youtube.com/watch?v=qvyboGryeA8
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZHQObOWTQDPD3MizzM2xVFitgF8hE_ab
youtube.com/watch?v=Fnfh8jNqBlg&list=PLlXfTHzgMRUKXD88IdzS14F4NxAZudSmv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

60% fail it at my school.

I know, I know.
Just stick to it
Eventually you look back on it and think, meh that was pretty doable

You are likely to be failing because of poorly approach to solve exercises, bad studying habits and disorganization of both your notes and exercises.

Literally organize yourself, and your grades will improve.

Lol brainlet

im sorry, but what about it is hard exactly?

Fuck you for insulting my intelligence.

the proofs

it is easy
you don't have to prove anything yourself, you just have to understand
It's just practice, do 67 billion questions

if linear algebra is so easy then solve this mr. genius

They go fast assuming you already saw a lot of it in high school.

They already reduced it for you, finding the kernel is easy. We're not doing your homework for you.

It's easy but a lot of schools use shitty books.

use Strang

e6=-2e5 or e6=e5=0
3e3=-e4 or e3=e4=0
e1=-e2 or e1=e2=0

[math]x=x_2\begin{bmatrix}-1 \\ 1 \\ 0 \\ 0 \\ 0 \\ 0 \end{bmatrix}+x_4\begin{bmatrix} 0 \\ 0 \\ -3 \\ 1 \\ 0 \\ 0 \end{bmatrix}+x_6\begin{bmatrix} 0 \\ 0 \\ 0 \\ 0 \\ -2 \\ 1 \end{bmatrix}[/math]

WHAT THE FUCK IS A NULL SPACE???

The null space (kernel) of a matrix A is the set of all vectors x such that Ax=0

The set of vectors that output 0 in a linear transformation.

Is lin alg the official distinction between brainlets and geniuses?

i have a linear algebra exam tomorrow.
used these vids to study:

youtube.com/watch?v=qvyboGryeA8

i have skiped most of the lectures and i still feel confident, check the channel, it's so helpful

wtf bro I just failed my online quiz thanks a lot...

So what does being organized mean, as far as notes and exercises? Like keep everything in a binder? Right now I keep my hand outs in a folder and my written notes in a notebook.

don't worry, I'm a graduate and I still don't know what a dual really is.

Lol idiot, you got it wrong

brainlet detected

are you fucking serious

Plug the 2nd into the top equation
>3+4=0
so you need to fuck with e1 and e2
e1+e2=-12
so let e1=e2=-6 (all other value are just added combinations of first nullspace vector)

Plug the 3rd into the second equation
>-3=0
so you need to fuck with e3 and e4 so
e3+3e4=3
let e4=1
Plug the new 3rd into the top equation
+15=0
so you need to fuck with e1 and e2
e1+e2 = -15
so let e1=-8 e2=-7

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I FEEL YOU OP
wtf is a good studying habit??
is writing a summary, doing the homework sheets again, and then doing previous exams good for exam preparation?

It's the proofs for me. You literally need that spark of creativity to solve them, no amount of study can help you on the harder problems.

It's not that hard user kun. Just sit your ass and study instead complain on this chinese imageboard.

90% of Veeky Forums are brainlets who think linear algebra is just matrix algebra

thats the one where I stopped watching yesterday...thanks you fucking creep

>he cant find the null space of an already row reduced matrix
this is literally like basic basic lin algebra. wtf dude

prof never even fucking explained what a god damn null space is

>expecting the professor to actually teach
Well there's your problem

lin alg is the kind of thing a textbook can teach you pretty well

what the fuck am I supposed to do then?! i already complained to the department head like 5 times about my old fart professor

this

wait until you get to Weyl and Clifford Algebra, brainlet.

If your textbook focuses on matrices more than mappings, then it's trash and you should pick a better one.
Axler's book is God tier. And so are 3Blue1Brown's videos.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZHQObOWTQDPD3MizzM2xVFitgF8hE_ab

Seriously watch that. You won't regret it.

Biofag here. Took linear algebra last year (not lin alg for engineers or some other brainlet shit, it was lin alg for first year mathematics students) and it was pretty easy, I aced it. I guess you simply must be a brainlet my friend.

x2*(-1,1,0,0,0,0) + x4*(-7,0,3,1,0,0) + x6*(-8,0,3,0,-2,1)

matrices are functions. A 4 by 6 matrix will get a 6-dimensional vector as input and give a 4-dimensional vector as output. Ax=0 can be read as A(x)=0. More explicitly, it's asking what set of vectors 'x' go through A and return the vector (0,0,0,0).

Null space is just space of solutions for ax=0
Just pay attention and read the book you nigger.

We also said not to be a brainlet.

a has to be zero then when x is not 0 but I tried that and its not working...

rref, span

It's the space of ALL solutions you fucking brainlet. Get the fuck out of here and read a fucking book you ugly white cunt.

>a has to be zero then when x is not 0 but I tried that and its not working...
holy shit nigga, what the fuck are you learning in linear algebra that they didn't even teach you that A*B = 0 doesn't requires that A or B be equal to 0?

homogenous
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Its beautiful and easy if you know math notation and easier if you're not a brainlets. Don't worry m8, I bet you ain't a brainlet. And just know analysis is way harder so don't worry

Veeky Forums always speaks the opposite of the truth.

OP confirmed for giga-brainlet

Use Linear Algebra done right masterrace.

