Is he right or wrong?

Is he right or wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

psychicscience.org
youtube.com/watch?v=JKHUaNAxsTg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Remember what it was like 10y before you were born?
It'll be more of that.

>actually thinking those are his words and not someone else's

the state of Veeky Forums

There's really no way of knowing. There is no physical evidence of consciousness, period. It's possible that it's a fundamental property of reality itself. And even if it isn't occurring throughout everything, all of the time, and it's some sort of phenomenon of informational feedback, where certain patterns of information give rise to consciousness, there's nothing that says that there aren't information patterns happening on scales that we're nestled in, and when our brains die it releases us into the conscious experience of some other pattern happening on a higher tier. Or that perhaps the pattern that our conscious experience is tethered to reoccurs in the infinite span of time, and we come back along with it. I'm not making any claims to know, but there are elements to the universe that aren't observable through measurement of the material world, even if they correlate to material patterns, such as consciousness. And the inexplicability of that makes me at least somewhat open to the possibility that there are qualities to consciousness that we simply won't have access to observing until we actually observe them. The impetus of a lot of hard scientists is to claim that things that aren't observable materially don't actually exist, which is an important concept in the face of pure superstitious bullshit, but given that the central truth that we all experience and base all knowledge upon (our consciousness) is something that literally does not show up in the material realm, I think we need to remain agnostic about certain ideas.

I get the impulse to think of it like this, but memory should not be conflated with conscious experience. You can have an experience that you don't remember, that doesn't mean you weren't conscious at the time. I don't remember what I had for breakfast 45 days ago, and I probably wouldn't remember the specifics even if you told me, or showed me a video of it. But I was experiencing conscious reality at the time.

No, I have seen God, and he has abandoned us.

His metaphor breaks down immediately. Someone, "I", is using the computer. It is not darkness, but life before computers.

Obviously he considers himself a program on the computer. Should we ask him about his garbage collection routine(s)?

He's right but he's beig an asshole

Too bad the brain isn't what creates consciousness though.
It still is a retarded statement.
>m-muh brain a gombuter :DD
Imagine being so autistic you think the brain is actually AT ALL like a computer LMAO
It's even worse than nerds that believe simulation theory just because they can't think of something else but it sounds science-y enough and they saw it on Rick and Morty so it's plausible enough for them.

>Too bad the brain isn't what creates consciousness though.
Then what does create consciousness?
Please do not suggest invisible, intangible entities.
All attempts to "explain" thought other than as the workings of a physical mechanism rely upon appeals to mysticism.

>Then what does create consciousness?
A spiritual field, aka GOD, who imparts to each organism a piece of Him
>Please do not suggest invisible, intangible entities.
Oh, you mean like gravitational, magnetic, or electrical field, which have virtually undetectable means of operations? What makes you think consciousness is any different?
>All attempts to "explain" thought other than as the workings of a physical mechanism rely upon appeals to mysticism.
It's not mysticism. "I have a soul" is an intuitive concept, just as much as "I exist now".

>have an experience that you don't remember,

I have a unicorn I've never seen

We really need some sort of consciousness or existential questions general. I’ve seen threads like these pop up a lot and they never seem to go anywhere except spark retarded religion vs atheist debates instead of talking about actual studies and recent findings about consciousness or awareness.

I'm glad you said "virtually".
Gravitational and Electromagnetic fields ARE detectible, by our unaided senses in some cases.
The luminiferous aether was not, so it was discarded.
Your "intuition" pulls no weight. When you have a Soul-o-meter, come back. It ought to read "1" (or near enough) when I point it at you, "0" when focused on a rock or a rutabaga.

is correct. These threads invariably degenerate into religious arguments. Which doesn't belong on a board SUPPOSED TO be about science.

>Gravitational and Electromagnetic fields ARE detectible, by our unaided senses in some cases
They're detectable by unaided senses in the same way you can detect another spirit interacting with you quite easily. Just because you cannot quantify it, you think a spiritual field doesn't exist? Have we detected gravitons before? Yet we nevertheless believe in a gravitational field

Are you saying that you remember every conscious moment of your life? Most of your life is comprised of moments you have no memory of. The "remember what it was like before you were born?" point isn't completely arbitrary, but it provides no proof of anything concerning where consciousness begins and ends.

you have to go back
/x/

Gee, thanks for bumping this generic "does his exist" thread, for a shitty reply to a shitty post 10 hours ago. Sage, like you should have done. That way you get your satisfaction of your /pol/ tier post, without the /pol/ tier idiocy.

wrong, as usual.

