Space is so cool guys

Space is so cool guys

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uj3Lq7Gu94Y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compagnie_maritime_d'expertises)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-pressure_nervous_syndrome)
youtube.com/watch?v=OmcwW-8CC6E
twitter.com/kevinmgill
youtube.com/watch?v=HlmKejRSVd8&t=575s
youtube.com/watch?v=QfuK8la0y6s
niac.usra.edu/files/studies/final_report/510Maise.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's a planet, not space.

space isn't real, NASA is a propaganda machine designed to perpetuate the round-earth lie.

fuck space

If space isn't real then what's out there in space? Also is space only there at night?

space is gay

you're a faggot, space is gay and so are you

>NASA is a propaganda machine designed to perpetuate the round-earth lie.

this is true. all the brainlets don't even know what NASA stands for
National
American
Shill
Academy

space

God dam
I want to experience what it would be like to fall into that thing.

>what is it like to fall into a painting?

Ask mario

Now you can:

youtube.com/watch?v=uj3Lq7Gu94Y

You'll probably be dead before you hit the surface of Jupiter

its a gas planet, you'll fall right through as long as you have a proper gas mask (not a cheap amazon one)

space is big woah watch out for the black holes

>99.9999999999% of the universe is empty space

explain this

the space in between stuff gets bigger but the stuff doesn't?

Why hasn't the moon disappeared then?

the moon is being pulled into us faster then the space is expanding

Thank God for Gravity!

Space is the shit.

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are!
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.

*Tidal forces
If it were only gravity, then the moon would have been slung away a long time ago.
And is "God" another name for the person who discovered gravity, Newton?

You would die, long, long, long before hitting anything approximating a surface. The first issue is simply entering Jupiter's atmosphere, the Galileo probe went from 47.8 km/s to 0 in 2 minutes, translating to an acceleration of 40 g's. You probably aren't going to survive that. Assuming you have some magical way to safely slow down, what kills you is really a toss up between pressure and temperature.

Humans can survive pressures up to 70 bar(breathing a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen funnily enough), but it is unclear what a fast pressure increase would due to the human body.(en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compagnie_maritime_d'expertises)
What happens really depends on what gases the person is breathing during the descent and what they were breathing beforehand. The pressure increase rate(~3 bar a minute) is probably going to cause something like high pressure nervous syndrome(en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-pressure_nervous_syndrome) and that has the potential to kill you pretty soon in.

But even if you're in bathysphere, the temperature is going to kill you. 250 kilometers in, it's as hot as Venus. It's going to be very hard to get deeper than that. The whole experience probably wouldn't last much longer than a couple of hours.

I thought "tidal force" was gravity?

Gravity is a God, Newton was merely its messenger/prophet.

Space is for losers.

youtube.com/watch?v=OmcwW-8CC6E

If space is real then why has nothing from earth made it into space.
inb4 bait
iss cant be seen with telescopes, is digitally added, challenger shuttle was empty, theres never been an astronaut, satellites arent real its just waves bouncing off the ceiling which is why bad weather interferes with """""""satellite dishes"""""""" cause clouds get in the way. Tracking planes disappears as they go over the ocean because there arent radar out in the oceans and satellites dont exist. space is space but its not a place you or anyone you know or anyone who isn't lying has ever been to. Extraterrestrial photos like Mars or venus photos are photoshopped and just normal earth photos off in bumfuck nowhere with a bunch of dirt. Jupiter can be seen from earth with a telescope so theres no reason to think any doctoring occurs there with a powerful enough telescope. Photos of pluto were bs though. Nuclear fission to produce an explosion (nukes) doesnt exist. Gene modification doesn't exist. Atomic clocks don't exist. Time dilation doesn't exist. The speed of light doesn't exist. Your god is dead by suicide, the old king is dead long live the king. The medicinal field is a complete fabrication.

also jews did 9/11 and the holocaust never happened. Black lives dont matter and there is only one gender, women are property.

Fuck the knicks.

>tfw space is so massive that other intelligent life is surely out there
>tfw space is so spread out that we'll never get close to meeting other intelligent life

>Jupiter can be seen from earth with a telescope so theres no reason to think any doctoring occurs there with a powerful enough telescope
you can see jupiter with high power binoulars/zoom lenses, plus its moons, which appear to cycle as if in orbit. pic is time exposure i took. assuming space is mostly nasa lies, what are we seeing?

Lights.

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS.

Well, five, one is almost lost in the glare of Jupiter.

>iss cant be seen with telescopes

It can be seen with the naked eye, there are several websites you can Google that alert you when it is visible where you are.

It can be seen through amateur telescopes, but moves across the sky quickly and is hard to track with a telescope. But from time to time, it transits the sun or moon, and can be photographed if you get the timing right.

ive seen it before with the naked eye, it was really bright and fast. it was nowhere near the horizon at the time, it was almost straight above late at night. how does it get so bright?

