutral. Not like water, but similar to water in the sense that it just tastes like a chemical your tongue gets used to. You are not supposed to drink beer for the same reasons you drink a coke. It is for socializing with friends and getting women, soyboy.

your opinion is trash, certainly not worth spamming like that
good quality beer is a thing, if you actually care go and try some good local craft beers. otherwise don't talk about things you don't know shit about

Not spam. I sent it to the wrong post the first time. Also
>craft beers
Fucking soyboy. I guess pot calling the kettle black is a thing. Literally neck yourself you low testosterone joke of a man. Call me when you stop drinking beer for the taste and get some pussy.

It's a fake story, anyone in college will tell you
STEM Class
>Hello, i'm proffessor X.
>[20 minutes of discussing content, grading policies, etc.]
>Anyway, let's start chapter one.

Non-STEM class
>Hello, i'm proffessor X.
>[20 minutes of Teacher talking at length about himself]
>[20 minutes of discussing content, grading policies, etc.]
>[20 minutes of Icebreaker activity which no one will remember immediately after it's over]
>Anyway, that's all the time we have for today. See you Thursday. You should probably read chapter 1 soon.

I don't know why I show up to the first day of non-stem classes

t. plebeian virgin

>banning speech critical of the government doesn't foment greater unrest
No, I'm sure the government kept constitutional protections for free speech, in contrast to those for gun ownership and against mass surveillance and warantless wiretapping, because of its idealistic devotion to personal liberty and the flourishing of the human spirit.

He's teaching a bunch of uninterested cheating student loan fools how things work, not performing brain surgery.

Not going to every class from then on with a 6 pack and acing the course.

>professor won’t even let us drink koolaid