Wake up

>wake up
>tell myself that i bet it's 8:12
>check phone
>it's 8:12
>three seconds later it changes to 8:13

this happens way too often. can science explain this fucking shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E8xCpSy9em0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You have a regukar sleep pattern. That or a glitch in the matrix

youtu.be/E8xCpSy9em0

probably a tumor but im not a doctor

It could be aids as well.

Confirmation bias, happens to me a bunch too, but usually on the nice round numbers like 00s, 15s, 30s, and 45s. For waking up, first measure what time you wake up a few dozen times, and check how much it actually varies. See how large each standard deviation is. I know my body prefers to sleep for 9 hours, which I've been doing now that southern hemisphere uni is on leave.

Synchronicity. You're pretty much hallucinating your entire reality which allows these things to happen. It's pretty much like a dream except it's less malleable.
>inb4 some faggot says itd confirmation bias or Baader-Meinhoff
The "Baader-Meinhoff phenomenon" isn't really an explanation of anything - more a naming or categorisation of an experience, accompanied by some vague "the brain did it" handwaving. We're essentially just saying this is the "Having A Recurring Experience phenomenon - because that's how experiences work". As with some uses of "Confirmation Bias" as a diagnosis, it can often be essentially a contentless general statement that feels conclusive, but doesn't really say anything. Calling "Confirmation Bias" really requires that there be a fixed pre-existing reference dataset that is known and being surveyed, and then being selectively perceived. However, in daily life it is not clear that there is such a dataset, or at least we must recognise that this is an assumption.

synchronicity. you don't take as much notice of a negative result as you do a positive one

Synchronicity
The collective unconcious is telling you what time it is without you being able to notice

Synchronicity
So I can be like the other 2 faggots that didn't didn't read the thread and post a reply talking out of my ass.

You're a fucking idiot.

subconsciously & unconsciously your brain knows a lot more than you do in waking consciousness, if only we could tune into it as desired, however overwhelming. our brains are highly efficient (around 100 watts) supercomputers, solving highly complex problems without our conscious selves having to bat an eyelid. The brain is able to calculate (maybe keeping count) its position in relation to the location, time of year and position of the sun. When the filter (ego) has been removed from the gates of perception there is a whole lot more information there. Also consider savants and others with brain damage, who are able to tell the time and calculate dates easily! So your brain knows, even though you aren't aware.

great rebuttal

I can tell where you acquired these peerless skills

>around 100 watts
retarded

You have a very uniform sleeping pattern. That’s pretty much it, Neo.

it's 20w

t. 20W Brainlet

>What is consciousness ?
>How our brain can create image with chemicals ?
>What is intuition ?
>what is a dream ?
>Etc.

With our knowledge in biology (Serious biology, aka molecular biology, is a pretty young science, not even 50 years),
Everything sounds /x/ for now.

But

>Any sufficiently advanced technology (or science) is indistinguishable from magic.

>Any sufficiently advanced technology (or science) is indistinguishable from a plot device.
FTFY

This morning i had to get up at 6.30, i haven't got up anywhere near 8am for years. I really had to be somewhere. I sleep like a rock, when I'm out that's it. And today i woke up at 6.28, before my alarm, giving credence to the notion that the body is able to quite accurately keep track of time.

>(((standard deviation)))
Fake statistics.

I think time at which you wake up will approximately fit within a standard distribution. Are you one of those people who gets triggered by "The Bell Curve"?

He used to live 15 minutes walk from me.

>wake up
>tell myself that i bet it's 8:12
>it's 8:12
>two minutes later it's still 8:12

why is this allowed to happen? can science explain this fucking shit?

can you explain why your lamp is in a fucking pringles can?

I'm more interested in the Ragu and sugar myself.