That'sa big storm

is space even kosher?

Yeah this guy does cool photoshop, its a shame its not real
twitter.com/kevinmgill

youtube.com/watch?v=HlmKejRSVd8&t=575s
youtube.com/watch?v=QfuK8la0y6s

reminder to report flat earth shitposters instead of responding to them
in stopped being funny several fucking years ago

Give me a few minutes to draw you a picture.

Nah it's lame.

This is how light reflects. Remember this is 100% to scale. The blue Jew star is the ISS. The red arrow is where you're standing. The yellow steaks represent light and how it reflects off of stuff.

It's the final frontier

wat? thats during daytime. how is the iss visible at night when it is not near the horizon?

did you seriously just take a PHOTOGRAPH of a computer screen? I mean SERIOUSLY? Dude what the fuck.

What if Isis had a space program

what if space is full of water and a bunch of spacefish?

Learn 3 screenshot duderino

My bad I misunderstood you. Revised
What do you mean?

Use the print screen key on your keyboard and paste it into whatever paint program comes with your OS. Taking a photo of your computer screen is brainlet tier.

This is just an artist's representation.

Nah, I'm just giving you shit. I'm at work and can't post from the computer, so I phone post. It was easier to just take a snapchat of it and switch apps.

still not quite what i meant. how does the iss give off light in this situation?

Either that's not the situation, you didn't see the ISS, or you forgot what the moon was.

Ohhhh hold on.

This is lazy, but here. The only thing I could think of would be this.

thats some interesting sunlight.

i thought you should only be able to see satellites in the yellow zones i roughly drew here, near the horizon so that the sun can reflect off them. but ive seen satellites late at night, around midnight or 1am, looking up around a 60 to 70 degree angle from the horizon.

It could be light from anything. Light from the sun reflecting off the moon onto the sattelite. Lights from a major city etc. Also, remember the sun is big and the ISS is moving at 17,100 mph and sees 16 sunrises/sunsets a day. It would be hard to pick out what glint of light you saw from that friend.

>a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen
not a good idea to breathe high explosives

You don't see the ISS when it's in the Earth's shadow

So you can only see the ISS during the day or sunset?

You can see it during sunset or just after sunset (same with sunrise or just before sunrise). I saw it pass over once a bit after sunset (the sky was pretty much entirely dark) and you could see it disappear as it passed into the shadow of the earth. Pretty cool.

I use the Heavens Above application to track various satellites and sometimes I'll go out and look if they're passing over. I've seen the station dozens of times.

Fucking sci, man. A lesson in pedantry.

people have done it. People have breathed mixtures of hydrogen, helium, and oxygen at 70 bar. We're like 0.8% oxygen here.

there must be a level where pressure is survivable and you could explore it with jupiter plane or balloon for few hours before good ol rad poisoning kicks in

>2 hr

gud enough

even sightseeing tour only let you see places for like 30 min

tidal force is squishing moon into eggshape pointing at grav center, not pullibg the moon in

same mechanism that create tides

>surface of Jupiter

kek

This would be a one way sightseeing tour though. It would be extremely challenging to get back up. I mean you don't have to go as deep. One could also fly almost indefinitely in Jupiter using a nuclear ramjet:
niac.usra.edu/files/studies/final_report/510Maise.pdf

We're talking being able to fly long enough to circumnavigate jupiter many times.

You should travel more

how would traveling prove whether the earth was a sphere or flat?

Tidal forces are throwing the moon away from us, user. This will continue until both the earth and the moon will be tidally locked to each other, then tidal forces will cancel out and effectively disappear

>its a gas planet, you'll fall right through as long as you have a proper gas mask (not a cheap amazon one)
It has a metallic hydrogen core.

pressure might be fine but temperature sure as bloody fuck isn't

For you

hows radiation and thermal protection tho

The biggest issue is protecting the computer's from the reactor's radiation. It operates at an altitude low enough that Jupiter's radiation is not an issue, but high enough that the temperature is cold.

i love issac arthur.
no homo

You can see the station at night because the atmosphere bends light towards Earth. When you look at a sunrise for example, you're seeing the sun before it's physically even there.

Wait. I've been out of the loop for a while but I remember hearing the moon is actually moving away from the earth. I think the estimate was about 1 inch per year but still it's orbit is supposed to be widening.

>before it's even physically there

lol

this is the case, 1 inch per year (roughly) it will eventually fly out into space

Incorrect, eventually tidal forces will tidally lock the earth to the moon, at that point tidal forces will cancel and the moon will no longer drift away.

What's the difference?

benis

that only applies to around sunset/sunrise (if even true), what about seeing satellites hours after sunset?

>Assuming you have some magical way to safely slow down
>implying I'm not bringing my trusty parachute

Did you have any more pics. I love these.

/thread