Fake crystals

My geologyst gf says all these crystals are fake and grown in a lab. I bought these from a quy on alibaba. Am I being jewed here or is she full of shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fcu8Lz5PHMw
youtube.com/watch?v=uo7H_ILs1qc
ndk.com/catalog/AN-SQC_GG_e.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm a geologist and I won't be able to tell anything from a photograph. My suggestion to you is take them to your nearest university and ask to see someone in the Earth Science department.

fake as in not formed naturally?

the molecular structure is the same, who cares?

Amethyst is pretty common

Only natural crystals have the right ayurevedic chakra resonance

Here is another pic, don't know if it helps.

My hippy bullshit clients care.

Exactly

Yeah, thats what I thought, I thought quartz and amethyst were really common as muck and that it was all in the marketing

>Alibaba

>fake because grown in a lab

Occam's razor says it is more like fake because it is made of regular glass instead of wasting time and money growing them in a lab.

Or, you know, quartz is cheap as fuck. Make something cool out of it like some solar panel cells or something.

Sup ricky roger!

Just sell it to your hippie clients anyways. They will not be able to tell the difference. The amount of people who actually have a feeling for that paranormal type stuff is quite low.

Your "geologyst" """ gf""" is a fucking faggot.

Put them up your anus. If your autism reduces then they are the real deal.

t. Paltrow

they're minerals OP

>t. *tips Fedora*

That's lab grown quartz for sure. It's cheaper just to grow it than to dig it out of the ground for that quality. That thing in the top left could be dyed.
fuck hippies.

This
youtube.com/watch?v=fcu8Lz5PHMw

Hijacking the thread: I've been thinking lately of buying a bunch of lab grown gems, rubies and sapphires and emeralds and the like, and maybe some Argentium Silver and having it crafted into a crown to wear. People would think it was worth millions of dollars but it would only be a few thousand.
Should I do it or will I look a pompous ass? If I wore it around and became a great orator, do I have a shot at convincing enough people to make me a King?

>People would think it was worth millions of dollars
People would think it was plastic/glass and gold spray-paint.

>Should I do it or will I look a pompous ass?
You should do it AND you will look like a pompous ass. BUT you have a crown.

>If I wore it around and became a great orator
Doubtful that you could become a great orator.

>do I have a shot at convincing enough people to make me a King?
No. But you have a crown which makes a good conversation starter.

>Doubtful that you could become a great orator.
For what reason do you doubt me?

Because you can't even manage to reply correctly.

It was one mistake I almost never make such mistakes and it isn't even relevant to oration

A crown doesn't make a king, blood does. The blood of your lineage passing down the title or the blood of your soldiers and your foes as you fight to make the world recognize you.

I hate you and you need to stop existing on this board,

the whole point of having a crown IS to look like a pompous ass.

Do you think I'd get mugged? What am I saying of course I would.

i'd mug you out of principle.

We've increased production since then, this was a 10 story hydrothermal reactor for producing synthetic quartz. It killed someone when it exploded:
youtube.com/watch?v=uo7H_ILs1qc

where did you go to school?

Nobody posts a method for growing beautiful crystals? I am disappoint.

Why the fuck would you grow quarts crystals in a lab?

Shit's like a dime a dozen.... not to mention that the cracks and inclusions are indicative of those crystals being natural, not artificial.

wtf OP?

Reference gotten

Sorry I didn't paranormal shit was science and math related.

Yeah, I here there's a byproduct that makes you cough a lot and your eyes water a lot.

Yeah but if you keep blowing those problems will disappear and the crystals will be beautiful

hyahahahaha. I hope you will soon realize that exotic newage crystal worship is just a capitalist scam to sell worthless items to naive superstitious people. And if you are selling them you are even worse

It's shitty business practice. Even if you fool some people, you hurt your reputation and know you're selling fake merchandise.

Perhaps they need a required purity for use in oscillators and other applications that isn't easily found in nature.

they're hippies, who cares? The chakra-rebalancing shit or other reasons why they are buying the crystals is fake too. It's far more morally dubious that you're enabling this sort of behavior. People may just buy crystals instead of seeking proper medical treatment.

