I once jokingly asked a friend if the Sun is hot

He's been autistically trying to prove this for days. What's a very simple way to prove that without devices?

Are atoms vibrating really fast? It's hot.

Consider one square meter of asphalt in the sun. The intensity of the sun's radiation decreases with distance following an inverse square law. The sun is 150 million km away. Knowing this you can calculate the comparative intensity of the sun's surface compared to a square meter of asphalt here on earth and see that it is astronomically more energetic.

The sun is yellow therefore it's hot

Because 2+2=4-1 is 3 thats quick maths suns not hot

Look at the sun. If it give you a boner then it's hot.

How do you know the atoms of the sun are vibrating fast?

it's obvious to even the most casual observer

Because they are hot

You need to use like a really big telescope and stare at it. Then you focus on a single atom and measure its vibrations with a stop watch

harness his autism by convincing him that he absolutely must build a vehicle that can break orbit and send him to the sun

I'm looking at the sun and *something* is vibrating fast.

Go outside

When you stand in the sunlight its hot
When you stand in the shadows its not as hot

its emitting radiation. that process produces heat.

The sun's hotness is very beneficial too me.

Sun-chan daisuki...

just get a new friend

Does one of you stooges think its cold?

Can you prove with what instruments you have access to that its not?

>Does one of you stooges think its cold?
Don't be so harsh, I think you're the stooge. Proving simple facts can be extremely tricky, for example writing a proof of the arithmetic for addition. Just because it's self evident that doesn't mean that a proof shouldn't be attempted

this for fuck's sake

Now can you personally prove the correlation between the two?

Does the day/night cycle count? your suroundings are hoter in the day then colder when you cant see the sun anymore, or is that to shaky, like maybe the moon makes the world cold

Black Body radiation formula. Measure the ratio of different wavelengths of radiation emitted. Done.

How can we know they're related to the temperature variances? You can see the moon in the midday sky from time to time as well as certain planets and stars given the right circumstances and for some reason elevation cancels this effect out despite us getting closer to this supposed source of heat.

Thats good thinking, but no gadgets

How can we know anything is related to anything, dude?

We don't.....Unless we do.
Isn't that how it's always worked?

What chemical reaction keeps the sun doing? Is it exothermic or endothermic?

Depends. Has it reached sustainable fusion?

I don't think so, eventually the sun will go out on his resources, they're not limitless are they?

Well if it's not yet acquired the energy for sustained fusion the reaction would be endothermic.

Which it can't be since it is exothermic? Sorry mate, english isn't my native language, what exactly do you mean by sustainable fusion?

Well played bruv

The processes required for fusion are endothermic until the system has enough energy for a sustained fusion reaction where it becomes an exothermic reaction.
Its endothermic until it can keep a fusion reaction under its own power basically.

Look at the sun for an hour, if your eyes burn. You've got hot sun

It depends on how autistic your friend is
if he is a normie, then you could say that the light the sun produces, at least partially, hits the massive particles of the sun, heating them up
If you need to prove to your friend that there is no ice sun inside a hollow fire sun, then you are shit out of luck, he is too far gone.