Chemical Engineering

This major is god awful. I have a decently high GPA (3.84) but I still can't believe I fell for the memes on here. No jobs, absolute shit boring classes compared to EE, don't actually build anything so I'm barely an "engineer", and the research and projects aren't the slightest bit interesting, either. Oh, and did I mention: NO FUCKING JOBS OR INTERNSHIPS ANYWHERE.

I can't switch my major anymore. I'm honestly considering dropping out and working in a trade. Please, I beg you chemical engineering undergrads in your 1st and 2nd years to reconsider.

Just kill yourself senpai. That's what I did.

all engineering disciplines are shit. they overwork you and you end up in marketing because there's no need for engineers

Why do you think the classes are boring?
Thermodynamics
Mass transfer
Kinetics
Fluid dynamics
Reactor design

Besides the pure chemistry classes like physical and organic chemistry.

This is actually the most well rounded engineering major. Much better than mechanical at least.

I did ME and am in the same boat. HR has been outright rude. I finally got a phone interview only for them to not call, and after I emailed them to ask what happened and reschedule for the next day, they didn't call again. Also isn't EE forecasted to have negative job growth?

Literally who gives a fuck what classes you take if you end up working at taco bell anyway? All these retarded
>my major was harder than yours!!!!111
posts are completely missing the point

I'm a senior in ME and I've received job offers from Lockheed, Raytheon, and J.P. Morgan. You did get internships during your schooling, right user?

EE here. I missed out on internships because I didn't realize how competitive they were. I bought into my school's recruiters' bullshit about how desirable the students here are. Now I'm scared I won't get a job by May.

I’m sorry you’re in trouble user. Apply to every internship and job Even if they don’t mentioned chemical engineering knowledge.

Is electrical engineering a bad choice for someone wanting work? I have a choice between transferring to a great school for EE or a mediocre school for mechanical engineering. Which do I pick Veeky Forums?

What school?

>He doesn't understand that you can work for yourself.

Start a company.

I want to but I have more student loan debt than money. How do you propose we do this? Engineering is extremely capital-intensive.

Find a market that isn't saturated. My father in law has a PHD in Chem Engineering and he owns a fireworks company. He started off just doing small displays for private people and now we do the new years fire works for a number of major cities. He makes about 500k in a few months and then relaxes for the rest of the year.

LARP

you probably need some connections to find a spot.

/pol/ is looking for you.

Please. I only browse Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, and Veeky Forums. I just find it very unbelievable that anyone from a successful family would browse this shithole.

You need 4 years of experience to get licensed as an engineer before you can start your own engineering company, and you probably need a lot more than 4 years of experience if you want anyone to do business with your engineering company.

>Veeky Forums

I rarely go there anymore. I love philosophy and literature but that board is basically /pol/ at this point

Get a fucking internship you retard if you graduate without one you might as well not have graduated at all. Go to every career fair and pain in the ass networking event you can while you're still in college and have all these student organizations setting up events for you full of recruiters to talk to because you're going to have a hell of a time if you graduate with zero experience and nothing lined up and no network to help you and no more access to opportunities to put yourself in front of a recruiter.

>they're teaching me theory and not job skillz!
>wtf!

That's what Universities are for.

>>they're teaching me theory and not job skillz!
>>wtf!
>
>That's what Universities are for.

i did get internships

there are NO JOBS

Knowledge isn't worth more than you can do with it. If you can't do anything useful with your theory it's just a waste of time.

Yeah you will. Absolute worst case scenario you can probably get a job in Quality, Service or Systems and get something better after a year.

Most likely though you'll become a software engineer.

Yeah then I don't know what to tell you, it does suck. I suffered and busted my ass looking for jobs and ended up landing a shitty contractor position so I'm still trying to get something better. Guess it wasn't as great as everyone told you it would be, should've gone to a better school or networked better or something. You're probably not going to get any job you want for $300k starting and your life won't get any easier.

You might as well be studying humanities then. At least then you wouldn't be a socially inept STEM autist.

no they didnt keep you after the internship was over bc they found someone that can actually make them money