String theory

Is String Theory a Meme?

Are there better theories now?

The mathematics are beautiful. Even skeptics don't deny that.
The number of predictions its made which have been confirmed by experiment is zero.

It keeps going because it (and loop quantum gravity) are the only games in town.
Maybe it's right but, if it's not, no one wants to admit they wasted their entire career. Scientists are human too.
You decide if that makes it a meme.

>string theory
>Serious

Choose one

>Is String Theory a Meme?
No

>Are there better theories now?
Not even close

So

string theory is just speculative Math

that's like saying quantum mechanics is speculative probability.

Lrn2meme fgt pls

>speculative probability

where's the lie

But it is

hasn't quantum dynamics made predictions though? string theory has made zero predictions
not a physicist but i'm pretty sure experiments have confirmed quantum theories, no?

>String Theory
literally a math circlejerking.

all theories are speculative math, thats literally what theoreticians do

yes QM is supported by a mountain of experimental evidence, probably the most tested theory in history

QM is a math model of that experiments, brainlet.
experiment first, math second.

Some of them?

Because anything out of search engine on "Proof of Quantum Mechanics" gives me only why god exist.

I think people would understand more in the other case.

Some of them?

Because anything out of search engine on "Proof of Quantum Mechanics" gives me only why god exist.

I think people would understand more in the other case.

Have you got any proof, your experiment is final, and that you cannot achieve your result elsehow than your mathematical model?

i.e. there is variable, that has been constant in your enviroment?

It makes physicists really happy and there's no evidence it's true. Normies recite the retarded version of it to sound smart in front of their friends without even thinking it could be disproven. It's absolutely a meme.

Its still a framework which was created to explain an observation and said framework then correctly predicted more experiments. Dont argue semantics.
No theory we have ever come up with is complete, the evolution of theoretical framework is one of successively more complete and predictive models. As an example newtonian mechanics was dandy for centuries but it turned out to be incomplete with the creation of GR and SR.

Mate, have you done any QM? The theory's fucking insane, but it makes the experiments actually make sense. The results are just terrifying nonsense without orthonormalised state bases

except mainstresm ones are speculation with real world evidences

>a well-formed and nuanced answer to a question about a scientific theory
I think you're in the wrong place, friend.

>axiom

Yeah, sure

> Literally no one in this thread has even studied string theory or know what it is.

Have you niggas even cracked open Polchinski's Bosonic Strings???

>Are there better theories now?
Better theories for what exactly?

Holographic Principle sounds interesting, but I'm too much of a brainlet to understand it completely

apologies, all theories begin as speculative math prior to initial or continuing experimental verification