How pure math is not just glorified puzzles?

How pure math is not just glorified puzzles?
Is there anything more meaningless than pure math?

People spent their whole life spans playing intellectual games and pretend that they do something important. That makes me laugh. This reminds me of these idiot chess players who thinks high of themselves.
Mathematicians and chess players are the same worthless idiots.

We'll chess is game theory so your rite

We see this literally every day. You need to try harder.

Ur rite man these math majjor brainlets are ruining sci, there so arrogant they think they are as smart as us liberal arts majorss.

Do you listen to music? Do you appreciate the works of Beethoven, or any other musician or music group? Artists never produce work because its practical, yet the musical compositions of many are appreciated almost universally. Similar is the case with pure mathematics.

Why should practicality be the only determinant of value? Are you some kind of robot?

lmao no normie gives a fuck about maths beyond their sudoku puzzles you spazz

>implying normies should be the standard here

>This post condemns pure mathematics
>Hold on a unit of quantized time, I'm a mathematician
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING CS MAJOR FAGGOT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

seppuku puzzles are fucking hard

math is literally a liberal art and a liberal arts majors

are you such a brainlet that you hear "art" and think theater, english, drawing?

Mathematicians develop all kinds or pre-made patterns that we working people can use to solve real world problems. Most of them are pretty useless but as a species they're giving us a fair bit of value. Certainly enough to chuck a few dollars of gibs their way so they don't starve.

I like this post.

With this kind of thinking, you could argue that anything outside of food production and reproduction is pointless. Mathematicians simply do something that they enjoy doing and that's the same with every other field. In the end, most pursuits are meaningless but that doesn't stop people from doing what they like.

How is arguing to defend a conclusion not just a glorified puzzle?
Is there anything more meaningless than logic and reason?

People spent their whole life spans playing intellectual games and pretend that they do something important. This reminds me of these idiot shitposters who thinks high of themselves.
OP and shitposters are the same worthless idiots.

But mathematics has made humans much more capable at both food production and reproduction. Are you one of those retards who thinks evolution does not apply to humans? What the fuck do you think civilization is?

>glorified puzzles
>implying there is glory in Math
L0Lno fgt pls

George Boole created a bunch made up rules that resembled more phylosophy than anything else, and sat unused by about two hundred years. Now they are an important part of the foundation that makes it possible that you create this worthless thread.
In the start of the 19th century, a bunch of bored englishmen started thinking about some hot new recreational paper foldinh brough from Asia (Origami). The models they created to study what kinds of folds were possible are now used to design solar pannels to sattelites.
And of course number theory, sat over 2000 years unsed. Today it lies at the heart of cryptography.
And there are many other such examples.

True. My favorite part is when they claim high ground for deriving a result that has been known for over 40 years from physics and call it new, innovative and their own work.

Number theory is used nowhere by nobody. Cryptography doesn't and has never and will never use number theory, which is astrology and not even a liberal art, let alone a science.

Nobody asked to see your face, retard.

This is the exact reason why I've decided to abandon a career doing research in theoretical physics.

I can support the geniuses who revolutionize their fields, because often their work can be translated into more productive things. But the average theorist? The average mathematician? I just don't see their value.

At least my bus driver in the morning makes a measurable impact on my day.

cool story bro

The chemical elements are pure number. Cascading from unity to chaos..(uranium) Formed from harmonic vibrations of one thing. What is that thing? It's 1. Unity....Number is the basis of all existence, namely a wave with a frequency compared to another wave with a different length and frequency. That's how things know what to do so to speak. Comparing the scales and differences in numbers is every action and observation that will ever exist in this universe. Sadly limiting to us because I estimate that other methods of information storage and processing exists in other higher dimensional based universes. Put it this way, this particular universe appears as if it is a testing ground for information storage integrity over time. Look at the example ...evolution...DNA...proteins... Now digitised storage methods are worldwide. Hard drives... DVD...USB...What is next? Human memory uses a storage and retrieval system that acts like a hologram. Think about this....it's all number because it's all differentiation from one another to identify one from another. Be obsessed with numbers because there are secrets and information within their structure that can blow your mind. Not to mention the relationship between number and language....another miraculous coincidence...I think not.. Research back to Pythagoras complete view of the universe...if you haven't looked it's quite amazing and eye opening. And the tetractys, just meditate on it and feel what I'm talking about.

Thanks bro

You're welcome bro I love you

Bro, when I told that story I felt so vulnerable and fragile. But you listened bro. Thanks for making this special moment with me.

Yeah fuck the average mathematician. It's already been done. Progressive use of number is the next step..design..art..engineering and energy production. An electrical engineer is pretty much a mathematician that went full on active about his works. Build shit, draw shit, make shit, talk shit...but give it structure through numbers and it will obviously be superior than the other guy with a narcissistic complex and thinks he's the next genius of Earth. Everything is simple, unified and geometric fractal perfection from nature. The numbers used in that design is where you want to be looking.

get a room homos

Fucking brainlets Plato was literally right there is no material reality it's all mathematics. Physishits keep stroking your cocks looking for some grand unified theory that doesn't matter because the material coil is pointless.

You want to tag along with us? :P

Pure math exists solely for the purpose of training our attention spans in order to study philosophy.

>An electrical engineer is pretty much a mathematician
lol

>pl*tonist
lmao

You have no idea what you're talking about.

It's just fun and you know nice to know why that number acts like that.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win

when you add the A in STEM to make STEAM, you get this guy

>Cryptography doesn't and has never and will never use number theory
as a troll, you have failed.

>How pure math is not just glorified puzzles?
It is just glorified puzzles, correct.
>Is there anything more meaningless than pure math?

But here is where you show your ignorance. The whole point of studying math at a university is to have professors who will teach you how to choose and/or find the meaningful puzzles.

Because formalism won long ago, literally anything can be math. But the whole point of talking to mathematicians is so that you can learn what meaningful problems are around. Your professors will teach you the general basics of analysis, algebra, and topology so that you can speak like a mathematician. Then in grad school, you will have an advisor who will show you papers that actually matter, and try to stir you in a direction where you can make meaningful contributions.

Remember, it helps no one to be reductive.