Is it a new trend to have terrible news article titles? The title itself screams clickbait

Is it a new trend to have terrible news article titles? The title itself screams clickbait

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/SBaNBqHZ
amazon.com/Blake-Butler/e/B004GNDIBA
youtube.com/watch?v=AUjHb4C7b94
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reported for advertising. Archive link or fuck off.

Remember when vice was on the cutting edge of things for like twelve minutes about 5 years ago?

Most left-wing websites title their articles in this Buzzfeed-y cringe style.

Actually, X did....
Yeah, Drumpf is not going to win
No, X is actually...

No u.

Posted because its a cringe worthy article.

>Shane Smith will never do travel docos like the ~2012 ones on YouTube.

>Most (insert)wing websites

Fixed it for you.

Anyway, I liked VICE for about a month when it was new. Why did it take such an abrupt and quick nosedive.

When they went full Marx and embraced far-left politics, rather than covering interesting and edgy less-political topics.

TLDR "it's a boring book about rich straight white males"
pastebin.com/SBaNBqHZ

>We're going to make a website that defies all the conventional rules, MAN! We're going to cover shit nobody else covers and offer opinions nobody else is offering!

Hmm...seems cool, let me check that out.

>HAH! Now that we got you, we're going to cover the same old shit everyone else does, and offer the same dumb fucking opinions everyone else does!

>links Vice
>doesn't archive

Blake Butler is so fucking lame

Awful.

This is essentially a one star review on Amazon from a housewife, criticising a book because of a lack of "likeable characters" in article form

>Can we just please, at last, say fuck these people?

But....isn't that sort of the fucking....exact...uh main point of the story?

>be vice news hack
>slap together some gay shit in 5 minutes and give it an edgy title to get clicks
>retards like OP take the bait
is vice news /ourguy/

wow....with this string of unparalleled successes under his belt, you guys really should listen to this guy about writing.

amazon.com/Blake-Butler/e/B004GNDIBA

>Did I mention that several of these characters speak like white nationalists? "It's up to us, who are the dominant race," says Tom Buchanan, Daisy's husband, "to watch out or these other races will have control of things." "We've got to beat them down," Daisy concurs, cementing such an outlook as part and parcel of the novel's emotional marrow. "We're all white here," Nick's date Jordan offers later, an attempt to calm down a fight between the men, as if that fact alone should end the struggle over who owns Daisy's heart.

this guy is a published author

vice was actually good about ten years ago, when gavin mcinnes hadnt gone nuts with the political shit. the dos and donts were great, the articles were edgy and hilarious and not liberal or conservative and very very different than what people think of as hipsters now, the kinds of middlebrow faggots like shane smith who like to go to pop-up bars at art museums, eat tapas, watch clips of SNL, read the new yorker, work at ad agencies and call themselves creatives, etc.

for all you motherfuckers who don't like bloom, yeah his writing can be shit, but his stature is needed when there's shit out there like this

I've heard a bunch of good days vice people talk about shane smith, and say basically he was their alcoholic human mess of an ad sales guy, he never had any sort of creative job....then somehow he ends up owning the shit.

Usually how it works, unfortunately.

yeah, ive heard the same shit. they used to have people interview musicians and make fun of them to their face and call them faggots for sucking. now it's just some shy whiteboi slobbing on rappers. not that og vice was its own subculture, but it captured one, and it sort of triggers me how easily these fucking materialist losers can make something uncool, but culture vultures will like it more

This type of thing isn't new but it sucks that it feels like the purpose of internet journalism now is simply to tell you everything is shit, not what's actually good. I accept Veeky Forums's cynicism because we're not wannabe journalists acting with an arbitrary position of superiority but these Buzzfeeders, Vicers and Twitterari are really fucking annoying.

Granted this is just Vice but I feel like it happens the internet over. It's part of a wave of absolute reactionary shite.

>pop-up bars at art museums, eat tapas

There's nothing wrong with these two things.

>2017
>still falling for outrage bait
>even posting it

As expected from a frogposter, you guys are the retards of this board

Online reporting isn't about proper communication or getting your point across, it's about what's getting the most clicks. And shit OP just helps propagate this shit.

Well also nobody is going to read an article that says you like the great gatsby....I mean those got old probably 5 years after it was written. You're not going to ad anything new.

What does a hacky, desperate for clicks writer do though? Say you dislike something beloved for (insert current trending reasons that will surely bring outrage).

journalism has never been good, stop pretending like this subhuman dribble isn't the true face of journalism

youtube.com/watch?v=AUjHb4C7b94
>vice is the company that also made this
What the fuck went wrong.

