Where does one start with existentialism?

Where does one start with existentialism?

Reddit recommended "Gordon Marino's Basic Writings of Existentialism"

Read The Stranger. It's really easy, I literally finished it in a day and I struggle to read very fast at all.

Ecclesiastes and Camus' The Fall are probably good.

>reddit

I want my Veeky Forums back, where even mentioning your first goto is that pleb-hole shut a thread down.

test

Nietzsche's beyond good and evil

reddit's better or as bad as 4chin now.

Veeky Forums's endless frog-posting and other assorted bullshit

start with the essay by Jean-Paul Sartre Existentialism is a Humanism. Its a very good introductory guide to existentialism and to Sartre. existence precedes essence et al. You can get the essay on the internet easy peasy

you sound like a nu-faggot who doesnt know how to hide threads, and reply to good content. It was always like this or worse. When a community of supposedly adult readers jerk off over ender's game, it has nothing to do with me.

i've been on the chans since 2008

r/philosophy r/literature etc are objectively better than Veeky Forums. if you minimize all the offtopic threads on Veeky Forums you lose 73% of the board

Fuck Satre.

This.

Sartre shut me off philosophy for years, because I tried starting with him. My mistake, of course, but I was a brainlet. Sartre is NOT a good starting point, OP.

Start with and . If you haven't read Stoics, read them too.

Except that's Absurdism.
For chronology start with Kierkegaard or Notes from the Underground.
Otherwise just pick up a history of philosophy, read it and move to the individual existentialists you wanna see.

Ask yourself if you should kill yourself, this is the only real question.

Then the mods need to moderate and get rid of the frogposters, race baiting, and leery booktube threads. So what if it makes the board slow, what's left would be actual discussion of literature.

THIS

other boards are moderated well and kept on-tpoic

'Thus Spoke Zarathustra'

>le kill yourself because its the only way we can unfuck our colossal fuckup xDDDD

nope, reap what you've sown

The Myth of Sisyphus, Reason and Existenz, The Ethics of Ambiguity.

the man has literally caused the downfall of man all by himself and his purposeless reality.

how does that work, is it some kind of reverse jesus thing?

Holy trigger warning, baitman

Explain to me why Sartre is not advisable as a starting point. I will admit I have only read the essay and the novel 'Nausea' so maybe I dont have the credentials to suggest him but I didnt find anything wrong with him