>Should I do it or will I look a pompous ass?
yes but you should do it anyway

It's cheaper to grow big high quality quartz than it is to mine it. Pic related, each of these blocks only costs about $15. I guess they are used for making crystal oscillators?

Here's some more details on applications:
ndk.com/catalog/AN-SQC_GG_e.pdf

what kind of geologist is your gf OP?
I get the feeling she is definitely not a minerologist

How do I get in on this OP? Sounds like easy money.

"You cant tell from a photo"
>k heres anpther photo
You jusy wanted to show off the pictures

Why does it matter if it came out of the ground or from a lab?

>gf geologist
>gift her some cute crystals
>"lol ur shit is made in a chinese lab what a trash"
>cry

poor OP

You are already selling bullshit, might as well go full scam.

Please do this and post pics of the finished product. It would cost a lot more than a few thousand to make though, who's gonna actually craft it for you?

That's not even Amethyst, that looks like Fluorite which is commonly cut and polished into quartz-like shapes

This is what REAL Amethyst looks like, this particular type is actually Ametrine from Bolivia, which is quartz with both ametrine (yellow quartz) and (purple) in it.

There is tons of fake bullshit in the crystal world, because there are so many dumb, gullible and misinformed new age types that buy this crap, but there are also plenty of real mineral dealers who only sell real stuff that's actually mined.

All of those purple long crystals you have look like Fluorite to me, they basically just take low quality small crystal size fluorites and then cut them into crystal like shapes to sell.

Also, that's just polished Labradorite (upper left), which is very common and REAL. The clear "crystals" are just quartz crystals which have been cut at the base and polished to make it "double terminated," but this is not natural. Keep in mind that real double terminated quartz crystals do exist, but they don't look so clean like that.
Your girlfriend doesn't seem to know what she's talking about either, in the mineral world, lab grown specimens aren't common at all, as there's a SHIT TON of quartz in the Earth's crust, thus growing fakes is completely uneconomical.

Here's another Ametrine, here you can actually see more of the "yellow" color of the ametrine towards the bottom of the crystal. It's much easier to see it in direct sunlight however.

Here's an example of a natural double-terminated quartz crystal (aethyst).

Also, a tip to tell whether this is fluorite or quartz would be to scratch test it. Fluorite has a hardness of 4, Quartz 7. Scratch it with a piece of glass, it should be relatively easy if it's fluorite, harder if it's quartz.

Also here's an example of citrine.

$15?? Where can I buy one of those?

Google " Crystal stores + your zip code " ;)

Bullshit that's flouride.

I contacted the chink on alibaba and he got offended, saying they get the raw stones and cut them themselves

It's roger rocky you dip

Check out alibaba

But you're already selling fake solutions

yes please

yes but don't lest it stop you

It's also illegal to misrepresent your product.

Not in china.

>chink

It's definitely fake then. Chinese people think it's completely morally righteous to lie for money and have fraudulent businesses.

it's glass and some other cheap shit cut into shape. he's a relevant post from Veeky Forums. which I just tried posting and was notified of a duplicate file here:

nice rocks

I think it depends on what you mean by "fake".

Do you mean the crystal was cut, the crystal was grown in a lab, or the crystal is made of a different material (like glass for instance) than advertised?
On top of that, you have to ask yourself if you even care.

You can tell if it's not the advertised material by using the index of refraction of the crystal, but as for the other parts, I think it would be extremely hard to tell

t. a guy who took a semester of geology in college

^THIS^
They have been able to make "fake" diamonds for decades now. They can be easily spotted because they are MORE perfect than "real" diamonds. People bitch about Bitcoin being a meme investment and then shell out 2k for a fucking carbon dirt rock.

Come home brother. We need your valuable insights.

You have to read about 200 books, remember all the obviously untrue stuff in them, while being smart enough to cobble their information into a semi-coherent form, and then regurgitate it back out in a smarmy grandiose way. It also helps if you say aliens touched your butthole.