Words pseudoscience people say that annoy you

>Cosmos
>Schrodinger
>Higgs bosons

And often they major in arts...

Was pop-sci the biggest mistake on TV?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2002/07/30/science/race-is-seen-as-real-guide-to-track-roots-of-disease.html
centerforhealthprogress.org/blog/race-social-construct/
scientificamerican.com/article/race-is-a-social-construct-scientists-argue/
vox.com/2014/10/10/6943461/race-social-construct-origins-census
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Forgot

>Dark matter
>Black holes
>Wormholes

pop sci autists are a pain in the ass but its not like they actively do anything to harm any scientific discoveries. pop sci provides free press for science, which gets more people interested in science, which gets more funding and more scientists.

Why this guy reminds me so much of those cop-"sci" people that once wanted to do physics and now annoy the fuck out of you

>qbits

Anything Einstein related.
Coincidence?

Global Warming endangers humanity.

>Race doesn't exist.
>Anytime normies try to apply the concept of evolutionary fitness.

The worst is pseudo-engineering. When people start talking about computers, I want to punch them straight in the crotch. Why people talk about shit they don't understand Veeky Forums?

>global warming is really really scary

Race doesnt exist tho

honestly never sure whether people are trolling or not when they say shit like this

Taxonomy was a mistake?

Oh is this the /pol/ containment thread? Nice, better to have all these people in one place.

I swear, you fucks start the same goddamn threads everyday, and it's not even because you care about science. You just want to argue.

Man, I fucking know. Here's some stuff I'm too dumb to understand:
>General Relativity
>Navier Stokes
>F=ma
Fuck physicists and their pseudoscience.

>maths

Biggest one for me. Math has been the accepted shorthand for mathematics and now brainlets everywhere are calling it maths like it's a real fucking word it tilts me so hard.

maths is british english and it comes from french because the brits got cucked hard by france

>When politicians discuss anything science related

>please don't trigger me in my super serious shitposting thread

>Machine Learning, AI, etc.

>Machine Learning
Holyshit this one

Can normal people say them? It'd be very hard to be an astrophysicist if you're not allowed to say cosmos

Pseud teenager desperate to feel superior to others detected.

At least it shows they're interested. I'd rather have people voting to fund science because they have some warped view of le quantum magic from watching Michio Kock-a-doodle-doo than a population with /pol/-tier hatred and distrust.

>Schrodinger, higgs boson, dark matter, black holes, qbits, Albert Einstein gets mentioned
>no reaction
>"heh, global warming and race"
>"FUCK OFF BACK TO POL YOU ONLY WANT TO ARGUE, AAAAAAAAAA"
ever consider that maybe global warming and race get mentioned simply because it's a very effective method of making people like you mad?

B-but I research machine learning for a living...

this

>quantum entanglement

Every normie has their own interpretation and its always wrong.

nytimes.com/2002/07/30/science/race-is-seen-as-real-guide-to-track-roots-of-disease.html
anti-science is reserved for boards like /pol/ and /x/

If race doesnt exist, why do real life examples of racial diversification exist? Like no good black swimmers and hardly any good white runners in the olympics? Or how come football quarter backs mostly white, wide recievers mostly black and theres not a single asian besides pacific islanders, who are rare?

>nytimes
Have any of you race realists actually teken a biology course in university? They go over it, and not in your favour.
Cherrypicking arguments and being supported by one or two quacks is not definitive.

can you point to one thing in that article that's false?
also why do people so vehemently disagree with the fact that we aren't all 100% identical? I'm not trying to say one race is superior or inferior to another, but why is it so terrible to acknowledge that race exists?

also, the differences are minor and there is no reason to dive right into something like that in an introductory biology class

I'd actually argue that pop sci has a potential to cause great harm. When you expose the retarded masses to easy answers and cool concepts that all carry the name of science you risk creating a religion where people start vehemently preaching about topics they really absolutely do not understand.

