Why do people deny that IQ matters in daily life?

Why do people deny that IQ matters in daily life?

Fuck talking about IQ for the 10^10th time. I'm curious why Vietnam is so high on this graph.

Because there a high fraction of it's population is atheist. Next question

Why do people deny that chocolate consumption matters in science?

Why didn't they mark the countries on the left side tho?

It matters but except you are on the margins >140 the impact can be really subtle.

Because there isn't a plausible causal mechanism proposed, user, unlike with IQ. Don't you feel silly for making such a foolish statement now?

So I did some quick research and the reason is retarded. Whoever gathered the data determined that the local religion followed by 45.2% of the people is atheism when it clearly is not. Kinda seems like a type of ancestor worship combined with many minor deities.
They also found that 29.6% of people identify as atheist in the true sense of the word.

Cuba and Vietnam ex communist countries, atheism was enforced. Also the highest country on the graph is Singapore and a reason why that could be an outlier is that its very authoritarian compared to similar countries.

"It's obvious, duh" - /pol/science

that doesn't include every country with reliable data just a hand picked few

Found the German mad about his ineffective chocolate consumption

It's not about how much you consume but also how much you enjoy it's consumption, Germans are kind-of hamstrung because eating chocolate necessitates taking the ball gag out of their mouth.

How does being an atheist impact your daily life?

fucking based. op btfo

lmao, but then took things a bit too far. Chill, dude.

>>"It's obvious, duh" - /pol/science

>>>/leftypol/

>anyone who doesn't agree with pol is the polar opposite
wew laddy

>but everyone who does agree with pol is a polack
ah yes

But you didn't propose a causation for that correlation.

The causation for IQ correlation has been heavily studied and duplicated, so its safe to say that IQ matters in life.

If scientist found a correlation between chocolate consumption and numerous cognitive and life attainment measures, that would be something interesting to investigate.

But all you posted was a vague correlation thats inherently meaningless on its own. A correleation that can easily be manipulated since its based on "nobel lauretes per 10 million", when changing that to "nobel lauretes per a million" or "nobel laurete per captia" would completely change the whole thing.

I hate anti-/pol/ faggots so much.

Because in daily life it doesn't matter.

If you're born in third world """shithole""" with a high IQ it means fuck all because you still have to depend on straight up luck to get anywhere. Let alone finding a way out of said shithole you were born in.

Meanwhile if you're born in a first world nation you still have to depend on luck that a.) your high IQ comes with an applicable talent preferably related to STEM, Medicine, Law or Economics. And/or b.) you were born in a affluent family with either deep pockets or connections. Otherwise you'll be stuck running in the rat races of academia, private labor market or military.

Uh huh. Now explain exactly how "nobel lauretes [sic] per 10 million" would correlate differently than "nobel lauretes [sic] per a million" or "nobel lauretes [sic] per capita". Try to remember that you're on the math board right now.

Oh wow it's exactly the same.

>how could not relying on a nonexistent bearded overlord for everything from relationship advice to morality affect your everyday life?

It's honestly very dangerous. Any time I hear a Christcuck preach about God and Joesph's wife's son. I want to lie down in front of a speeding pope mobile, because I can't believe people are that dumb.

Hey, now, maybe do a correlation between chocolate consumption and GDP per capita. And then GDP per capita with IQ and nobel lauriate numbers.

You're actually arguing for OP, not against him, by suggesting even something as trivial as chocolate consumption is heavily influenced by IQ.

...and gold watches cause fatness,
and intoxicating drinks all have water as their main ingredient.

Seriously, chocolate correlates with wealth and wealth enhances science research.

Other way around. Chocolate consumption influences IQ. The more chocolate you eat, the more intelligent you are. That's why all the diabetes ridden, over weight, man children Veeky Forums users are so smart.

>wow haha so funny
go back to ribbit fuckface

You posted a case of indirectly correlated parameters that have a clear causative link, and are now wondering how you got BTFO.