I don't want to die desu

Fucking hell the janitors must be asleep. Read the rules faggots.

No afterlife, sure. But reducing religion to fairy tale stories for people afraid of the dark seems a bit simplistic to me. There are all sorts of mechanisms behind religion and fear is only one of them.

>faggots
Why the homophobia?

I think his brain is breaking down, I had this kind of philosophical thoughts when I was 15

Why is Veeky Forums so scared of death?

Dr. Wheelchair absolutely defends his Atheism with arguments this retarded. You obviously never listened to him.

Tldr; we dont really know so im guessing and so are all the scientists.

No possible way to ponder too long on the metaphysical natures of reality. The human mind will break, many of them have. We are truly a fragile race, but Its foolish factually to disregard the afterlife theory as foolish as it inversly is to disregard the theory of void where we are nothing in the end. Only death is the truly known way to confirm.

Ps: I cant be the only one that ponders so deeply my mind starts to break when considering openly the real depth of just what nothingness and endlessness could mean.

How do you brainlets argue humans happened if the 2nd law of thermodynamics is real.

Either (1) God is real and the universe is his 2nd grade birthday present.

(2) our understanding of physics is fatally flawed

You cant have both.

terrible argument 1/10 would not reply again

Its not an argument. Its simple logic.

logical yes but based on retardation

t. brainlet

Stop shitposting bait threads on a science board. Religion is hope inspiring and controlling, but a man made construct. Heaven can be created, but for now we just all turn to dirt

hawkins doesn't really know anything beyond physics.

This. As a doctor, many atheist patients I have accidentally killed express mercy from God or some supernatural entity. They always cave, always.

You sound like a psychopath.

>i think of the brain as something much more simple than it is
>computers are much more simple
>computers don't have an afterlife
>the brain doesn't have an afterlife

i love metaphors as well mr. hawking.

>i think of the brain as something much more simple than it is
>computers are much more simple
>computers don't have an afterlife
>the brain doesn't have an afterlife

i love metaphors as well mr. hawking.

computers can be programmed to operate by themselves, in this case programming being done by DNA

>garbage collection routines
your brain automatically throws out information it deems worthless, ususally smaller details about things

I can't fap to anime traps if I'm dead

test

The afterlife will be like the 80s? Cool.

And the five year old child doesn’t want the birthday party to end. The obvious reality is that it does.

>The second law of thermodynamics states that the total entropy can never decrease over time for an isolated system

Let's see if you're bait, retarded, or both.
1. What is the definition of an isolated system?
2. What is the thermodynamic nature of the system in which human beings evolved?
3. Knowing the answer to the previous two questions, does the second law of thermodynamics apply to said system?

He died decades ago. I don't care what they program that doppelganger's computer to say

christcucks BTFO

post it again

I have been a lot on /x/ lately.
Past few months.
If you are interested in psychic phenomena, try out ESP. As you might know, even the CIA investigated on the paranormal and had to come up with tests whether this is actually working, or not. ESP is one of the methods they used.
psychicscience.org
Since I approached this whole field like a scientist would: "Is there the law of Karma?" (let's test it) I spare you this one: Karma exists and you ought not wish bad to others.
Also I like this banned TED Talk about scientific dogmas:
youtube.com/watch?v=JKHUaNAxsTg
(search youtube for banned TED talks; you will be amazed)

I went from atheistical scepticism and agnostic to polytheism over to "only what you acchieve counts; all else is not of value"
also the TAO is great. I liked the books of Raymond Smullyan as well.
I also looked into the Big Theory Of Everything by Thomas Campbell. Worth checking out as well.
Do your own research, though.

Also some ppl seem to believe that I am up to a "Religion vs Science" Can't the mods read when it clearly says "spiritual"? "Spiritual" basically is the arnarchy of religion. I am interested in your thoughts and the expansion of mine; not to tell you what to believe.
TL;DR: Mods should read more carefully before banning.