What's worse, those people completely trust in those cool concepts and get very disappointed when new research shows that they won't come true or were just flat out wrong. Do this over and over again and you create grounds for a whiplash that promotes anti-science groups like antivaxxers. A gullible and easily distracted ignorant person with very little room for the word "maybe" in their reasoning should not be exposed to concepts that get presented as facts while still being mere hypotheses at worst.

it's a dangerous path. one day you're reading the New York Times about how Africans are more likely to get sickle cell and Swedes are more likely to get hemochromatosis. and before you know it you've got mein kampf under your pillow

So you'd prefer an illiterate population?

>slippery slope

>Race
>Jews
>Leftists
>Liberals
>Capitalism

>Implying racism is science.
Shouldn't you be on /pol/?

That's just culture you fucking racist.

>can you point to one thing in that article that's false?
It assumes race exist.

>CRISPR

ebin

No it is fucking disgusting.

It's not about that, kid

It's about teenagers and brainlets that repeat this shit just to look superior to others, just repeating shit they saw in some documentary.

I always LARP as an Idiot in front of them because they are annoying as shit

Enough with the false-flagging no one is going to fall for it.

They're still more likely to vote for increased funding to the sciences. Sorry if they dare to challenge your belief that you are the smartest person in the room.

I honestly don't get why you would think that I am false flagging.

Seriously, do you actually believe race is a real concept, which has meaning in reality?

It is just arbitrary categories slapped onto individuals to make some /pol/-tard feel less insecure.
That it is all that it has ever been.

Here have some sources, the first one is especially important as it establishes what is wrong with the NYT article.
centerforhealthprogress.org/blog/race-social-construct/
scientificamerican.com/article/race-is-a-social-construct-scientists-argue/
vox.com/2014/10/10/6943461/race-social-construct-origins-census

not really, it's their arrogance that annoys me, and there's enough money for research no one in any Gov gives a fuck about some nerds calling for research budget increase

People who vote on government funding for science are elected, you know.

>there is no biological difference between male and female

>being a good runner is culture
Why because blacks are always having to run from the cops lmao?

It doesn’t mean differences in the races aren’t real and that we should ignore facts about biology

>Why because blacks are always having to run from the cops lmao?
No, you racist pig.

It just so happen that black culture encourages more running, likely because of their ancestors living in areas where that skill was more important.
Partly you are right, racist cops going after innocent blacks in the thousands, is certainly a factor.

Do you think some white fucker who gets everything laid onto his feet by his parents feels the need to train his running?

>biology
No biology involved.
Cultural differences are the cause between "racial" differences.

>It just so happen that black culture encourages more running, likely because of their ancestors living in areas where that skill was more important.
So you admit that black people evolved differently than white people based on the environment of their ancestors, thus modifying their biology and making them better runners? Glad we can agree.
>no biology involved
t. Not a biologist

>le nytimes meme
fake news
>le false dilemma meme
no-one said we're 100% identical
>le retardation meme
read or something senfam

and? I don't see a correlation

I imagine you're pretty used to that feeling by now.

>evolved
No evolution happened, or do you think it is evolution if your parents tell you that you should "study hard".
It is culture, that is transmitted not via genes.

>modifying their biology
Only in superficial ways such as skin color.

>t. Not a biologist
t. Probably a Racist

>only in superficial ways such as skin colour
>everyone is exactly the same EXCEPT for the things I can see with my naked eye
>wood and steel are exactly the same, see they’re both painted green

Not trolling. Race as we think of it is an arbitrary delineation.

Taxonomy is like classical mechanics. It gives pretty good results, but is fundamentally incorrect and is superseded by genetic classification.

sex doesn't exist
gb2pol

Nice straw men.
Skin color was just the most obvious example.

Sex as a social construct definitely exists.

Oh yeah, super scientific ny times article.

>t. Brainlet

This is also unscientific and can be explained by much more subtle (and accurate) arguments than what you dumbly call race.

We are 99% identical though moron.

>Skin color was just the most obvious example.
So what other genetic examples then?
For blacks there are:
>skin colour (obvi)
>curly hair
>brown eyes

>larger growth capacity for certain muscles
omg that’s RACIST

We are 99% the same, why do you think any "substantial differences" exists.