I didn't post that. That was like 12 hours ago.

>original post by: anonymous
>your post by: anonymous
huh?

How much chocolate can kill an 80 kg man.

>I m leejun
>expec payback
>memory of elephant

Like, 1 Hershey's bar if it's going fast enough.

About 0.5 grams, if fired from a hypervelocity coilgun in a vacuum.

>memory of elephant
Elephants have good memory you jewnigger

>We are anonymous
>We are legion
>We do not forgive
>WE DO NOT FORGET (MUCH LIKE A FUCKING ELEPLANT, YOU STUPID FUCKING SHAFT RIDING COCK)
>Expect us
Ur lucky you know that m8? I'd kill you with a fucking Hershey's bar if I got the chance.

>what are whipple shields
good luck, brainlet

no one denies IQ matters in daily life. but myself, im denying a high IQ means youre smart, thats all

found the fatty

>But you didn't propose a causation for that correlation.
Neither did OP. He just made a vague (= unrefutable/unscientific) general statement

Yes, correlation proves nothing, who would have known?

i don't remember seeing a single thread about IQ before all the political nonsense.

it's an odd fixation

It's a red pilling tactic to bring up IQ a fuck ton. Genetic determinism, IQ posting, etc was important to imbue in Veeky Forums culture as a seed to make it more predominant in the minds of people.

>Genetic determinism, IQ

most people are probably conscious of this even if they don't admit it. it's already in the front of peoples minds.

seems like more of a triage strategy to me. but what do i know.

more like germad

/pol/, just go back to your containment board. You will never be good at math or science, and your autism will never get eaten up here.

How come they can't figure out how to rotate the text?

-->r/iamverysmart

Or /x/ where athiests belong

Because the u.s. comes out with the best science yet their chocolate eating is middle tier

>its based on "nobel lauretes per 10 million", when changing that to "nobel lauretes per a million" or "nobel laurete per captia" would completely change the whole thing
LMAO

nigga yew dum. wut yew guna dew if sum nigga decides hes guna smak yo grils ass? what yew guna be liek "but muh exothermic reactions" or sum shit while she getting butt fucked?!?!?

because people in wealthier country eat more chocolate, you brainlet

if you have high IQ, you can come up with innovative ways to overcome the bad circumstances you were born into

Oh...

The data is correct.

But look, you fucktard... its not the reason you think.

Youre a moron....

... and have a lot in common with people infected with Ascariasis.

If the data shows you some effect, you should be looking for a proximal cause to base a hypothesis on.

Not making up some answers and presenting it as a theory. Thats not a theory. Thats made up bullshit.

GTFO of Veeky Forums you dumb cunt

Because nobody wants to think of himself as average or retarded

I really don't see how giving up that piece of personal information is anyhow necessarily in society.

Because realizing, that whole world is stupid is painful, not pleasure.

Honestly, I think it's because of niggers being dumber.

If all races had the same average IQ the validity of IQ would we accepted by everyone.

>If all races had the same average IQ the validity of IQ would we accepted by everyone.

It wouldn't though because at it's core IQ is automatically setup to be akin to tribalism. Even if it was only just one race different sects of said race would have a shit ton of infighting, desperate to pick apart any traits that could cause an "us" vs "them" mentality. You see this in homogeneous societies throughout history in the form of politics and religion. Multiple races just make it easier to ignore the innate futility of the matter because everyone is looking for a "fall guy" to blame just like the statement you started with above in your post.

No, you're wrong, most people believe that within the same population you have smart people and dumb people. It's just when you're comparing different populations that people get triggered.

There is ALWAYS at least one active IQ thread on Veeky Forums, and they ALWAYS hit bump limit. Denying the obvious just makes you seem desperate.

Except IQ isn't as simple as smart and dumb. It's a tier system notated by "deviations" from the average. Which exacerbates the tribalism of it because it isn't clean-cut.

