Who do you think is the greatest right wing author?

Who do you think is the greatest right wing author?

Other urls found in this thread:

online.hillsdale.edu/document.doc?id=355
youtube.com/watch?v=0bi1PvXCbr8
youtube.com/watch?v=QiCtdi5nCoA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Somewhat relevant, can anyone give me a small effective resource for making speeches, particually political as i have to give one with only a day to write it

Shakespeare

The Four Evangelists

In general, or in literature only?

Frank Kafka.

DFW

Hmmm.
Chesterton? Lewis? Belloc? Waugh? O'Connor? Tolkien?

Skim through Cicero

Al-Suq Madiq

Joseph de Maistre

MNM-DR

Ezra Pound? Plato? God?

>"Although appearing left wing my training is really Fascistic—not ”Fascistic” as Marxist rhetoric defines it but as Mussolini defined it: in terms of the deed & the will, with reality de-ontologized, reduced to mere stuff on which the will acts in terms of deed. Since few living people correctly understand (genuine) Fascism, my ideology has never been pejoratively stigmatized by the left, but those to whom I appeal are in essence the core-bulk of latent masses, the fascist mob. I speak of & for the irrational & the anti-rational, a kind of dynamic nihilism in which values are generated as mere tactics. Thus my real idol is Hitler, who starting out totally disenfranchised rose to total power while scorning wealth (aristocracy) plutocracy to the end. My real enemy is plutocracy; I’ve done my (Fascistic) homework.[…] My fascistic premise is: ”There is no truth. We make truth; what we (first) believe becomes objectively true. Objective truth depends on what we believe, not the other way around.” This is the essence of the Fascist epistemology, the perception of truth as ideology imposed on reality—mind over matter."

Is he /ourguy/?

cormac mcarthy

I'm half-convinced that Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is about Jews

The Greeks

WE WUZ GREEKS AN SHIT

I don't know how much he counts as right-wing (I don't know what he was when he wrote his trilogy), but I like Dos Passos.

Mark Helprin is pretty good.

Wasn't Mishima right-wing?

Yep.
Mishima.

Read Perikles' Funeral Oration by Thucydides.

online.hillsdale.edu/document.doc?id=355

That's the Warner translation, the Lattimore translation is better but I can't find it online and don't want to copy it out from my book. Both of them are less romanticized than other translations but the Lattimore is definitely more literal in terms of language and construction so you are in a sense reading a direct translation of the Greek. I wish it was online to post here.

Here's a taste of a part of it:

So and such they were these men—worthy of their city. We who remain behind may hope to be spared their fate, but must resolve to keep the same daring spirit against the foe. It is not simply a question of estimating the ad- vantages in theory. I could tell you a long story (and you know it as well as I do) about what is to be gained by beating the enemy back. What I would prefer is that you should fix your eyes every day on the greatness of Athens as she really is, and should fall in love with her. When you realize her greatness, then reflect that what made her great was men with a spirit of adventure, men who knew their duty, men who were ashamed to fall below a certain standard. If they ever failed in an enterprise, they made up their minds that at any rate the city should not nd their courage lacking to her, and they gave to her the best contribution that they could. They gave her their lives, to her and to all of us, and for their own selves they won praises that never grow old, the most splendid of sepulchers—not the sepulcher in which their bodies are laid, but where their glory remains eternal in men’s minds, always there on the right occasion to stir others to speech or to action. For famous men have the whole earth as their memorial. It is not only the inscriptions on their graves in their own country that mark them out; no, in foreign lands also, not in any visible form but in people’s hearts, their memory abides and grows. It is for you to try
to be like them. Make up your minds that happiness depends on being free, and freedom depends on being courageous. Let there be no relaxation in fact
of the perils of the war. The people who have most excuse for despising death are not the wretched and unfortunate, who have no hope of doing well for themselves, but those who run the risk of a complete reversal in their lives, and who would feel the di erence most intensely if things went wrong for them. Any intelligent man would nd a humiliation caused by his own slackness more painful to bear than death, when death comes to him unperceived, in battle, and in the confidence of his patriotism.

CINNA THE POET
I am Cinna the poet, I am Cinna the poet.

Fourth Citizen
Tear him for his bad verses, tear him for his bad verses.

CINNA THE POET
I am not Cinna the conspirator.

Fourth Citizen
It is no matter, his name's Cinna; pluck but his
name out of his heart, and turn him going.

Third Citizen
Tear him, tear him! Come, brands ho! fire-brands:
to Brutus', to Cassius'; burn all: some to Decius'
house, and some to Casca's; some to Ligarius': away, go!

Is that why he was never really successful in his lifetime?

>Hitler
>scorning plutocracy
Strasser keks from the grave

More should pay attention to this post.

the jew conspiracy is rael

Watch this anyone who prefers Brando version should kys

youtube.com/watch?v=0bi1PvXCbr8

Shakespeare monologues are good speeches.

Barjavel: Ashes, Ashes.
Montherlant
Ernst Jünger

did you think this was clever?

Céline.

Franz Kafka is a jew though

Pierre Menard

Cicero. He was a master.

E V O L A

youtube.com/watch?v=QiCtdi5nCoA

Undoubtedly Chesterton. Arguably more right-wing than Evola, given how much he loved the Church and the Middle Ages. And of course unlike Evola he wasn't painfully edgy.

Evola isn't edgy, he's just straigt-up a sociopath.

Alphonse de Chateaubriant
Ernst von Salomon

Exactly. Hence why I call Chesterton great. I feel his right-wing ethos is actually livable in a way Evola's isn't. Evola advocates for something that isn't really possible.

based fat man

Very prescient.

And? He became very interested in his heritage. Israel is a far right state.

Nietzsche.

He was a communist (with catholic characteristics).

Kafka was an anarchist