Maybe blacks have a slightly higher capacity to grow muscles and that plays into their culture, that is LITERALLY irrelevant though.

99% identical means not identical retarded faggot

It means that all differences are superficial and meaningless, such as skin color.

>Maybe blacks have a slightly higher capacity to grow muscles and that plays into their culture
>and that plays into their culture
You’re confusing culture with biology. Blacks spent most of their ancestry in the plains and jungles of Africa, and so therefore better performing muscle groups were more necessary.
That doesn’t mean that every black person’s genetics are the same, but on average their muscle groups outperform those of other races.
> that is LITERALLY irrelevant though.
Not when it comes to competing at the highest level, where every athlete is in peak physical condition for their genetics, and that is why more blacks win the 100m dash.

Yes, it means 99% identical. As in, 99% of X and Y are the same. I would bet money that you have no qualifications.

is for you.

>Words pseudoscience people say that annoy you
"climate change"

>You’re confusing culture with biology.
No, obviously both play a role in a human.

Again, maybe blacks have a slightly easier time developing muscles which is meaningless except in serious sports competitions.

Yes. 99% identical.

Identical in everything but the most meaningless things.

IQ is a highly polygenic trait, why would you just assume that the 1% differences are "in the brain" and not in something like skin color.

we agree breddah. I meant to reply to this incorrectly pedantic fuck.

>99% identical means not identical retarded faggot
Why the homophobia?

>Why the homophobia?
because fags are gay

>superseded by genetic classification
>denies existence of race

fella, the perception and differentiation of human races by genetic classification is much more sound than by skin colour and appearance

Hey guys, have you heard about terraplanism?
SPEAKING SERIOUSLY, I'M FUCKING TIRED OF THOSE IDIOTS, ALL SOUTH AMERICA IS FULL OF THEM
Sorry for the caps

>he fell for the "why the homophobia" meme

>he fell for the, taking a joke serious meme

I don't think you know what larp means

Mfw this thread

But I have sex like every other day?

>Race as we think of it is an arbitrary delineation.

wow bud, I'm sure racists never thought of THIS! truly penetrating insight here

Schools don't teach pop sci.
The average person doesn't need to know that some retarded shit like a higgs boson exists.
Cern just popularised it so people would think that it was a good thing to finance that shit.
"hurr we found retarded particle that proves my super cluster fuck theory is one step closer to the truth."
When physicists are more worried about experiments than math that's what happens.

>When physicists are more worried about experiments than math that's what happens.

When that happens, science happens.

Daily reminder that experimental information is everything, when mathfags start playing science useless shit like string theory appears

>metaphysics
>consciousness

Strings theory is mathematical and scientific heresy. All those fags should repent or suffer the Eternal Fire.
The ultimate theory of the universe is pure newtonian mechanics.
Prove me wrong faggots.

>vox
>scientific american
Not that guy, but going all out I see.

Dialectical materialism.

Surplus value.

Gonna need a source on that.

Well actually the racists think its fundamental. Blacks and whites are as different as electrons and protons. I dont get your attack.

>our physics break down
>ELON MUSK
>this is almost like magic
>[really large number] WHOA!

races don't exist though. even the most reactionary biologist will simply take a reductionist approach to explain things that are different between "races" by calling them some euphemism like "ethnic groups" etc. But there is no scientific way to divine humans into races, ask any biologist who has taken population genetics in uni. What you call a "race" is categorization based on historically developed socioeconomical groups. 2 black people can have more genetic variance between them than 2 white people. Anyone telling you anything different is either relying on debunked nazi propaganda, or doesn't understand genetics and taxonomy enough to begin with and is simply spouting bullshit layman "common logic"

where the fuck do you live where diamat is popsci?

>anything related to space that instantly becomes a discussion on spacex and elon musk

>he thinks differences between males and females are more than mere social constructs

>>Schrodinger

My professor talked about the Schrodinger wave equation yesterday. Does that count as pseudoscience?