I like to listen to music while I read. Should I drop this habit?

I like to listen to music while I read. Should I drop this habit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ohFn7UBuGoI
noisli.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

White noise is fine, lyrics and intricate melodies are not

i stick to classical music while reading, so it doesnt take me out of the book too much.

i had a playlist on once and a rap song came on and i couldnt focus on my book anymore and i decided then and there to never listen to rap music again while im reading or otherwise.

do what thou wilt

I think it's fucking retarded. I feel like you probably don't remember much of what you read.

But Idk, because my brain may just work much differently from yours.

>I think it's fucking retarded
>...Okay, I confess, I'm probably retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=ohFn7UBuGoI

I use noisli.com/

I have low-vol forest, high-vol fire, low-val coffeshop, and very-low-vol traintracks going.

yes.

High vol autism

Listen to OSTs

Make sure your familiar with names so you can quickly change songs to fit the mood

Thats what I do with Final Fantasy osts.

>Can completely ignore the beauty of classical music and play like its just background noise
>Rap makes you actually pay attention

>Make sure your familiar with names so you can quickly change songs to fit the mood
This has to be bait

pleb

this

Its not. Though, I only usually do this for genre fiction.

nigger

yeah because they arent screaming ooga booga monkey shit in the middle of a nocturne, its kinda distracting.

Not at all. I find it to help me keep concentrated and a little more entertained. I listen to classical music, I don't like anything with lyrics or it'll distract me from reading. Personally I like classical though

rap is for americans
stop being american

i do this, and it is the best.

the right music with the right book amplifies the feels to no end.

this is coming from someone who is very stoic and rarely feels anything.

Anything that isn't ambient will take some of your focus away. Can make for some interesting combinations though. Gives you completely different readings on poetry.

I don't use music but I use noisli or asoftmurmur. I like having train sounds or wind sounds playing while I'm reading.

>I like to listen to music while I read. Should I drop this habit?

How does it affect your reading compared to not listening to music?