How do you deal with death?

Hello Veeky Forums, this might be a brainlet question but I’d like to ask how you guys deal with death. I know this is more of a personal philosophy thing than anything, though I wanna know from people who probably understand science far better than I do if they think it’s truly an eternal oblivion type deal or something completely different.

If mods think this question would be more appropriate on another board, feel free to delete.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9LYDKs480UA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is death?

>"deal with" death
same way I "deal with" a table

I look forward to it
>inb4 edgy

We are a collection of experiences, the universe experiencing itself. We are all made of stardust and when we die that particular experience ends,obviously fight the dying of the light but learn to accept the end of that as a good friend.

it would be more appropriate in a trash can honestly, what the fuck are you even trying to ask? everything ends

He's asking how to deal with existential dread of death.

I have a candy but I can only eat it once, boo hoo

>an eternal oblivion type deal or something completely different.

I've never really understood why this idea frightens people. Yes, when you die you will (probably) stop existing, and you will continue to not exist for the rest of eternity. But it's not like you're aware of your own non-existence - you don't exist, so there's no one to be aware of anything. Your experience ends with the last consious moment of your life and that's it, end of story. You're not going to sit around and watch other people do things or stare at a blank wall forever and ever - the end is the end and that's it. Its not something to be afraid of any more than the hours you spend unconsious each night.
Now, being afraid of *dying* is a completely different and understandable thing, since it might be painful and our minds fight against our deaths by instinct. But there's really no reason to be afraid of what comes after that, apart from FOMO.

youtu.be/9LYDKs480UA

You cannot be conscious of being unconsious. We are immortal my dude, we are literally gods.

It's not death, it's dying. I'm old enough to have seen several relatives die, and it always ends in several days of gaspgaspgaspgaspgaspgaspgaspgaspgaspgaspgaspgaspgaspgaspgaspgasp

in the end the body always seems to screw up the oxygen intake in one way or another, it's pure torture and hell

The trick is to wake up in the morning. That's about as much science as you need to get over the whole 'dealing with death' construct.

It helps to get an 'introduction to infinity', which mathematicians achieve by simply realizing that computers can calculate constants to an arbitrary length.

I don't deal with it, I accept it and make the most of my life.

Is your life that sweet?

Thank you guys for your answers. I understand that my question was kinda retarded (referring to myself as a brainlet) and I was also vague as fuck. I think what I wanted to go for was something like “I know everyone has their own opinions/theories on this type of thing, but I’m interested in what a scientist/mathematician/student/hobbyist has to say”. Again, this probably would’ve been more appropriate on another board but I appreciate that even some people took the time to say something.

To preface, I was doing research on NDEs (even though they’re most likely something to do with the brain rather than an actual experience of consciousness beyond the body) and neuroscience, so I decided to make a thread about death.

I was very afraid of death when I was young, but it got better. Sadly it's not like living forever would be any better, a consciousness only has a finite number of possible states, so it would all be repeating shit after a point (not that you could remember it, but still), so I just ask myself whether I'd prefer not having existed at all over existing for a finite amount of time, and the answer is no, so I just try to make the most of it.

Death is an essential part of life

Create your own philosophy to live by

nonsense. theres no rationalization that can prepare you for death.

It's not essential.

I believe death will be similar to sleeping without dreaming. I don't fear oblivion, just a painful death.

so you fear pain