I didn't mean that; I just meant that it seemed slightly more sincere about ten years ago when the only people writing for websites were nerds and actual journalists. Not saying it was good in terms of quality but it definitely wasn't just about getting as clicks many clicks as possible as seemingly every single article on any major culture website or newspaper is right now.

Also
>(Insert someone) and this, and it's beautiful

i dont agree but i also never said there was. they're just activities the people im talking about participate in.

>frogposter
Ugly dumb
newfag scum

You write articles about books if there is something new - a new critical edition, or a new insight into the book, or something personal ('how my father's death made me reconnect with Gatsby'), writing articles that are nothing but empty posturing for the clickbait - doesn't matter whether the posturing is 'it's so great!' or 'it's so bad!' - is a symptom of a 21st century diseased journaille

OP's mind is equally diseased

I don't really get outraged by these things anyways, because you know the writer is just basically saying, "OH FUCKING PLEASE!!! Someone just acknowledge me!!! I don't even fucking care if it's negative!! I'm about to quit this writing shit and take that job as an ice cream store assistant manager! Goddamn just look at me! Give me that much!!!"

He has a show tho

>i dont agree

Tapas let you enjoy a wide variety of dishes in the one sitting. How the fuck could you not like them?

Wow you just described my usual weekend.

>cringe worthy

Have you ever thought of using your own vocabulary instead of regurgitating shit your friends use on reddit?

In America tapas are seen as pretentious meals eaten by individuals who see them as worldly, and then buy small portions to show how delicate they are, in the Mediterranean its just part of small plate culture.

Thank you for that insightful knowledge, you've added so much to all our lives. God bless you.

In other words: Americans look down on tapas because it's not their usual ginormous plate size

The pigs don't like to snack, they want the trough

This is unironically why my father doesnt like them. He wants a huge plate to himself.

Tapas are verywhere in the world. Peru, Chile, Spain, Argentina, Greece. I dont know where you're getting this "they are seen as pretentious" I call bullshit.

Holy goddamn shit. can you guys start a tapas thread? This is so FASCINATING.

compared to a discussion on a hasbeen website/youtube channel that writes to trigger its hysterical leftist audience, views on tapas from a global perspective is glorious.

you should start your own alternative media tapas website. Call it like Vapas or Tipes or some gay shit like you know you'd do.

It has been adopted in Australia very recently and is much loved.

Sampling a variety of food is better than stuffing yourself silly with a large plate, American pigs.

Tender is the Night is the infinitely superior Fitzgerald novel

>gay shit

yet another example of American perspectives on tapas.

Lets further this discussion. Favorite tapa + appropriate book to eat along with it.

>get proven wrong
>ugh can u guis not x(

Sorry, good sir. What should the correct synonym be? They are dreadful, lamentable and poorly written titles.

so what's the DEAL with tapas?

Actually Tapas are trash

t. Americuck.

>be pajeet
>get paid $5 to write an essay on how Gatsby is crap
>google some stuff, copy-paste result
>$5 richer
>mfw it appears on vice

original dude who shit on tapas here. they're just a way of serving food. it works for some cuisines and not for others. they can be good at some restaurants and bad at others. in america, they're normally a dressing up of mediocre food by making a place seem more worldly. middlebrow people like it, regardless of quality, for the same reason they all travel to cartagena in the same year to take the same instagram photos. they want to create their identity as apart from popular culture, but participate in what they perceive to be the types of things they've been told more enlightened people do who are from big middlebrow cities like new york. they can tell that there is a lot to reject in masscult, but they don't think for themselves and are constantly hit over the head with shitty media like vice and so still have a desire to share a common experience - to hold up the homogenizing mirror of communal self-reflection, and so remind themselves that they’re not living up to the standard they asked someone else to set for them.tapas are fine, but the sort of thing that an economy that supports bbq tapas points at as a characteristic of its consumers is bad news in america.

>Blake Butler is a daring invigorator of the literary sentence, and the room-ridden narrator of his debut novella, EVER, nerves her way into a hallucinative ruckus of rousing originality.

HOW could Veeky Forums EVEN compete ??

Thanks for contextualising the tapas hate, user.

Remember if your book doesn't have at least one chapter dedicated to the benefits of vaginal art, or a LGBTQ2P4CD+++++ character and their struggles adjusting a bra size because they're hormonal overthecounter tits haven't come in yet, or angst of not being an inner city kid your favourite novel IS TRASH AND YOURE A BIGOT

thia article gave me an authentic nerd moment

I like how most of his books have less than 4 copies available.