Veeky Forums 2017 top 100 poll!

Hello Veeky Forums. It's me, the polling user from 2016. I'm back to host another poll of your top 100 books, so we can measure the progress of Veeky Forums's taste and get a chart to help beginners find new books.

If you're wondering why I'm doing this again so early, it's because Veeky Forums has the ugly tendency to succumb to memes (when I did the last poll, Alan Moore's Jerusalem was "in" and made the top 35 I think, which wouldn't have happened had we done it in a meme-free time). For another example, Bob Dylan won the nobel prize and dominated Veeky Forums's collective attention for a month or so. If I'd made the poll then we surely would've lost a lot of time to having to delete the "Blonde and Blonde" and "like a rolling stone" entries. not to hate on Dylan who I like, but it would've delayed progress. There don't seem to be any memes currently other than the longrunning ones, but they shouldn't affect the polling more than we can expect.

This time, I'm allowing 3 entries. The first gets 5 points (ie, 5 votes), the second gets 2, and the last gets only 1. That way you can give more weight to the books you like most, and we can get a more concise list that's easy to count and also factors in just how much ppl like certain books.

I've missed you Veeky Forums. Also, enjoy Joyce playing the guitar.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc2G-VEFDyLZb2ThRcLJwWrKY4zRMAO8FTqB3JG6AmGnu-LCw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/33dN9xf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

thanks user

another one? I doubt our taste has changed that much since the last.

you'd be surprised

I decided to start join Veeky Forums around the time the last poll wrapped up. I guess I didn't get much of a chance to read too much of the entries on that one. Right now I'm having a hard time as to what I'll be voting for entry number three.

voted; hopefully we get more women and minority authors on this list

How do you guys pronounce DFW?
I asked my friend if he knew who "deefuhwuh" was and he just got mad and threw The Pale King at me.

also I voted

Dee-Eff-Double-U

>lel

no bait here please

So, what about complete works? Let's say that I vote por Shakespeare's Complete Works, but someone else only votes for Othello. What happens then?

its not bait it's new sincerity

>select all the images with BOOKS

Only 3 books? This is going to be hard as hell.

voted.

Discuss, enjoy female or minorities writers just like you would the male counterpart. Just don't make a special parade for your 'oppressed writers'. Shoving an agenda down people's throat is as bad as the ones who won't read female writers.

thanks user

maybe I can make it up to my friend

>can nominate multiple times

WEW

This should be changed. I just voted 5 times

I just shilled American lit since I knew the Russians, muh Bible and the meme trilogy were all guaranteed spots in the top ten, and I'm a red-blooded patriot.

> Submit another response

Don't mind if I do...

The Trial, 1984, The Wasp Factory. Recommend me books based on my taste.

I did my duty as an american and as a democrat and voted.

the bible and the greeks because it's obvious you haven't read much and you need to start with the foundations

>sign into your google account
BOTNET REEEEEE

what does captcha mean to you? youre in the wrong place, kiddo

sorry i disabled it

Dana Fucking White, Doofus

don't forget to vote for your favourite shakespeare plays

Delet this thread and start over, OP

Shakespeare entries will likely be collated into a single entry.

with only 3 choices i'm shilling my favorite authors and you can't do anything about it

seriously...

>the bible
I'd honestly rather be peed on.

submitting multiple posts doesnt do anything except override your previous post

The art of the deal for all 3 entries

ok release the results, op

Ready Player One
The God Delusion
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

retards

you're all getting trolled

discord.gg/33dN9xf

simply epic :^)

dawkins...ugh.

yeah just pronounce every letter on it's own like in the alphabet song

voted eight times for the Percy Jackson series.

Whoa! I rail on redditors a lot, but credit where credit is due...

>hurr durr reddit

Deaf Dubs

Has the taste of shit become too familiar?

How the hell am I supposed to only pick three Harry Potter books?

We can only hope.

Hey polling faggot can we maybe get an update!?!?

dont count on it, the discord fags are the worst

I just say David Wallace so people don't think I'm aiming to be trendy

>original post posted at xx:02
>your post posted at xx:21
>discord posts are ALL xx:43
Wtf. Are you some kind of afghani fag with a messed up time zone? And why are they all posted at xx:43? Usually when you're discording, messages come at 30-1 minute intervals.

I'm kinda against this t.b.h.

