Billions of dollars are/were spent on pie on the sky cancer research, that can't even pass phase 2 trials

>billions of dollars are/were spent on pie on the sky cancer research, that can't even pass phase 2 trials

yet the so called "science"
>can't grow me new hair
>can't reverse or stop graying hair
>can't give me cheaper new or natural (for whater) teeth without giving enough money to buy a mid-range car, to some jew doctor

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.ycombinator.com/yc-bio/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoxidil
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_transplantation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_coloring
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dentures
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

throw money at those problems and we could. Money isnt in those things.

>Money isnt in those things.
as in "it isn't funded enough" or "it isn't commercially viable"

grants are the primary funding tool for the research which would be required, and most grants, especially using public funding (NIH, NSF) require you to state an overarching goal for the research. Any of the topics you mentioned would be overlooked for more public health concerns as they are all cosmetic and not really a public health concern. private funding is another route but that usually involves profiting off research, and from what i know most of those are dead ends in that to make money back on the research, the costs of the products would be enormous, like cancer drugs are now, so most people wouldnt actually buy the product and it would be wasted R and D (in the order of millions to even billions of dollars).

i mean that's the serious answer m8.

a) there are far more important medical problems to solve than your balding head and lack of dental hygiene
b) we've solved the low lying fruits of medicine, now it's a slow chipping away at complex gene relations and ever mutating pathogens

The next major medical paradigm will likely be widespread embryonic editing to be disease free. Which will be a 100 years away.

user do you think these things are fucking easy? Also as pointed out, those things are purely cosmetic

Considering that 1 in 3 people will get cancer in their lifetime (and will probably go to 1 in 2 with average life expectancy going over 90+ in the near future), the fight with all its types is essential and everything that has an even remote chance of working should be tried. If anything, it's not getting enough money. Balding faggots and their vanity can wait.

You forget most of the money given is pocketed like most charities and then the rest are making so much money treating cancer why would they make it obsolete

Bit about government funding is generally true, though if you want to understand funding mechanisms in detail, I suggest you take a look at the funding schedule from NIH, for example, and talk to professors whose tenure relies (more or less) on research.

However, private funding bio research is not a dead end, far from it. Pharmaceutical companies, as one example, are sitting on huge collections of intellectual property. In addition, bio funding appears to be picking up.
E.g. blog.ycombinator.com/yc-bio/

Charities pocket money sure, but a good amount of the money comes from government research.
>> why would they try to make it obsolete
Because then they could make even more money treating cancer.

Not looking like a bunch of fuck-toothed brits is a health concern.

Why Americans are so obsessed by hairs ?

>hairs
Why are you brits so obsessed with putting "s" on the end of every goddamn word?
OI ME FUCKIN MAFS M8

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoxidil
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_transplantation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_coloring
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dentures

/thread

You'll thank them when you get diagnosed with cancer and all those other problems of yours become longing memories of the past

The "big pharma is keeping cures from us for money" argument is so incomprehensibly stupid. My country has nationalized healthcare where overridingly the motivation is to lower all costs and cures are perfect. Guess how we treat patients? Exactly the same as the US, exactly the same as private care here. We've even already developed cures over the last centuries for various diseases, why were they released from the DARPA blackbox pharma project?

>be relaxing in a chair outside
>some idiot child throws his baseball bat aganist me
>lose some teeth
>i just wanted to relax outside
>"there are far more important medical problems to solve than your balding head and lack of dental hygiene REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
fucking moron

there are. And if you cant see that you're a really shallow-minded individual who only thinks selfishly. No one cares about your balding head or lack of dental hygiene. And certainly no one with money does.

>get the mouth smashed with a dirty baseball stick
>DENTAN HIGIENEEEEEE

RU58841 if you still have some and want to completely kill the loss. Minor regrowth potential if loss is recent.

Minoxidil is also worth a shot if the sarm fails.

Finasteride will turn you into a soyboy.

>a) there are far more important medical problems to solve than your balding head and lack of dental hygiene
Fuck off musk you piece of shit traitor

>can't grow me new hair
male pattern baldness is not a bug, it's a feature.

The last thing we need is more plastic surgery fixing genetically inferior men and women so that they can be considered attractive and pollute the gene pool.

>pie on the sky
>can't grow me new hair
>can't reverse or stop graying hair
s-sorry Grandpa

Nothing you say will make morons change their beliefs. These things have no cost since being a retard spouting falsehoods is free, and on the other side there's quite a few benefits in strengthening certain intra-cultural relations.
Leftist hippie retards can bond over ranting about how big pharma is keeping the cure for cancer a secret while right-wing retards can bond over how the theory of evolution is a marxist attack on Jesus/Christmas etc.

>to some jew doctor
Why the racism?