Also IQ or intelligence differences was already a topic that triggered people back in late 1800's early 1900's in Europe and parts of America before it was applied to non-europeans.

>You're actually arguing for OP
Wrong. See pic.

learn how correlation works you double nigger

>>>/reddit/
where redditors belong

>Because there isn't a plausible causal mechanism proposed
OP didn't propose one either though

c o m m u n i s m

So the US, Netherlands, Finland, Australia, Canada, Belgium adn Japan aren't wealthy?

because IQ is not science

>the world is fair

He didn't imply that though. The world is not fair. High IQ people overcome the unfairness

but the world is VERY unfair

Right. It's highly unfair because you need a high IQ to overcome the unfairness

Yes, very high intelligence. And you will waste time doing so. By that moment you would rather live a comfy life than doing scientific discoveries

Exactly. IQ is pseudoscience.

Why the fuck is this even an argument. How can you argue against IQ being a significant factor. Yes, there are millions of other significant factors, but that does not alter what IQ impacts.

How do you fire chocolate from a coilgun? It's not magnetic. It might be slightly diamagnetic, but at that point you're gonna need a fucking huge coilgun from hell.

You could fire it as a solid chocolate thin penetrator with a discarding sabot of iron that is used to accelerate the penetrator but falls off after firing.

Because they have average-below average IQs and are quite literally too stupid to realize how important it is. They kind of see IQ as just being two letters and a number. It's usually a really good indication that someone has at most an average IQ when they kind of seem to think it's silly- every person I've met who thinks this way has had an IQ less than 115.

Arguing about whether or not IQ as we currently measure it is irrelevant. IQ may or may not reflect a person's true intelligence, however it does measure something, and that something correlates well with success in all avenues of life, so we may as well call it intelligence.

People like Richard Feynman and Stephen Hawking?

Nice try though brailet.

I've always thought it was kind of ridiculous to think that something as complex as human intelligence could be quantified by a single number

>A correleation that can easily be manipulated since its based on "nobel lauretes per 10 million", when changing that to "nobel lauretes per a million" or "nobel laurete per captia" would completely change the whole thing.
Wow...

worse than that is thinking a test made almost on an arbitrary way has any accuracy

also anyone have enough intelligence to take an IQ test and score well, those people are just not trying at all

Because it is hard to admit to yourself that you may have a biological upper limit on your most interesting ability (that sets you apart from animals).

People need hope, no matter how irrational it is.

That data set is strange. Where is Chad, for example?

>IQ is everything

I don't think so.
It's literally just how much working memory you have in your brain.

Then you might as well call conscientiousness intelligence too as it correlates better with success than raw IQ.

I REALLY don't like this graph.
Almost all of these countries are European, and they're heavily interlocked culturally.

There's even a schism between Western and Eastern Europe on this shit.

>working memory
>IQ
What?
>also anyone have enough intelligence to take an IQ test and score well, those people are just not trying at all
Wrong, unless you're doing an online meme test
A lot of average or stupid people even have a disdain for intelligence. They want to be normal to fit in and belong to their community.

You can only make intuitive connections if you can hold the variables in your brain.

The easiest path will reveal itself if you can see it because 1+1=2, but if you can't see it you'll always be trying 1+1=2.5

You guys dont even know wgat intelligence is. Its an ill defined social construct. By the nature of the complexity of the brain and out own faulty intuitions we will never get a construct that satisfies what you seek to measure (because you cant even define it). Atleast iq has some predictove validity and the g factor isnt completely arbitrary. Tbh i imagine many cognitive tests share an arbitrariness.

Because it makes them feel better.

I hear South is nice this time of year

Almost as nice as OewaZeeland

>all these IQ deniers
sad

Implying only idiots believe in god.
>mfw Jews have highest average IQ

/the end

He's keeping an eye on the Niger.

>implying most jews aren't atheists

When someone is being smug I feel the need to disagree with them.
What's the scientific explanation for this?

That's simply being human