Why are all pre-meds horrible people?

Why are all pre-meds horrible people?

Does any professor or anyone even like them?

Almost every pre-med I've ever known was borderline retarded and uncurious about anything they were learning. They were either in it for the money or because their parents were in the medical field and directly or indirectly forced it on them.

>tfw current pre-med
Why don't you guys like me? :(

This. Doing my undergrad in molecular bio so I could do comfy autistic genetics and data analysis was made much worse by being around pre-meds all the time, who would stop at nothing just to get the grade, rather than genuinely learn the subject.

Memorization is the key strategy, with assistance from friends such as cheating on exams and abusing adderall to cram for tests. I hate that shit because in curved classes, all it does is make it so people who genuinely want to study without fucking themselves up have to either work their ass off to memorize the individual nitpick things that don't have much to do with the conceptual or mechanistic pieces, or take backseat to the people who are only in it for the paycheck at the end of the road.

>or take backseat to the people who are only in it for the paycheck at the end of the road.

user speaks words of wisdom salient not just to premeds but perhaps western life in totality

is this why there seems to be alot of "pre-med" focused classes instead of the regular cirrciulum?

The administration is really starting to pander to it for money. They have this new program at my uni with some nonsense clinical chemistry type name, but it's just regular chem except you don't have to take organometallics, you don't have to take phys chem (waaah too hard, hurting my average) and some other important classes as an attempt to enroll more people trying to go to medical school with an important sounding undergrad and a higher average

cause you are woman

Most of them are dicks, sure, but you're going to like a select few a whooole lot in about ten/fifteen years when they make the pain not happen.

I want to be a doctor and I'm none for these things ... not even in it for pay check and I enjoy all the classes I take. I don't do any drugs either.
I hope anons here don't hate me

i study chemical eng and the medfags have their uni next to mine... theh all look like a bunch of spoiled kids that think they are superior to any other. But all they do is momorice... as u said before they are not interested on learning.

I've met two premeds in my life. One was a complete Chad douchebag, the other was a pretty smart and cool guy.

In my country there is no such thing as pre-meds, medical students go to med school right after high school but let me tell you: EVERY SINGLE MED STUDENT I've met is a complete asshole. They are truly convinced their degree is the most difficult one on the planet. One even tried to tell me his last exam was so difficult because "you actually had to come up with things yourself". You ask them once how they are doing, to be nice, and they begin telling you a huge story about their studies, and what kind of surgeon they are going to be, and how dedicated they are. Fuck medical students.

I can tell you're a medical student. This is the kind of thing med students like to bring up all the fucking time.

It's not just pre-meds, literally anyone who is studying, has studied or will study medicine is a horrible person.

Are you planning on turning into paracetamol?

I wish.

Not fair

Why do you all worry about other people? Just worry about yourself an heck off.

Its because there's no such thing as a "pre-med", just bio majors with aspirations of med school. Protip: 1/100 will actually make it.

Calling yourself pre-med is like calling yourself pre-famous. Its obnoxious and you look like a fag.

I'm a pre-med math major...

No, you're a math major who'd like to go to med school.

DO NOT use the term "pre-med" unless you want to be assumed to be a giant tool by literally everyone.

I'm premed though

Congrats, what med school did you get accepted to?

Oh I'm only second year

Not pre med then lil fella ;)

Yeah I am. I'm premed. Sorry guy

Can you tell me more news from the future nostradamus? Give me the price of bitcoin two years from now when you're in med school

Ha. Do you often spend your day battling semantics ? You're an absurd person user. I'm pre-med and that's that

like I said, call yourself whatever you'd like. pre-med, pre-op. to everyone else you're just a dipshit undergrad with dreams of med school

Seriously consider suicide.

>admits defeat.
>immediately backs off with "it didn't matter to me anyway!!" Fallacy
I've won the debate.

Is this the best you people have to offer? You're dumber than an undergrad

when were we debating. my opening "move" was to say people who called themselves pre med were deluded fags, and you proceeded to call yourself pre med

is this what they teach you a debate is at your clown college?

>The virgin biologist
>The chad doctor

I won.

>I won.

"Pre med" degrees are usually skipped over by good medical schools. It's pretty funny desu.

>me: sophomore in two junior level biology courses (molecular bio and genetics)
>pre-med sits behind me
>complains constantly to me about how he is thinking about dropping the course but he is only taking it because it looks good on his transcript

I hate pre-meds because they're sociopathic stamp collectors. They only care about themselves, their interest in medicine and helping people is to boost their ego and virtue signal.

When I was meeting with the bio department director and my program directors about my UGR they said I should consider med school, I vehemently refused the option on the basis of my dislike for the people in medicine.

Stop generalizing us!

i roomed with someone who actually made it to med school (so in the top n% of premeds) and he was a huge asshole. i feel like medicine is a "striver" field where people without natural ability flood it cause they wanna get paid/be respected

>disdain for the unglamorous the driving force that has made the western world the powerhouse it is

without this, science and technology would not be even close to where they are, and certainly not within the last hundred years with the rise of corporate and governmental research enterprises.

>sophomore taking junior level classes
You'll never make it

I'm Biochem, and unfortunately all of my classes ( (biocalc, orgo chem, cell/molec, and quant chem) are predominantly pre-med. The vast majority of the classes are filled with brainless frat boys or airheaded bimbos with rich parents in the medical field, or people so autistic that you'd mistake them for CS majors. The air of narcissism in these classes from the students is nauseating, and the thought of my future physician being one of these fucking dolts scares me. Fucking this. I'm glad I'm not alone, OP.

It's hilarious how pre-meds do worse on the MCAT than every other major including English and economics.

