Does anyone else absolutely accept that global warming is anthropogenic but think it would be the most excellent...

Does anyone else absolutely accept that global warming is anthropogenic but think it would be the most excellent Darwinian happening if we didn’t slow it down?

I think there's nothing I can do to stop it so I should just buy cheap land in Patagonia or wherever is going to raise in value thanks to it.

Humans solving the problem and surviving would be even more "Darwinian"

I think it's too late to stop it and that we need to start prepping for the hits we take economically and agriculturally. That and we need to get these old war hawks out of power so we don't nuke each other in a resource war.

>Does anyone else absolutely accept that global warming is anthropogenic
No.

>it would be the most excellent Darwinian happening if we didn’t slow it down?
Are you thirteen?

Water inequality will cause famine and war.

right here. drill baby drill

i know. it will be great.

>he said something I don't agree with so he must be [age]
Global warming isn't the problem. Humans being too retarded to use natural resources efficiently enough not to destroy the planet at this population level is the problem. Something's gotta give.

>le money xD
can't take it with you after you die

>he said something I don't agree with so he must be [age]
You literally used the expression "excellent Darwinian happening" to describe people dying from drought and starvation. Grow the fuck up.

look, soyboy, people are going to die--and do every day--from those things because we are over the carrying capacity of the planet given the cognitive abilities of humans.
grow up. you're living in an oxfam fantasy world where feeding more niggers won't make them just breed 10 more starving gibs takers.

>doesn't know what the demographic transition is
>thinks third-worlders don't work
>thinks that famines are common outside of warzones
It's clear that you've gotten all knowledge of this from the internet

fuck 'em. won't be me.

>LARPing as a human biology expert on a Malaysian tongue piercing database
Go act like a pseud somewhere else.

>we are over the carrying capacity of the planet

lol malthusian overpopulation myth .. planet can sustain many hundreds of times its current population density. populations _tend_ to create their own resources as they grow, very difficult to put an upper limit on it scientifically

>look, soyboy
You're failing at convincing me that you're not an edgy kid.

>we are over the carrying capacity of the planet given the cognitive abilities of humans.
Applying the idea of a "carrying capacity" to a technological civilization doesn't really work. And even if it did, we've still not exceeded it: given better distribution of the resources we have, we could be doing a LOT better at quality of life.

>you're living in an oxfam fantasy world where feeding more niggers won't make them just breed 10 more starving gibs takers.
That's not how populations work. Rising quality of life causes birth rates to fall.
Also: "gibs takers"? Really?

>fuck 'em. won't be me.
You're not nearly as independent as you think you are.

>70% of the planet is water
>Desalination plants exist
>energy generation sources capable of supplying them exist
any nation that collapses deserves to for being fucking retards
put solar panels on every rooftop for energy
use nuclear power plants for the gigafucktons of energy they give, Fission or fusion
go tap geothermal sources where they are available for extra bonus energy
all of those have minimal effect on the environment if you keep them maintained properly and don't cut corners

>You're not nearly as independent as you think you are.

you make this assumption that everything is going become pure anarchy. it won't. global warming is just going to be some other kind of bullshit that human beings deal with. plus i'm pretty well off and have property in nice places that in all likely hood will increase in desirability. got mine homeboy.

>any nation that collapses deserves to for being fucking retards
Desalination is really expensive. Most nations can't afford to rely heavily on it.

>use nuclear power plants for the gigafucktons of energy they give
Also really expensive.

>all of those have minimal effect on the environment if you keep them maintained properly and don't cut corners
Which nations are able to run large, expensive pieces of infrastructure for many decades without anyone being tempted to cut corners? Especially given we only ever find out that corners have been cut once the whole thing falls on our heads.

>you make this assumption that everything is going become pure anarchy
When did I make that assumption?

>global warming is just going to be some other kind of bullshit that human beings deal with.
We have VERY little experience in dealing with global-scale problems as severe as global warming.

>got mine homeboy.
I doubt you've "got yours" to anything like the degree you think. But if you do, that just gives you one less possible justification for ignoring other people.

But you’re both demonstrably wrong in that global warming is proof positive we have reached a limit we cannot sustain.

Also you’re doubly wrong because here it’s the technology of using fossil fuels that is making the problem in the first place.

What you both fail to see is that the theoretical limit cannot be reached given the stupidity of people and their governing systems inability to correct for it.

>Does anyone (everyone) else think this fella from /pol/ or /x/ should fuck on off back to their containment board?
Yes.

>>Does anyone (everyone) else think this fella from /pol/ or /x/ should fuck on off back to their containment board?
I'm from Veeky Forums.

Probably, but only in 3rd world countries. The strong and fit will survive and then emigrate to Western countries for welfare.
Pretty much this. It's easy to say everything will go to shit, but when shit truly hits the fans and sea levels rise, droughts and other extreme weather increases, cultures will adapt. When it's eat or die, you'd eat those mealworms and GMO crops without a second thought.
>implying Veeky Forums in 2018 isn't a containment board for the terminally retarded

>tfw Canadian
>tfw largest amount of fresh water lakes of any nation

feels good man

>Also really expensive.
>nuclear power

>Natural resources
I fucking hate this word.
You mean the life and world we live in.

I think it's probably anthropogenic but I also don't think the way to solve it is by introducing some global carbon credit bullshit to give pajeets, chinks and negroes an edge and instituting one world government. Neither is funneling billions into every dead-end greentech startup that ends up running on natural gas anyway. It's a case of a real phenomenon being hijacked by political interest groups and conmen.

Instead we should be focusing on colonizing space and building actual long term energy solutions like fusion reactors or solar power satellites. The latter can also help with the development of real climate control devices in the form of orbital sunshades/mirrors.

But none of this is going to happen so ultimately I don't really give a shit.

Wars have been fought throughout history. Getting rid of old people won't change a thing

If resources get scarce you'll merely end up with a new generation of hawks. Do you really think you're the first generation in history to have had these kinds of ideas? Get a grip, faggot. Conflict emerges naturally and unavoidably from game theory. You can't legislate it away.

>nuclear power is expensive

Lmao. Protip: don't argue into the oppositions strengths, it's like rule 4. go shill your oh so progressive political philosophy on some other board

>it would be the most excellent Darwinian happening

I am not sure about that. Most people in developed world are pampered from birth and as a result suffer from pathological altruism. When global warming makes equatorial regions uninhabitable and triggers mass migrations of low IQs, these mental children will open the gates wide. Dysgenics will ensue.