You don't belong in lit.

right now there are 200 responses, big winners are ulysses, moby dick, doestoevsky, and gaddis.

Only Shakespeare entries? For example, if I write "Beckett's Complete Drama" and someone else writes "Waiting for Godot", what happens then? Will they also be collated?

You're dealing with discordfags here. Don't expect intelligence or consistency.

proofs?

Have you thought about making one of these for short stories? More than 90% of the entries on this poll always end up being novels/novellas

Also thanks user, you are doing god's work here

ceit's pretty intelligent

hi ceit

You're wrong.

sheep is the mod and hes easily the shittest poster on Veeky Forums

i guarantee 95% of "my diary desu" posts are him

shut up faggot

> shakespeare will be one (1) entry

fucking discordfags

what's the fucking point of the discord anyway? Joined a while a go and it was just a tripfag(?) called spaft talking some pseudo-intellectual garbage.

he's a pretty smart poster once you give him a chance actually, shame the other guys in the discord don't quite get what he's playing. Anyway, next time you or any other guys come in the discord, give him a hello and he'd be happy to help i'm sure

hi spaft

Fools! Quit mocking me. It's very clear that the mods at that server are just fucking cucks who cannot handle true intellectualism entering into their circlejerk!

dont know who spaft is but thats true of the discord in general, not only the mods

basically you have a to be a boring loser or else they call you a shitposter, every now and then one of them will parrot some cheap opinion of harold bloom's

OP influencing the vote with his Joyce image, pure bullshit.

Probably. Weird thing is if you go back far enough in warosu, it was probably Luna who started the whole my diary t b h thing.

Stop this fucking masturbatory trash. After the list's top 15 you get between 8 and 3 responses per work. The chart means nothing. And then you fucking run to imgur, and we get more threads complaining about racism and raving about ready player one. These charts are the worst thing to happen to the board.

The discord is just an insular off-topic /soc/ circlejerk except they get angry when someone outside the circle doesn't discuss books or their brand of shitposting

>The discord is just like every discord ever

People who discuss books they've read, even if out of the usual tastes, or even if they interpret things unconventionally, are perfectly welcome. Most people there are even welcoming to caela, despite him/her/it being rather self obsessed, and rarely a talker of worthwhile books.

If you were btfo, it was most likely from being an insufferable twat.

So this is what discordfags sound like. I think I just had an authentic nerd moment.

Well, thanks for proving my point buddy!

>caela

literally fucking who? I don't care about your online personas, but unfortunately that's all the discord is about. Fuck. You.

Wait up, so you come into the discord and don't even know who a few of the common(okay -ish, in the case of caela) posters are? Why don't you trying judging our cord once you've been a regular for at least a week?

Discord seemed fine, I don't know what the big deal is. I have no use for a lit chatroom, but it seemed what was to be expected from a Veeky Forums discord. I briefly joined for the blood meridian group they ran.

As for the survey, I'm interested to see if it is the same as last years.

I'm shilling hard for Hamsun this year, hopefully we get another book of his on the list besides Hunger, which is really not among his best.

>proving his point
and your post style is so distinctive. It will be good to know when I can stop replying to someone because they're a discord shitter.

retards

1/3 me desu

Guys please take this circlejerk to the discord group, where you are well contained and separated from the people who don't want to read your spastic shite

5/4 me desu

>only three (You)s for myself in that entire stack
I need to step it up

i wanna have sex with caela

C A E L A I LOVE YOU
A
E
L
A

stop bumping this shit thread

Great seeing you again, this is the third time I will participate in this, my taste hasn't changed much.

I was also more partial to the whim's of the one they called 'soprano'

perhaps I shall return to discord someday! see the maiden once more!

Fuck, this is funny. I happened to join this Discord last week pretending to be a girl and some beta cuck named Maul started DMing me and wouldn't stop. Seriously, this Discord reeks of thirst. Melynx's group is smaller but at least each user is quality, and most of them have GFs.

Most of the older members in this one have wives and gfs too. There's always going to be a few obnoxiously thirsty guys in anything coming from Veeky Forums.

Older members? Yeah, no. Like I wanna hang around a bunch of codgers.

Melynx is a know nothing nobody such as yourself.

I don't give a shit really. Can we talk about books instead?

What are you lads voting this year?
>Pan
>Madame Bovary
>The Savage Detectives