Found this in a thrift shop. I've seen a lot of talk about it recently, and I've read Portrait of the Artist

Found this in a thrift shop. I've seen a lot of talk about it recently, and I've read Portrait of the Artist.

Is this a good version?

That's the wrong translation from Irish, find a different version.

w2c

You jest, but the format of Ulysses is important and some versions ignore that.

How can I tell if the format is the best format?

No, that's a terrible version. You should mail that terrible, terrible version to me so I can destroy it because it's so terrible.

Buy the Everyman's version

Fuck. I just spilled coffee all over it.

;-;

run

Just kidding!

Fake and gay

open it.

It is a beautifully done facsimile.

can
can I have it

Sorry :[

OP please god check inside and tell me who the publisher is I NEED to own this

Is it Martino??

First Edition Library.

Thanks I love you

u 2 bby

Holy fucking dicks that's expensive, and of *course* it's twice the price of their usual stuff

Oh well time to cry

I bought this one, with that pretty little case it comes in, for about $200 at the store. Worth every penny.

What are the prices like online?

Where can i buy the first edition library version? That looks lovely

That's probably a reproduction of the first edition.

Holy shit guys, I just checked my edition of Ulysses on ebay and it's priced at 84 $.
I got it for free from some random thrift book shop contest.

It's 1949 Bodley Head.

Guys! I checked my copy and it turns out its the hand written manuscript written by Joyce himself! I checked the listings on eBay and it's like priceless?! Even has coffee stains and a burn mark so you know it's old!

Fuuuuuck man that's like amazing. Can you send it to me so I shove it up my dickhole?

shut up

Why?

fuck all of you, I'm now strongly considering impulse-spending £265 on a book I already own in two beautiful Folio Society editions AND a shitty Wordsworh classic version

My addiction to this book is too real

fuck it, I did it
not like I ever buy anything expensive except for books anyway these days

I guess fancy editions of Ulysses are my vice now

I'll give you a reply for the effort

Without being assholes, since I don't own this book, which is the best version to buy? Publisher please

thx pardner desu