WHO CAN RELATE

It was impossible to get an A in this fucking botany class. And its 4 credits.

>nearly all A's
Amerifag detected.

>can't get nearly all A's in his/her classes
brainlet detected.

In my paramedic program, an A was a 95%, passing C was 80%. No curve. The instructors said the highest grade they ever saw in any given course was a 96% from a student who ended up in med school at Harvard. I ended up with an overall 93% in the program, top of my class by a long shot. Still a straight B student, though.

If you went to a proper uni an A would mean getting a standard deviation above the mean in all exams instead of a cut off of 70%, amerimutt.

>If you went to a proper uni an A would mean getting a standard deviation above the mean in all exams instead of a cut off of 70%
As I said, you're a brainlet if you can't do that.

>amerimutt
I'm not American.

>gets a C in a piss easy gardening class
>calls others brainlets

I'm not OP.

I'm willing to bet you just can't grow plants.

You should go on /out/'s /hg/ threads some time if you wish to pursue your botanist career (I wouldn't recommend it, you suck).

europeasant here
what do these numbers represent like Math 411?

you couldn't get an A in this class the way it was set up.

The way my UNI is set up is that the 400 level classes are for people in their 4th year. 300 -> 3rd year, etc.

why is a gardening class worth more credits than math?

Not OP, but at my uni the number of credits a class is worth is how many hours you spend in class in a week.

Gardening shouldn't be worth more than 1 credit. Why is gardening even offered?

that's literally Marx economics tier wtf

How in the fuck is botany more than adv calc hahaha

>The way my UNI is set up is that the 400 level classes are for people in their 4th year. 300 -> 3rd year, etc.
Why do you wait until 4th year to take intro abstract algebra?

It has a lab I'm sure

in capitalist grading scale, a rich guy comes in, steals your grade and gives you a c-

>he took botany instead of bio 101

Its for brainlets

That's pretty much the universal system, though. Contact hours per week essentially corresponds to the amount of content covered by the course. Except for labs, where you get to spend an extra 4-5 hours for one credit, usually.
Has nothing to do with Marx, but again the Marxian labor theory of value isn't "if you spend 40 hours making mudpies, they are worth the same as a car that took 40 man hours to produce." "Value" does not refer to price (exchange value) or utility (use value,) it is a measure of the average necessary quantity of abstract labor power embodied in a commodity

what the fuck do you think credits are, you idiot?

Well a college credit is actually defined as 3 hrs per week, one in class and two outside. That's why labs usually only result in one credit (in this case the 3 hours are all spent in class). That's also why 12 units is considerwd full time, because it's basically equivalent to a full time job. You're absolutely correct about Marx's labor theory of value being bullshit though.

>Well a college credit is actually defined as 3 hrs per week, one in class and two outside
>one in class and two outside
So what if I don't spend two hours outside of class per contact hour? Lmao
>lab doesn't involve a ton of outside work to analyze data and write reports
Kek
>You're absolutely correct about Marx's labor theory of value being bullshit though.
You ought to work on your reading comprehension, and no, it's not.

I'm not saying the system makes any sense as most people probably aren't doing 2 hours of work for every hour of class; being in a STEM subject increases that likelihood but I would say the majority still don't spend as much time with the material as they need to. Also whoops I can't read lol. Does the LTV not claim that the price of goods should reflect the hours of labor that went into its production rather than utility? I've never encountered the version of it you've laid out.

i am american and the average grade for exams is C, which is < 78

>can't get an A
>"HURR PROFESSOR MAKED IT IMPOSSIBLE 4 ME 2 DO WELL"

Fuck off.

I once took an engineering graphics class, it was only 1 credit but the first 3 assignments took fucking 6 hours to draw each. Fuck that class

If you brainless cunts went to a proper University you wouldn't get an 'A' in anything, since a proper University doesn't use that fucking system.

Neck yourselves you desmund faggots.

not him but there are professors who exist with such a chip on their shoulder or a stick up their ass that they just dont give As. I hope it doesnt exist anymore but in the past it has

>>"HURR PROFESSOR MAKED IT IMPOSSIBLE 4 ME 2 DO WELL"

this is a thing that is very real.

>for exams

from what I gather exams are worth 50-60% in your education system, rest is homework/attendance/assignments
just lol

>If you brainless cunts went to a proper University you wouldn't get an 'A' in anything, since a proper University doesn't use that fucking system.
What do you mean?

ROFL stupid Americans. In my country no matter what you do, how smart you are, how hard you work, you get a D at best. Last semester every single student in my university failed every single class. This proves that our education system is the best and best prepares us for the workforce.

>In my country no matter what you do, how smart you are, how hard you work, you get a D at best.
Why don't you try to actually learn the material?

>muh grades
Brainlet

>>muh grades
t. D student

freshman colloquial alongside 400 level maths? wat

they're called electives. lots of people take them.

How does it feel to be an utter brainlet? I'm genuinely curious to learn about how you cope with your disability.

>tfw MIT isn't a proper university

>i hate everything that's different

I go to Harvard, wanna hang out?

I got a 3.9 GPA at the end of my master's, doesn't mean I think grades mean shit. You'd be surprised, apparently, to know that almost every straight-A student wouldn't deserve straight-C's in a real evaluation, but they use daddy's money and vagOOO to get ahead. Tons are very well known to cheat, many brag about it openly before class starts and imply among themselves that the classes are impossible to pass without cheating (>implying).