Why are most old people so retarded?

Why are most old people so retarded?

You'd think that they would be the smartest because they got more experience in life, but it always feels like they stopped learning at one point and you're dealing with children.

How is this possible?

>Why are most old people so retarded?
>they stopped learning at one point and you're dealing with children
sometimes the obvious answer is the correct answer

The question is why and how.

Most people are retarded in general. You just notice it more because kids are supposed to be dumb and old people make up the majority of adults.

It's hard to learn how to properly use technology that came seventy years after the time in which you were born and raised. Get over it.

Majority of adults are not elderly.

doesn't look retarded to me

do you want that bowl or not?

They grew up in an era that didn't compromise their ideals for comfort. Therefore alot of eldery do alot of things wrong.

I can garuntee that most adults that take the time to learn new technology are successfull people, and aren't typical dead end job fathers or boring housewives

They grew up with technology that evolved little by little throughout the years.
It's not like they grew up talking on cups attached by strings and then had iphones.

go away grandma

Old people aren’t retarded, user. There’s pretty logical reasons as to why the elderly or older adults prefer not using tech.

1. Generational difference
A person who grew up with technology is going to have advantages over people who haven’t, period. Technology has also advanced fairly rapidly - my dad’s Apple 2 does not compare to any modern PC.

2. Creature of habit
Humans generally like patterns. New tech means developing different habits, which some people find uncomfortable or outright refuse to do.

3. Juvenoia
Adults and elders will always prefer their preceding generation’s way of doing things. They don’t get youth culture, so they actively disregard it. Think of all those shitty facebook memes about “Back in my day [blank] was better than [blank]”

If an older person really wanted to learn how to use an iPad or android phone, they could. It’s just easier not to bother.

In conclusion, call you parents or grandparents and tell them you love them instead of shitposting on Veeky Forums.

>Why are most young people so retarded?
>You'd think that they would be the smartest because they got more access to information growing up, but it always feels like they stopped learning at one point and you're dealing with children.
>How is this possible?

>It's not like they grew up talking on cups attached by strings and then had iphones.
They literally grew up talking on cups attached by strings.

I already feel like I will be very similar to them after 20 years.

Majority of adults are past 40 though, at least in developed nations. In some, majority are past 55.

Is that pic meant to be bad? It only displays the crux of economic drudgery, and destruction of culture and meaning, all brought about by capitalism (primarily in the past 70yrs), that the youth of the world find themselves in.

I don't think OP meant just tech. I find them to be really retarded in almost all matters, too. It's like they have no notion of introspection or deeper thinking. Truly the epitome of "product of your environment", almost zombie-like things.

you idiot
wait until the younger generations start using something completely different than what you're used to and you see no reason at all to change your ways
it'll happen to you

They are just those stupid kids you grew up with. But now no one can tell them shit, so they feel like they are automatically right, because they are adults.
The majority of people finish studying, learning with the last educational institution they went to. Then they just take the path of least resistance.

>meaning

>destruction of culture
>brought about by capitalism
The only thing bad about American capitalism is the fucking soyboy regulations the government puts in place to make everything "fair."

older people have been gaining crystalised iq their entire lives. the degree to which it increases is a product of what they did when they were younger. crystalised iq is like a persons general knowledge base. fluid iq is what you need to learn new things quickly, and fluid iq is lost steadily after your 20s. so granny who's been a housewife watching tv since she was 18 is not gonna be having the best time learning to use a computer.

Most younger people are the same, you just can't notice it yet because they are currently doing the "socially acceptable" normal things

You get dumber as you age but gain information over time.

As the body ages, it loses it plasticity and begins to decay. It's the same reason why it is far easier for a child to learn another language than it is for a 40 year old adult.

Well I don't have much experience with people from other countries, but here the simple anwser is communism.
During that time knowledge and information were state regulated since the people in charge didn't really want a society that could threaten their rule. Also most information and scientific news from the west either never reached the public or were quickly discredited.
So this achieved that younger generations in my country tend to be more knowledgable about the entire world in general than their parents and grandparents.

it's called reverse socialization by Gyorgy Csepeli

so ""your brain gets smart, but your head gets dumb"" one could say

fuck off

top fucking kek

SO MUCH TO DO, SO MUCH TO SEE.

nah, I'm not afraid of change

>brought about by capitalism
yes you fuck
Captialism works better when the population is a brown smear of people brought together by nothing but consumerism

People don't realize that graphical user-interfaces are a visual language in their own right that the current generation has been learning since they were very young while old people had to learn well into adulthood.

It's only common sense that they would be far less fluent in it than we are.