On behalf of Veeky Forums we say unto you, godspeed good sir!

on behalf of Veeky Forums we say unto you, godspeed good sir!

Please document the edge and what's underneath and take good pics.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachem_Ba_349
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yokosuka_MXY-7_Ohka
youtube.com/watch?v=WQITXbcz2hg
youtube.com/watch?v=eN8yhUzqLCA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I look forward to the rocket exploding and reading the headlines

because you are a cruel heartless person who wishes for death, misery, and destruction?

I wish him well to counter you, touche!

I thought flat earthers thought NASA (and presumably other space agencies) was all a hoax? Does that mean this guy thinks he's going to be the first to invent spaceflight?

The only way he's going to get high is through drugs.
Goal is 1800 ft.
I can beat that in an elevator.

"this guy thinks" is an oxymoron.

This guy has to calculate the trajectory of his rocket, using equations and constants that presuppose the earth being a ball. Basically he doesn't believe the earth to be flat and probably used it as an excuse to get money.

>Goal is 1800 ft
You can go 5 times higher than that with a $50 weather balloon.

Also nice get.

Nah.
Height he hopes to go, Flat Earth with uniform gravity field is good enough.
Actual trajectories are ellipses (most of which are underground) and not parabolas -- but parabolas are all you need to catch a baseball.

But you're absolutely right. He's in it for the money. And publicity. Next, he plans to run for Governor of California.

he's planning a multi-stage program. the current rocket is just a test of his most recent improvements to his rocket. he never planned to disprove flat earth with this current launch, that was entirely the media who made that idea up

This is just a daredevil using the flat earth idiots to get funding for one of his stunts.

>"Illuminati blows up rocket"
>Flat Earth News Network

I really hope he launches his rocket as close to the equator as he can facing East so he can get a boost from the rotation of the Earth.

>daredevil
Holy shit it's manned.

I hope he launches in the southern hemisphere so he can immediately see that Australia isn't three times larger in the E-W direction than it is in the N-S direction.

>hat was entirely the media who made that idea up
It's a natural extension of the fact that he started pandering to flat earthers for money.

Hi Mike!

I have a friend who believes the earth is flat. He also believes that this guy is controlled opposition whose goal is just to discredit the movement.

Why doesn't he just launch a fucking balloon with a dumb camera on it? Surely that would be far quicker, easier and cheaper.

Or are balloons the illumnati now?

hope he is prepared to face NASA's mercenaries

>ywn get funding for a /diy/ rocket from a bunch of guillible morons

Feelsbadman

Coolest suicide machine in the hood.

That's just about the worst thing that could happen. He'll just become a martyr and give the other flattards an excuse to say NASA conspirators did it.

He doesn't need to calculate trajectories, he's going straight up. All he needs to do is to determine how long his rocket needs to burn to get however high he wishes to go. If he does it assuming that he'll be pushing against 1g constantly he'll go somewhat higher than intended but not dramatically so.

I doubt he'll do any calculating, though. He looks like the sort to eyeball it. After all, if he could do middle school geometry he wouldn't be a flattard.

Don't flat-earthers think that rocket engines don't work outside of the atmosphere?

>Abraj Al Bait Towers

Disgusting

But ((they)) control all the balloons

unsanctioned ballistic launch
dude will get AEGIS'd

Didn't this already happen last year? Or was that another flat earther shilling his steam powered rocket?

>"I don't believe in science," Hughes said to the AP in an interview
Goon.

The government took a shit on him and said he didnt have the right permits. He found a different place to launch and was going to do it a few weeks later, but then a film crew joined up with him to make a documentary about his project, so they've been working on that the last few months.

If this is the guy I think it is, the flight has a rediculously low ceiling.

Maybe Mad Mike is cleverer than Veeky Forums. Instesad of blindly believing what he reads in books like a sheep he wants to find out for himself.

W-Why he doesnt just install a camera

Suggest you look for a better class of friends.
Stupidity MIGHT be contagious.

Any time that someone tells you IQ determines success, show them this picture. A stupid but motivated person can do anything

>1800 feet
>you need to get to ISS heights to even begin to see the curve

Why do things the easy way when you can needlessly complicate things?

>balloons reach ISS heights
Seeing the curve isn't what will debunk flat earth, they've seen it on cameras and just explain it with "atmospheric optics" or something like that. What he should be doing instead is taking a look at the eccentric obliquity of his so-called map as you approach the south pole, because they shouldn't be able to explain away "optical effects" that somehow only happen E-W but not N-S. The flat earth map states that it should take an incredibly long time to drive from the east coast to the west coast across Australia, but barely a fraction of that to drive from the south coast to the north coast. Getting to an altitude where this is visible (preferably on a smaller island like Stewart Island so the required flight ceiling isn't as high) should be his goal. But again, balloons.

Driving around Australia, New Zealand, or Argentina would equally be a good test.

I'm assuming someone who's able to build a functionning rocket is smart enough to calculate his rocket's trajectory.

> success

As if he isn't going to die in the resulting crash of his 5th grade science project "rocket"

I think its worth pointing out that this isn't the first time he's flown a rocket like this. The guy knows what he's doing.

They'd bullshit something about the difference in lengths needed being made up by the ocean

Then fly from Australia to South America, modern planes only have so much fuel and shouldn't need to cross over India to get there.

Jesus built his hotrod

How else do you explain the rocket suddenly exploding other than that he obviously hit the firmament?

I doubt it will even get off the ground. Keep in mind these guys think gravity isn't real and it's all due to "buoyancy".

Buoyancy is a byproduct of gravity though.

No, they think the flat earth is accelerating upwards at 9.81m/s^2. In the obscurest sense they're actually not wrong, but they wouldn't understand what that meant anyway.

Also Cavendish experiment.

>I doubt it will even get off the ground.
His last one did, he was injured.

Reminds me of en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachem_Ba_349
WW2 German rocket-powered interceptor.
Plan was for vertical take-off and quick ascent to the altitude of Allied bombers. Pilot would fire a cluster of unguided solid-fuel rockets at the bombers. Both he and the expensive hydrogen peroxide rocket motor would descend on parachutes. The rest of the plane would crash. It was a cheap weapon, worth it if they could destroy some Allied planes.
Canopy came off during first test flight and snapped the test pilot's neck.

The Japanese also had a project for a manned rocket-powered weapon. Difference was there was no provision for saving the pilot. His job was to steer his craft into an American ship and die with it. Unofficial name for it was "Baka" (Japanese for "stupid")
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yokosuka_MXY-7_Ohka

There's already been cameras sent up without curved lenses, it's flat baby!

youtube.com/watch?v=WQITXbcz2hg

They say plane windows are curved like a lense so the earth looks like it's round (that why they are round)

Also all the airline companies are controlled by round earth shills so they won't believe it

>editing out the potato sun
begone flat earth shill

Do you believe the sun is 93 million miles away and orbiting the galaxy at over 500,000mph? I'm not going to blindly believe that sci-fi bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=eN8yhUzqLCA

>I'd rather believe this YouTube guy who knows how to upload a video.

I can see the curve at ground level.

I can see the curve 100 feet underground

Drive around Australia and fly from there to South America to prove your theory.

Also Cavendish experiment if you don't believe in gravity.