I don't even know what the fuck I'm looking at and it doesn't look too hard. Lemme guess you have parents so you get to go to college while I'm stuck at Wendy's making 9.25 an hour with a 140 iq haha damn this life is funny

Jealousfag

>140 iq haha damn this life is funny
yeah ok

Independent research. Trust me, I know it sucks, but they've got you by the balls. Just do what you have to do and don't count on the school or the professor for jackshit because they do not care about you, your education, or your future. You might as well be on your own. It just so happens that they hold that piece of paper that you need necessitating that you continue doing business with them.

Says the nigger who can't math. My 35 on the ACT is probably more of an accomplishment than anything you'll do lol. But yeah you're smarter cuz college

Linear algebra problems require almost no creativity. They are as straightforward as they come.

If you're an actual genius you should be studying programming. You can get a good programming job with less than 4 year self-study.

If your test scores are actually that good you could have gone:
PSAT -> National Merit Scholar -> full ride to one of several schools

>tfw 1390 on psat in 2017
>tfw NMS selection index for recognition was placed 2 points above what mine was
But hey at least my dad was from mexico so I got hispanic recognition and a smaller scholarship wew lad. Additionally thank you hispanohablante niggers for being so stupid

>my ACT score is my biggest accomplishment
2 years from now you'll remember this post and instantly blush from the embarrassment

Why aren't you going to college, nigger?

You didn't go to college, you would have gotten a full ride with your "35". So you're a faggot brainlet, so you have no accomplishments. That "35" is outshined by your retartedness and bitter jealousy

>Doesn't know how check answers.
Fuck man. Why are you taking a math based program?

It's the set of linear transformations to the scalar field.

This is university my dude. You need to learn how to learn and how to solve problems.

then you have a huge problem, mate. what the fuck are you doing?
>inb4 you didn't even study math

spend your time studying hoffman & kunze instead of complaining

Perhaps the "you have parents" could have clued you in on my situation and a test score being more significant than anything you've done is something you should be blushing about. But yeah I'm a nigger for being busy trying to support myself with no degree in a world where dick scrubbers need a bachelor's

Yeah I'm trying to learn coding in my spare time. I need to move though middle of nowhere has no coding gigs

Got get an associates in math, then transfer to a UNI but first shut the fuck up a person with a 100+ IQ would have already been enrolled at a community college at *least*

never trust anyone when they say shit like this,

>omg ochem is so easy
>ochem1:
yeah easy
>ochem2:
not bad
>ochem3:
fuck this shit, i'm just going to major in software eng.

>the professor is never to blame
>you pay him $50k to do jack shit
>"hurr durr independent learning!"
Why even pay his fat bearded ass then?

No u dick. Go suck your dad's dick for more money for your useless education because you know damn well you don't need or deserve it because you're a nigger retard who can't solve simple problems or even deduce any coherency from plain English. If you think I'm just sitting on my ass instead of working toward eventually being your owner some day, your ass will be so unprepared it will expand so quickly you'll be nothing but shreds of a once functioning asshole so you better suck that dick good and hard and work on your little matrix problems while you still have an ass to sit on because I'm comin for you u lil bitch. This site is full of niggers who can't math that don't even belong in college, while simultaneously decrying anyone who lacks the support to study instead of work. Buncha fuckin soyboys cosplaying rednecks. You have a head start. I'm still gonna fuck your ass in the end. You hear me nigger? U better run

Holy shit this is like a C+ pasta thanks
You precious little child

it is

I got a 2150 on SAT, it doesn't mean shit unless you do something with it now get me my extra large fries, brainlet.

Imagine thinking professors can actually teach better than MIT opencourseware or other online tools. The reason we pay and go to uni is for the degree cuz it looks good to blue pilled normies who think need a degree for anything. You're a brainlet, user.

CS graduate here, guys like you are lucky to bring me my coffee.

Man these Veeky Forumserers, i knew i should have listened to them, their advice is shit. I had chosen pure theoretical physics and now im a neet, that has the ability o shitpost aon a board, and disus fucking Veeky Forumsence hiposters that dont know shit about it.
I suppose you could say i am suCCesful on my field.

t. brainlet

Fuck Sal Khan.
Watch Angry Video Game Nerd's lectures
youtube.com/watch?v=Fnfh8jNqBlg&list=PLlXfTHzgMRUKXD88IdzS14F4NxAZudSmv

God, Veeky Forums is so easy to troll

Can someone explain how to transform matrices to linear mappings vice versa? Prof never cared to explain that shit

Not the dude you're talking to, but honestly LA is the first math class you'll take where it's worth it to add notecards to your study methods. There are a lot of straight up facts about different structures that build the foundations for a lot of things that are just worth memorizing for the sake of climbing that learning curve. It's a lot like playing an instrument for the first time. You gotta memorize a lot of new things, but picking up stuff later will come more naturally.

This is linear algebra? I had to utilize vectors and their products for a piece of software I patented so learned this in a jiff...

Although I breezed through calc 1 and 2 without studying.

Multilinear algebra is really fucking difficult

I never met my dad and my mother passed away when I was 7. And I still got my degree, so fuck you and your sob story. Anything is possible if you really want it. It was hard af but it can be done

the joke is on you

Is it true that Hoffman & Kunze is the most comprehensive textbook about Linear Algebra? Are the exercises good? Somebody please respond.

It is a really great book. My LA course used it.

can you guys help me with this please?!

I need to get this done by tonight or else I fail my quiz please guys I literally havent gone to class at all im so lost

eigenvalues or something

It really is that simple, you are just a faggot retard.

> I literally havent gone to class at all im so lost
You deserve this, show up for class.

you can plug that into some online calcuator

wolfram can probably do it

>tfw I don't get linear algebra
>when I say this people here think I'm new to math and don't know how to study
>am years into a math degree

I just don't get it

One of the goals of math is reducing shit to a linear algebra problem because it's easy as fuck.

solve linear equations

done