Applied Philosophy

Face it Veeky Forums math is just applied philosophy. Numbers are arbitrary. Proofs are just classical logic. It is a way of describing our world just as philosophers do.

Negative.

Math... lets say numbers are more fundamental than philosophy.

Except philosophy is more fundamental. Try describing the essence of reality itself with numbers...

You're saying that as though it's a pejorative. It's not, philosophy is the only actual thing that matters, engineer brainlet.

logic describes relations between qualities and math descibes relations between quantities

engineering is applied physics are you really this demented?

>engineering is applied physics

And applied:
Computer science
Chemistry
Biology
Sociology
Psychology
Geology

Daily reminder that anything applied Is better than autistic theory

An emergent product of language. Everything is applied linguistics if rationality stems from the use of ever more descriptive words

I think I see your point but you could have phrased it better. Mathematics definitely comes from a foundation of logic and philosophy and would not exist without them.

This
Without language there is no math or physics.

>Fundamentals is same as the field itself
I don't have a brainlet wojac that goes with your retardation.

>Numbers are arbitrary.
How many fingers am I holding up?

I think math and philosophy aren’t that different. It’s like math being another language and both try to describe the essence of reality, just from different points of view. IMO they crave the same goal only in other ways.

Maths are just advanced logic

Fuck off brain/lit/

Neither of them tries to study something as ridiculous and meaningless as "the essence of reality"

Face it OP, you're just a retard.

>This

wrong

False

>Applied sociology
>Applied psychology
Social engineering?

Get image first.

Provide me with a logic which can be utilized to prove all of mathematics.

Provide time to do so...

Would potentially infinite time do it?

Philosophy is a game with objectives and no rules. Mathematics is a game with rules and no objectives.

Math is poetry for people who are only smart, and philosophy is garbage written and consumed by posers.

Wouldn't "no rules" itself be a rule?

Philosophy creates the game and its rules.

>using negative to mean wrong
OP's statement is absolutely negative.

Philosophy is not a game, is an activity.

Both math and philosophy are in the path of creativity, both are creative activities, expressions/manifestations of creativity, ... (or how is put into words what i mean).

philosophy is just vaguely using natural language, fucking sociology is more fundamental.

You seem to be confusing Logicians and philosophers, there is a massive difference between the two.

All I know is I instinctively want to punch philosophy majors. They think they're on the woke path when really it's a whole bunch of garbage. I've spent tons of time reading and thinking philosophically but ultimately the opposite of thinking is doing. You can try to think about stuff but if you don't balance it with actually doing things, eventually your thoughts will stagnate and you'll have nothing

basically politics?