Has to study for tests

>has to study for tests
>asks questions in class
>goes to office hours

If you fall into this category you're a brainlet

>chooses to study for tests
>chooses to ask questions in class
>chooses to go to office hours

If you do not fall into this category you're a brainlet.

>Professor finishes describing a topic, "So X is kind of like Y"
>Greasy haired, bearded male raises his hand
>"So professor, if you have something that's kind of like a Y, then in these circumstances you could say that X is similar to it?"
>Professor pauses a moment and takes a deep breathe
>"Yeah"

Why is there so much "if you have to do any studying at all and cant fully comprehend a subject in the first 3 seconds after hearing it, youre dumb" psychological warfare on this board?

Im convinced Veeky Forums is just one giant psyops by the cia

Brainlet detected.

>Science & Math

>posts anime

dumb undergrads thinking they're hot shit for acing diff eqs and E&M

Does it count as studying if I just do the hw right before the test?

only brainlets would think they are smart for not studying, if you are smart you should make an even bigger gap between you and other people

>goes to office hours

What do you even do there? Just chitchat with the prof? I've never even considered going because I'm a sperg. Maybe if you're trying to network or something but shitdamn it sounds fucking stupid.

we have been found out boys

fucking hell

>office hours

Why are professors in america tortured like this

They have those in EU too, at least in binlan they do. I don't think anyone ever goes there though.

Ask questions about course material? Ask for help with homework? Ask about something that you want to know more about? Ask for advice on succeeding in school/your future career?

I come to Veeky Forums for all of the above, not need to waste my prof's time.
I wouldn't want some sperg to run in to my office to "chat" with me. Do unto others... and all that.

Why do you need to do this if you are a self-disciplined scholar? Do you think any intellectual revolutionary did this?

>clarifying in own words and not be the virgin desk-starer
>giving the prof a break

If you don't participate in class there is zero chance you are using university properly and think class interaction is solely about grades

>if you are a self-disciplined scholar
What does this have to do with anything? You have to be a fool to waste the opportunity of having a leading expert right in front of your eyes and not ask him your deeper questions about the subject.

Pro tip: If you don't have deeper questions about the subject, you are a brainlet.

>Do you think any intellectual revolutionary did this
All of them.

The other people who responded to you are absolutely right and I don't need to repeat what they said. I will add though, I seriously hope you don't trust the expertise of people here more than that of your professors.
Also stop worrying about what other people think. Almost all professors love it when students actually ask them shit and come to their office hours. They also like it when students treat them like people and have normal conversations with them. Hell I used to go to my favorite professor's office hours just because I didn't want to eat lunch alone and he was a cool guy to talk to. If he was too busy, he would tell me and I would let him work. Nobody was wasting anybody's time.

>Hell I used to go to my favorite professor's office hours just because I didn't want to eat lunch alone and he was a cool guy to talk to.

If you weren't banging roasties in the unisex wheelchair bathroom during lunch break then you are a virgin who didn't make the most of his time in community college

Don't remind me of what could have been

If you call others a brainlet, you're a brainlet.

pretty much desu