youtube.com/watch?v=yzIeiyzRLCw
youtube.com/watch?v=0FjhohHAsuc
youtube.com/watch?v=AoWi10YVmfE
m.phys.org/news/2018-01-holograms-d-thin-air.html
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=1aAx2uWcENc
youtu.be/f1YNyQqbiF0?t=5s
youtube.com/watch?v=KfVS-npfVuY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Doesn't this already exist? Holograms have been a thing, and if you're talking about how we're going to capture the model, then drones with 360 cameras and fancy software.

Wrong.

Computer vision. Look up 3D Object Reconstruction. It's a developing topic and helps with simple stuff such as Google Maps showing you 3D buildings. Facebook is using it to take 2D pictures and turn them into 3D worlds. That's how you create that technology.

Without glasses

Can we use contacts?

>give away my secret
Not likely

lolol this is my shit
Drones can fly over an area and current software can give you 3D rendering
You basically just need pictures of an area from a few different angles
You're not gonna get one tree in minute detail though
Holograms are a thing but idk much about them

Lets say you want to use this in a Stadium, using contacts isn't really scalable

youtube.com/watch?v=jhl5afLEKdo
Holograms

please be bait

the future is truly here

>techonology
techmology?

It's quite simple actually. Just drop sand or other particles from the top and shine lasers at the right spot to disperse the light. I've done it at home many times

without a medium

Standing wave interference but with light? Do harmonics even work with light?

DISREGARD 3D, ACQUIRE HOLO WAIFU.

What about tiny metallic flakes contained within concentric magnetic fields and light projected onto them? Admittedly it would require some pretty fine control of magnetic fields, but not impossible.

Femtosecond lasers

plasma creation isn't scalable and not usable for the average folk
You need the light to enter your eye.

I tough people are paid for ideas, before getting ideas, because it's a job.

I need to be paid, to give ideas to anybody. That's how capitalism works.

Sorry.

Also reason why yu no have it.

Improving education globally.

I have pics of asses

Well, that's not selling even the idea of having a idea of providing you information.

unnecessary

>in b4 reddit repost
this

is that dark fabric for friction, did she brap too hard??

You can literally see the stitches, are you blind and gay or just blind?

SHUT UP

What you want to do is completely and totally impossible.

how so
be specific please

>Lets say you want to use this in a Stadium, using contacts isn't really scalable
Why not? Nowadays every normie has a smartphone, in the future they'll all have augmented reality contacts.

You need to emit light from a bunch of points all over your visual field. You cannot achieve this without having a bajillion laser projectors all around you, or a light-interacting medium of some sort. Not to mention the issue of having to make it look the same to multiple observers.

You can do it quite easily with shit like eye implants, but free standing "holograms" are space fantasy bullshit.

Air is light-interacting medium. So yes, we can make holograms that work just about everywhere except in space.

You can use lasers to focus to single points in air to make plasma that gives out light. There's a Youtube video from 2011 about this (japanese doing it IIRC).

I actually invented this but others weren't as lazy as I was.

>I actually invented this
sure you did
>laser plasma projection
1. Power hungry
2. Loud
3. Dangerous
4. No colours

It's a very brute force method, don't you think?

Ah, the old
>I actually invented this but others weren't as lazy as I was.
meme

Many inventions start out as expensive (power hungry), dangerous, loud or whatever. The question wasn't whether it was difficult but whether it was possible. And it is possible. All we gotta do is let the engineers make it better.

I invented it while I was working with lasers to kill mosquitoes. I had 2 problems: my country has banned lasers more powerful than 5 mW, and lasers might hit or keep hitting something that they're not supposed to (like my eyes or my curtains). Having multiple low power lasers would solve both problems at the same time. Only the focal point would be too hot to matter, making it a lot safer. This made me wonder what would happen if the lasers were focused on a single point in air for too long (nothing would happen with these power levels of course). Didn't take too much to figure out that plasma would form and thus light.

On a side note, this also lead me to a 3rd invention which was using ultrasound as a surgical tool. You can set the focal point of multiple ultrasound waves to one that exists inside a person. You can heat up a brain tumor 100 degrees while only heating the normal tissue outside of it 1 degree (when you have 100 ultrasound sources shooting from different angles). All this while not making a single cut to the person. Or you could sterilize an appendix without surgery. Maybe even stop internal bleeding by burning wounds shut.

Some people are simply creative. Why would creative people not visit Veeky Forums?

