CONSCIOUSNESS OF THE UNIVERSE

Redpill me on the fact that the universe is a consciousness

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bIWUDg7xy4Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Consciousness is outside the scope of science.

Its not. Thats hippy pseudoscience bullshit and you should feel bad for posting this idiocy on a public Tibetan throat singing blog.
/thread

It's not conscious.
Insofar as consciousness means anything at all, it refers to processes which are extremely dependent on / built up from physical brain scaffolding.
If consciousness were just there to begin with as a natural quality of the universe then there would be no need for all that incredibly long term convoluted evolutionary history that led up to complicated brains capable of producing what gets called "consciousness." To argue it was just there to begin with you would need to explain what was the point of all that elaborate brain structure and neuronal networking forming.

Ok. So, Prove it.

The burden of proof lies with those making the claims. Im not claiming the universe is anything other than what it appears to be given our observations, you are. You prove it, until then occams razor, common sense, science, and observation says you are wrong.

you have to define what the term "consciousness" means.
As far as I can tell, it means it acts intelligently, or is in our perspective, unpredictable, and so we say it has "free will".
Using that description of "consciousness", then the universe is "conscious", but its just a semantical argument, and this doesn't tell you something you already know.

samefag
aka pointless philosophical question

>incredibly long term convoluted evolutionary history that led up to complicated brains capable of producing what gets called "consciousness."

That's a fact?

>he just repeats science memes to try and combat religious memes

What about my post was memes? Is factual observation a meme now?

Everything that exists has been brought to existence by the Universe itself throught evolution, etc... So it must have its own Intelligence to be able to keep the order. But how could it be intelligent/comprehensive without a clear consciousness ? The Universe which is here since the Big Bang must have its own Intelligence/Consciousness, Because it stay in order by itself.

If the universe was dumb and incousciousness, it must be the chaos and we shouldn't exist.
But we exist and there is a subtle order in nature. So the universe should be intelligent/conscious.

Why does order imply consiousness? Are these rocks consious?
[\spoiler] no, theyre not [\spoiler]

Stop listening to idiots and smoke a good dose of DMT. If that doesn't convince you, you're a lost cause.

>in b4 muh chemicals
You're trusting the chemicals in your brain to tell you they're chemicals.

The rocks are not the most evolved form. Plants, insect, animals and humans which is the most intelligent life forms have a consciousness.

Consciousness is defined for living organisms. By definition the universe is not a living organism. Therefore the universe cannot be conscious.
There's not much more it it than that. Asking if the universe is conscious is akin to asking if the scent trails that ants leave are conscious.

this. clearly samefag

I said redpill me, not drug me bro !

Def. Consciousness: Hability to know its own reality.
Def. Intelligence: Hability to know to understand.

You don't know if the universe is alive or not bro.

We don't know what allows us to experience qualia. I personally don't think that we'll ever know. In fact, there's no way that I can know for sure that you have a consciousness, although I'd say it's a reasonable assumption to make. Therefore, it's dumb to start throwing out statements like "the universe has a consciousness" willy-nilly.

You're mixing up nu-age spirituality, religion, and philosophy at the level of a high school edgy kid who just smoked weed for the first time.
If you want to talk about this then go to Veeky Forums but prepare to get told to gtfo because they don't have any patience for retards.

youtu.be/bIWUDg7xy4Y

what order are you talking about? everything that happens in the universe is just action and reaction

Yes it is now fuck off back to /x/ or /pol/, whichever one you came from

>i don't like something,
>therefore /pol/

pajeet, no one ever made you leave reddit, i dont know y u ur so buttblasted