Engineering is really eas-

y

Ah, shock testing and aerodynamic turbulance....

Shame we can't implement this to forward swept wings, huh?

(Insert cash money to solve problem)

Hah how difficult can classical mechanics be?
>It's only nonlinear

>it isnt analytical solving

Hisssssssss

vibration analysis is pretty much an art form

then it's a good thing engineers are so well qualified for it.

just shake it till it falls apart

that's brainlet tier shit. No really, there's an ENTIRE CHAPTER in that book dedicated to explaining eigenvalues and eigenvectors to engineers.
Then why'd ford fire almost all their vibration engineers because vibrations analysis software could do it cheaper?

why don't you go analytically solve the three body problem or the navier stokes equation for high reynolds number flow. Take your analytical solutions and shove them up your anus, most PDEs of interest can not be solved analytically.

>tfw you keep your designs simple so that they can be analytically solved
Who /genius/ here?

t.brainlet

Those simple designs are worthless these days.

>Then why'd ford fire almost all their vibration engineers because vibrations analysis software could do it cheaper?

>why is AI more intelligent than human intelligence
because it was programmed to be

Just got my first job offer for an equipment engineering position. BS in mech eng.

55k/yr + EoY bonus, avg 8k
company car + insurance/maintenance/gas
paid expenses for travel around the country and internationaly (mexico, canada, japan)
company credit card
phone allotment
health/vision/dental

with a 2.81 GPA that they didn't even ask about.

stay in school nerds.

>GPA is 2.95
>don't put it on my resume
>they ask about it at the interview, I tell them what it is
>tfw I still get the job

Kek

Fuuuck how do I get this
t junior EE major with 2.85 and still no internship
Should I take my GPA off? The rest of my resume is pretty good

>Then why'd ford fire almost all their vibration engineers because vibrations analysis software could do it cheaper?

interpreting the data that the software spits out is where the art comes in. there are literally dozens of engineering firms who do nothing but vibration analysis and they all have access to pretty much the same compute. all the software did was remove the need for number crunchers.

Holy fuck that gpa shouldn't be within 10 feet of your resume. Don't draw attention to it.

We were told not to leave it off because then you really wouldn't get hired. OK, it's more like 2.88 but still shit. I took a bunch of extra math classes and shit they pulled me down

Whoever told you that is dumb. If a company really cares about your gpa they'll ask. Recruiters will ask and jot it down and application forms will ask for it. If they don't ask they don't need to know. The usual advice I hear is the cutoff is somewhere between 3.3 and 3.5, but you definitely don't want to.

Is it possible to be an ME and never have to travel? I don't want to travel at all. In fact I can't travel.

Kk thanks. I want to die. Ive had a pretty shit time in college so far, my GPA is the perfect storm of things that could go wrong. Only thing that could be worse is if I were stupid

2.81 guy here, yeah just leave it off. Basically what said. No reason to put something you're not proud of on your resume.

My best resume advice, I think, came from my senior lab professor who asked "why do you have all this shit on your resume? You hate all this, why would you want someone to hire you based on this?" And I was like "oh yeah, you're right" and deleted all the computation fluids/FEA/labview bullshit and focused more on the design stuff that I actually care about and my military background which gives employers that patriotic boner

Just make sure you're sending out literally hundreds of applications. My internships were both with companies I didn't remember applying to. Heck, in one of them I went through the phone interview thinking it was for a different position in a different company.

Odds are good your 4th year gets better. Once you're done taking classes in every single subject and you can focus on what you like it's easier.

>why do you have all this shit on your resume? You hate all this, why would you want someone to hire you based on this?
Good advice, unless you're absolutely desperate.

Cool. I'm just worried that if I don't get an internship that I'll be dead in the water when I graduate. I just need a shit-tier codemonkey job for a couple of years.
I don't even know where to look. My friends who have 3.1-3.5 mostly have internships by now. I shouldn't have gone to college when I was 17, and I wish I had retaken all my AP credits for easy A's.

OK, thanks. I sent out about a dozen or so for jobs I probably have no chance of getting, but I need to find local companies that would be willing to hire me for some boring engineering shit.

LITERALLY HUNDREDS

Thanks m8. Will get on it. I felt kind of hopeless and I was giving up a bit to go for that neet lifestyle

if you are a veteran with an engineering degree and you took a 55k job, you sold yourself cheap.

I'm jr EE 3.8 gpa and still no internship too. It is hard out here for a pimp

He gets solid benefits and a cool lifestyle. Can always leave for higher salary after a year

>tfw you live in third world country
>finish bachelor in mechanical engineering
>finding a job within state company requires giving money to someone or knowing right people
>finding a job in private sector requires 3 years of work exp, knowing 11 languages, know how to fly an airplane and all that for whooping 300e per month

Thats why you need to suck dicks during your studying

>finishing my civil engineering batchelors in a small first world country
>haven't even turned in my thesis yet
>get a phonecall from two engineering firms and two contractors offering me jobs
>accept a job from the highest bidder because I'm too lazy to make a resume and go applying for jobs