Maybe this, but it seems pretty primitive.

youtube.com/watch?v=SCmO0TZ1UEM

OP didn't want plasma or anything that used a medium. Not to mention this would also create air pollution. AR contacts or retinal stimulation are really the only way to go here

Have you ever thought, that the size of the "voxels" as called in that one paper, are way too small?
And that you'd need a lot of changes to create a bigger voxel.

The best way is computer vision, just put some glasses and see 3d things get rendered, any other way is unnecessarily expensive

It's stupid to throw away the easiest way of doing it: Augmented Reality. An actual physical projection would be vastly inferior, in form, colouring, stability and clarity (easy to disrupt said projection, through damage and blocking), harder and slower to manipulate (whereas there is literally no restriction with AR).

Honestly what is the point of that?
Just create matrix style brain interfaces, virtual reality

Those are different technologies

SeePlasma isn't the way, it won't ever be

see

Oh i absolutelly agree, that's why holograms will never be practical.
I just wanted to show what has been actually done in that field.

This is the closest I've seen IIRC
youtube.com/watch?v=yzIeiyzRLCw
But as others said it can already be done with glasses.

Again, no, that's a completely different technology

The most realistic way to do this is to use transparent flying drone that carry LEDs and get their power and information from IR lasers. Kind of like this,

youtube.com/watch?v=0FjhohHAsuc

...then again. That's still quite a leap.

too mechanical

>t. doesn't know physics

There's a difference between infeasible and impossible

Is sci just a bunch of technologically illiterate math undergrads? SLMs have been around for years.
youtube.com/watch?v=AoWi10YVmfE

You're not this much of a brainlet, right?

No what OP wants to do is impossible. OP doesn't want to use contacts/glasses and doesn't want to use any sort of medium. No mediums means no using lasers/acoustic tractor beams to move particles around so we can project on them, no having tiny robots that fly around and light up different colors, or having a nearly imperceptible solid volumetric display. No medium also means no heating air to plasma.

Of course heating air to plasma is and will always be impractical. Unless you modify air, the energy it takes to make a spot of air into plasma will not change. Heating air to plasma makes nasty chemicals that are harmful to humans.

Except light is nonlinear at high energies

With that attitude it would be.

citation please?

science you brainlet
kek

I'm afraid that's not a citation, try again.

BRAP

I'm afraid that's not a citation either.

Literally just google it

Also need this desu

This would be nice too

That's pretty much just a headset.

just googling it isn't a citation.

i know you just want to be an annoying shit but it works to bump the thread

that's still not a citation

A headset that can read your mind and control your actions

And the exoskeleton is neat as fuck too

Except AR is laggy as fuck and will probably be so forever.

These aren't unrealistic if we're talking lasers.

Cite this mf

there truly is no hope for Japan

Wait, are you really a talking laser????

So they've done it, they've made a full color volumetric display: Https://www.nature.com/articles/nature25176
m.phys.org/news/2018-01-holograms-d-thin-air.html

It works using optical trapping to move a small particle around in space which they project on. Only problem is that the frame rate is low, the images are small, and the power required for trapping is like 200 mW minimum. Doesn't work if it's too windy either.

It's a start though

pew pew pshoom pew

I really like the looking-glass technology from the game Prey. It seems entirely feasible.

>anorther episode of "it's something dude"
No, they didn't.

>poke the image
>get hurt

this is the only method we have for making free space volumetric images in color.
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=1aAx2uWcENc

oh wait I fucked up, for trapping the particles they used a 200 mW laser and 100 mW laser. For the 100 mW case only 48 mW of that got through the optical system. It probably wouldn't burn you. It also seems they have quite a bit of optimization they can do. There is room for improvement of particle velocity and acceleration. There is also the possibility of trapping more particles.

ultrasound knife already exists pleb, look up kidney stones.

gamma knife already exists too, this tech doesnt result in holograms dumbass.

That idea kind of reminds me of these LED Cube displays.
youtu.be/f1YNyQqbiF0?t=5s
They're pretty primitive right now but if you could make the LED's smaller and the wire's thinner it seems like it could get to a decent resolution. You wouldn't be able to reach inside it though. I just don't see the need for anything like this honestly. It would be cool but I see AR glasses being a better solution for looking at 3D models in the "real world", even if you do have to wear something on your face.

Lots and lots of very tiny low-powered projectors, then just project the right images into people's eyes with the right amount of focus.
Not impossible, just totally impractical and useless.

>You wouldn't be able to reach inside it
but i want to fugg my holowaifu

Using a single ultrasound source is not what I'm talking about. They don't use my method for kindey stones.

And they do make holograms with lasers using multiple lasers focusing on a single point.

you'd be much better off getting a robowaifu
holograms are for looking, robots are for touching