Can you create something out of nothing?

Can you create something out of nothing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s86-Z-CbaHA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes
when I peepee

No. Nothing doesn't exist.

Can you prove that?

Logically it should. Nothingness should be the default state of reality. It's actually bizarre that there is something instead of nothing because I don't see any logical reason why there should be anything in reality at all. Nothingness is the perfect equilibrium state.

How can yoy define nothing without there being something?

vacuum fluctuations, my friend

Vacuum fluctuations are a property of space. Space is a thing. Nothing means no thing.

>Nothingness should be the default state of reality. Nothingness is the perfect equilibrium state.
Sounds like a complete baseless assumption.

What is nothing?

Assuming, and this is a big assumption, nothing exists then nothing could come out of it, if you also assume that conservation of energy applies to nothing, which is a strange thing to think about.

Property of a field. Space is not a thing.

Definition: everything that exists is something.

Thm: nothing exists
Proof by contradiction: if nothing existed, it would be something. A contradiction that nothing exists. Therefore nothing doesn't exist.

You have a box with apples. I come by, smack your shit, and take all your apples. You now have a box with nothing in it.

Check and mate

Atmospheric pressure? Air? Dust? Matter?

>Space is not a thing
It clearly is since it has curvature.

That's assuming apples are the only thing that exists in the box. If you do that, then I don't even have nothing, because nothing wasn't there to begin with.

The idea of nothing is kinda strange, considering the act of visualizing nothing automatically makes it a something. Like when I ask someone to imagine what a void would look like, they’d obviously think of blackness which is something as well.

Nothing is also a weird word to define. If I have no possessions, do I have nothing? Where does nothing start and where does it stop?

This is more of a personal opinion, but I don’t believe there is such thing as true nothing. Everything comes down to a universal potential. I had the potential to exist, atoms had a potential to exist, and so on. That’s just my two cents though, take it as you wish.

0 = nothing
non-zero = something

But {0} is something while o is nothing

{0} is not 0

Definitely because nothing is actually everything. Nothing is literally everything but unmanifested.

this, you're all fools. the set of things that don't exist is far larger than the set of things with do. it's an ocean of unkown things, while we're an island of known things.

Mu

If your problem is in "having nothing" then instead just say "not having anything". One is the presence of absence, the other is the absence of presence.

Nothing is not a set of things that don't exist, but of things that can't exist. And the set of things that can't exist, itself, cannot exist.

no

Ctrl+f banach tarski
no results... shame

Banach Tarski paradox spoonfeeds you hiw to create something from nothing

youtube.com/watch?v=s86-Z-CbaHA

Wrong.
It proves you can create two things from 1 thing.

no

No it doesn't, Banach Tarski isn't a real paradox and it does manipulations that break the concept of volume and are therefore invalid as a way to proove the paradox.

>vsauce

>Nothing
No user the default state of reality is planck fields or something that have existed forever, nothing meaning no spacetime is fucking impossible.

For a science based youtuber, he does a pretty good job researching and explaining topics in comparison to other science youtubers.

Yes. Electrons somehow turn to protons. Particles suddenly act like waves when the electron is not even a particle but a cloud. I'm a brainlet btw