What should I expect of this?

shit smeared on pages after pages

Waifus

Maria

A soap opera.

Russian snobbery and bullying of Germans

The greatest novel ever written.

shitty translation

I just picked up Notes and they are the translators for that as well. I was told they were good, do you recommend other translators?

they are the best, ignore the obvious trolling.

Long, but well paced and epic in the truest sense. Also I want to get plastered with a bear.

There's a controversial point where Tolstoy fucks his shit up senpai. You'll know it when you see it. Anna Karenin pisses all over it.

Sums Russian literature up pretty accurate.

Revised Maude by Oxford is a lot better.

P&V's style is a little 'clunky'.

I have two copies of War and Peace - pic related and Maude, and Maude is a lot better.

Reams and reams of shitty little "characters" with their funny little quirks that make you go "I do that! Oh my gosh I do that too! He gets us, he really gets humanity" and then maybe three actually well-written characters.

1700 pages and no tits.

There are so many waifus what are you on about

Something 10x as long but 1/5 as good as Hadji Murat.

Nothing, my dude. Just dive in and enjoy it.

The first hundred pages or so might feel like a push if you're unfamiliar with Tolstoy but after that it becomes really enjoyable. You'll grow to understand and love all the characters like close friends.

Which translation should I cop

Cannot have a shitty cover (das right woodsworth I'm looking at you)

They are great. But their War and Peace has the restored French which ends up you reading a ton of translated French in the footnotes. I prefer the Maude translation that has the French translated right into the main work. Tolstoy himself approved of Maude's translation.

War and feels.

>what I read

war and peace

>what I expected

War, Russians, Napoleon, Aristocrats

>what I got

"...and ANOTHER reason historians are a bunch of cunts is...."