Ngl part of why I changed my major from bio was because I couldn't stand the pre-meds (and a lot of the other bio majors as well)

its okay to admit you failed ochem

I got C's in both semesters but it was really hard for me and another reason that I switched

Why?

I can follow along just fine. I have the prequisites, nothing is completely new to me so far. Genetics has a 50% drop rate because it covers 29 chapters in 16 weeks, but im staying on top of it.

Molecular bio is going to be hardest though, no specific textbook, just 3-4 textbooks they'll be referencing. Def worried about it.

I majored in bio and actually just took the mcat today

I went to a small school and there was no such thing as these bullshit 'pre-med' or 'medical biology' majors that bigger schools have. You just did bio/biochem and took a few harder classes. In my experience, i dont see where the notion of pre-meds being pompous assholes came from - most of the pre-meds I knew were seriously lame ducks.

Med student here. Am I still hated?

It's somewhat rooted in jealousy

Kek, why are the premeds like this?

Are literal premed majors a thing?

all premeds are sanctimonious holier-than-thou faggotrons. i should know, since i am one.

on the plus side though, it seems like actual med students seem somewhat more grounded in reality.

depends on the school, i believe

Because they all think they can be doctors, reality settles in, then they're hit with the realisation that everything they worked for doesn't mean anything outside of pre-med. So they desperately try to get a high MCAT score, and when they totally fuck up they just cry their eyes out realising they wasted 4~5 years of their life on something that was a complete failure. They end up moving in with parents, depressed and hating the world, with no relevant skills outside of a field they were rejected from, and basically need to start from square one.
not even premed, a guy who used to be but dropped it because I realised I didn't want to do premed.
i know a lot of people who used to be premed as well. sure a few went on to med school, but I only know one guy who made it through med school at all
pursued toxicology instead, a lot happier with my decision, and its a nice tradeoff with premed

fuckin hell ochem sucked

>Does any professor or anyone even like them?
Every professor I worked with hated working with premeds. To the point where they didn't let premeds do independent projects, had them do generic labware washing, and refused to write them letters of recommendation for med school.

>tfw physics major
>get c in modern physice
>ace ochem in my sleep
>tfw ochem is inuitive as fuck but your dream field physics isnt

my school has premed track in biochem

I bet physics is really intuitive if you got the right theories.

The more I read about QM (which is pretty much the only thing that doesn't make much sense) the more I feel it's just wrong. And we all know that there's at least something wrong with it (gravity and some other stuff).

I guess. I still struggle with simple concepts like EM. I still have no idea how the fuck light is a wave but thats the basis for a ton of shit in physics

Im probably going to switch to a chem degree and forever be a brainlet :/

this is the same "dur hur we're douchebags but you're gonna need us eventually :^)" nonsense lawyers use to justify being subhuman trash

Typical premed

But you have to keep learning it so you can figure out exactly how wrong QM is!

> be retard
> decide to go to community college for the fuck of > decide to major in english
> finish all higher literature classes
> take introductory chem course
> fall genuinely in love with science
> go from pre-albegra to calc 1
> delay transfer to major in Molecular Bi... I mean micropipetting.
> decide to want to pursue medicine because it will allow me to continue researching in the future.
> the pre-med memes swallow me
> get called a retard by everyone and their mother for not majoring in a humanity, transferring with that, and doing only the per-requirement classes.
> peers ostracise me if i do better than them on an exam
> get asked to be cheated off of
> be offered Zanny and Adderal to "help performance"

just fuck me up

How long did it take you to grad from community college?

3 years total
Finishing my last one (organic/physicswcalc/calc2)

Hands down the highest ratio of perceived intelligence over actual intelligence of any major

It's weird because actual doctors are typically the other way around.

>currently sophomore biochem major
>kind of want to do an MD-PhD program but will probably end up doing an MD because I'm not sure I can last an additional 3 years and I'm pretty much already accepted into a smaller (kind of shitty) med school because nepotism
>ochem is filled with people complaining because they are premed and just want to study medicine
>they bitch about the curve only being a C+/B- for the avg
>in reality there shouldn't be a curve at all as some students (like myself) are able to get 95+ on the midterms and final

On the plus side, the prof will prob give me a decent letter of recommendation

the worst premeds I encountered are with the perfect 4 GPA. Like in 4 years+ having a 4 means that you either cried like a bitch to every professor, cheated off your classmates, choose easy graders, avoided truly challenging classes, or all of the things above.

>tfw my counry doesn't have same pre-med system
>tfw pre-med kids are literally going to that uni's medical school upon completion of their science degree
>tfw you meet people who unironically call themselves "pre-med" when they're just bioscience students hoping to get in to graduate medicine
>tfw reading statistics which show bioscience graduates have one of the smallest entrance ratios in graduate medicine

lmao

I'm a maths major hoping to do graduate Medicine, do you have a source for that last comment? I'd like to read it

Nah that's physics majors

>I've won the debate
>I won
Fucking lul'd my ass off.

Just drop out or switch to gender studies, you won't make it in chemistry either if light being a wave is too hard for you.

>Why are all pre-meds horrible people?
is it because they're all doing it for the money but act like they're some kind of humanitarian?

Hey faggots

>premed fag

That's everybody, you can get a BArts and still do the mcat and go to med school.

The difference is that doctors are actually necessary

Lawyers are basically just sophists

Let me Guess.
Brazil?

Biocalc? What the hell you learned in this class that a regular calc class doesn't offer?

Literally nothing more, only difference was that it was easier to get a good mark in

So what don't you learn in this class that a regular calc class offers

> Argues semantics over a Swedish fishing website
Damn. Premeds really are assholes.

That's the case probably in the every European country.