What is your favorite verse?

Hi guys

I was wondering: Do you have any favorite verse or passages from the Bible?

I have some that I consider very wise. One of them is:

>"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow."
Eccleasiastes 1:18

I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world. (Matthew 13:35)

Oh, I forgot to say why!

Well, as I see it it talks about wisdom as grief, not only it is a widely debated concept, but I can see that it says a lot about Salomon. He was burdened that the knowledge he acquired about people and their ways. Perhaps, in this moment he arrived to the conclussion that ignorance is indeed bliss. That you cannot educate every single human being, and trying is futile. Thus, he was overwhelmed by the feeling that Israel would never be the chosen people, that the day will come when they will fail. And maybe, he thought that it would have been better not to know this.

> It is better to live on a corner of the housetop than in a house in company with a quarrelsome wife.
Proverbs 25:24

As an oldfag who has seen many of his friends casually enter wedlock, the staggeringly simple truth of this verse becomes more clear with each passing year.

>When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
>1 Corinthians 13:11

Pretty much sums up my feelings on religion. Suffice it to say, I do not practice Christianity in any shape, form or fashion.

Yeah, related phrases are repeated some more times in Proverbs. It seems that the ancients knew well enough about the burdens that marriage could bring.

I liked Ghost in the Shell too.

>“Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the Teacher. “Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless.”
Eccleasiastes 1:2

Why is Eccleasiastes so based?

This seems like a pretentious verse to choose.

>And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
Deuteronomy 6:5

Pretty self-evident.

"For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do."
Romans 7:19

I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee." Revelations 3:9

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Matthew 10:34

This is good

"I'll be famous one day. But for now, I'm stuck in middle school with a bunch of morons'

Heffley 4;20

“The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way,
Before His works of old.

“From everlasting I was [f]established,
From the beginning, from the earliest times of the earth.

“When there were no depths I was [g]brought forth,
When there were no springs abounding with water.

“Before the mountains were settled,
Before the hills I was [h]brought forth;
While He had not yet made the earth and the fields,
Nor the first dust of the world.

"For now we see through a glass, darkly." - Corinthians 13:12

Because I just finished watching A Scanner Darkly (I've read the book, too). Apparently PKD wrote the book partially to convince himself the negative effects from amphetamine usage was all in his head.
>tfw I struggle with this question everyday, too

ezekiel 23:20

I bounce between a few.

"I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit." Ecclesiastes 1:14

"And the Lord said unto Satan, “From whence comest thou?” Then Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down upon it.”"

Job 1:7

"For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was."

James 1:23-24

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." 1 John 2:15

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." John 14:3

"Jesus said, "Blessed is the lion that the human being will devour so that the lion becomes human. And cursed is the human being that the lion devours; and the lion will become human." Gospel of Thomas Saying 7

Most of the time my favorite is John 14:3. The compassion in Jesus's words does shit to my heart mane.

>Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling
>Philippians 2:12

>Saloman

Otherwise great pick. The Bible has some cool stuff.

Proverbs 6:6
Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise.

Genesis 3:16
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

The Moor is cruel

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,and the Word was God
--John 1:1

also from John's Prologue:
And the Word became flesh and dwelt* among us, and we beheld his glory, glory as of the only-begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth
*lit. 'tabernacled'

did you read the art of biblical narrative?

>This scripture made me feel things, unholy things...

Look at the smug smile at the end of this verse. (KJV)

Probably the one about the she-bears tearing the smartass kids to pieces for making fun of the old bald guy. (If god loved him so much how come he was bald?)

Eww...NIV This is a really good verse though, but I like it as "vanity of vanities!" saith the preacher "all is vanity!"

This chapter is one of the most beautiful in the entire Bible (a detailed description of Christian love). Of course the atheist would cherry pick out a verse to shitpost and ignore the rest.