The longest work of fiction I have ever read is a My Little Pony fan fiction

>the longest work of fiction I have ever read is a My Little Pony fan fiction
Anyone else know this shameful feel? Anyone else have Veeky Forums related things they're ashamed of?

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/4112682/1/The-Subspace-Emissary-s-Worlds-Conquest
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I doubt I've read any fanfics longer than Atlas Shrugged, but some are probably up there. Those /mlp/ generals can run for a long time.

>read Fallout Equestria and some of Pink Eyes
That shit is literally longer than War and Peace, I could've been putting my efforts towards pvre literatvre

The Percy Jackson books were my favorite works of literature up until, like, the eighth grade.

I have also read and enjoyed My Little Pony fanfictions. None longer than Don Quixote, thank God.

Percy Jackson is actually pretty good tho desu

It's beautiful how something so simple can be taken by people and made into something grander.

Has anyone ever read a fanfic they feel they HAVEN'T wasted time on?

Honestly Fallout equestria was actually a fun read for what it was
Worldduilding was actually pretty good

Did you ever read Dangerous Business? It was sort of the other "big" fic from that earlier era of the fandom.

Never did get around to that one.
I feel a mix of shame and nostalgia when I think about liking MLP in the past but desu the epic fan fictions were all fairly well written and plotted as far as fan fiction goes.

Ponerfag here, hate to be that guy, but:
>All pony/brony threads, images, Flashes, and avatars belong on /mlp/.

If you happen still to feel in the mood for fanfics, you should check it out. It's pretty fun the way it blends MLP and Tolkien, with a kingdom of earth ponies that's like Rohan and deer that are basically elves.

If it's stuff that can make me cum and it doesn't take more than 30 minutes to read then I consider that not a waste of time.

>Veeky Forums is full of horsefuckers
Who knew?

I'm definitely not as shocked as I thought I would be. These are the people constantly shitting up every thread.

>There are people on Veeky Forums who read not only fucking mlp fanfiction but even worse read one of the longest ones.
>These people might have criticized you before
>You will never know if you are being criticized by some fucking brony or some guy who's read most of the canon
Jesus christ.

>using a board populated entirely by psued undergrads for critique

If you don't come here for a quick laugh and some ironic shitposting, you're doing it wrong. There are very few people here who actually read literature, let alone understand enough about it to offer a good opinion.

plenty of well read ppl with grad degrees n shit here but theres no point in writing some long as shit, everyone tries to write sincere non-shit posts for a little while when they first get here, then one day you spent 15 minutes writing up some long ass well thought out shit and hit "post" and only to get "thread no longer exists" then you're like ok fuck i'm never making a thoughtful post again, op is a fag, fuck the mods

HOL' UP
HOL' UP
HOL' UP
AY YO
YOU SAYIN, HOL' UP
IZ YOU SAYIN?
THAT ERRYBODY HERE
YOU SAYIN
THAT ERRYBODY HERE
HAS A VALID OPINION
AND READS N SHIT?

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT NIGGA.
WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO IN THE FIRST PLACE??

Yeh dog ur fuckin up

I just mean shitposted at you or banter nothing serious. You're reading to much into this.

Calm down Suicide Squad

fanfiction.net/s/4112682/1/The-Subspace-Emissary-s-Worlds-Conquest
As of July 2013, this Smash Bros fanfic was 3,548,615 words long. That’s three times longer than Proust, and six times longer than War and Peace.
Right now it's 4,061,129, which is the longest piece of English literature in history

Holy... I want more.

Holy...

I write fanfiction that tries to be more than just fanfiction, AMA

what do you write it about

Currently an Alien (1979) fanfic about an Android copy of the crew plus Nostromo duplicate being used after the events of the second film to try and acquire the Xenomorph.

I like to explore robotic philosophies and what the separating line between "real" sapience and "robot" sapience is. Because my fic isn't a flimsy way to get people to fuck, I don't get much attention though.

the longest thing ive ever finished was a 30,000 word batman fanfiction when I was 13

I'm now nearly 19

>the longest piece of English literature is a Smash Bros fanfic
Just let it all end